Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Can Rodgers just destroy the Miami defense please? Just need him to have 1 monster game for fantasy purposes.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326461

In terms of containing Tyreek, not an apples to apples by any means, but we've done it with this D coaching staff and largely the same players.

Or maybe not that similar, we were playing King and Sullivan and Savage last year, none of those guys get snaps anymore. I'd say biggest difference is we got Jaire back but are missing Gary. Looks like Stokes missed last year too. His speed would be very welcomed this week.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
21 Dec 2022 18:14
I like that weather, high of 62, shouldn’t be a factor at all.

Last fair weather game till we go to Minny on Jan 15.

Nothing would bring me more joy than to have a chance to ruin their season as the 7 seed. Maybe Christian Watson can moon the fans afterwards.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 18:55
Still no faith in Mason and field goal unit, not just to produce, but not to blunder.
Forgot to share, was watching Mason warming up coming out of halftime. Made a few kicks, then ended with two kicks from 53. Both came up noticeably short. Didn't really pay attention to wind direction vs. kick, but it wasn't that windy regardless. Not sure they would have let him kick anything around 49-51 that day.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 21:35
BF004 wrote:
All signs points to more than likely too little too late as we've been thinking for weeks now. But not because we don't have WR's, not because we can't score, but we are where we always are. Even if luck is in our favor, especially without Gary, I do not trust this defense.
to bad these young receivers weren't in there second season this year, we needed them to be who they've become day one, in my best Lupe impression, Guty is fish intestines, I know thats a very timid impersonation of what Lupe would say, but you get the jist :lol:

I still like what Scott ( Grace) said, we can do this as long as these players on this list get juiced up, hey I watched the Majik man pull out wins like a magician pulling rabbits in half the games that season, so I have the faith that this team can do that too.
First things first, I no longer refer to him as Gutey. He is either referred to as Gutenbumst or Booty. It is absolute negligence to go back to back drafts and not take a single player at the teams weakest position group. The fact that the teams two best WRs right now are rookies and the 3rd best is one Rodgers had to hold the team by the balls to acquire is evidence enough that Gutenbumst is trash at his job.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I see a depressing loss that will prove us to be pretenders. But if we can win this one then I see some hope bc Miami is no gimme, they play for the postseason for real.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Dec 2022 15:46
Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 21:35
BF004 wrote:
All signs points to more than likely too little too late as we've been thinking for weeks now. But not because we don't have WR's, not because we can't score, but we are where we always are. Even if luck is in our favor, especially without Gary, I do not trust this defense.
to bad these young receivers weren't in there second season this year, we needed them to be who they've become day one, in my best Lupe impression, Guty is fish intestines, I know thats a very timid impersonation of what Lupe would say, but you get the jist :lol:

I still like what Scott ( Grace) said, we can do this as long as these players on this list get juiced up, hey I watched the Majik man pull out wins like a magician pulling rabbits in half the games that season, so I have the faith that this team can do that too.
First things first, I no longer refer to him as Gutey. He is either referred to as Gutenbumst or Booty. It is absolute negligence to go back to back drafts and not take a single player at the teams weakest position group. The fact that the teams two best WRs right now are rookies and the 3rd best is one Rodgers had to hold the team by the balls to acquire is evidence enough that Gutenbumst is trash at his job.
You are right ........... not "Gutey" .......... 'cause it rhymes with "goodie".

But No, not "Booty" ..... "Booty" has other meaning(s) that should not be confused with a "Gutenbumst" :clap:

How about THE BUMPSTER .... as in "most likely belongs in a dumpster".

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Dec 2022 08:56
Can Rodgers just destroy the Miami defense please? Just need him to have 1 monster game for fantasy purposes.
I can certainly get on board with that notion/line of thinking. Basically blow out the 3 game losing streak Dolphins........make it a 4 game losing streak. :aok:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So what game am I watching today? And who do I root for?

We want the Commanders to lose, right?

And the Seachickens?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Some of the vegas Sharps jumped on the Packers+ 4.5 and the spread moved to Packers + 3.5
As of this morning, 60 % of the bets and 62 % of the ATS money is on the Packers + points

On the money line, ( just win baby !) 52 % of the bets are taking the Dolphins- but 99% of the money is on the Packers to win.
That likely means a couple of very large bets on GB. We shall see...

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers vs Dolphins defense in terms of opponent passer rating:

GB has been better than Miami all season - and even more so over the last few games.
Miami had a tougher schedule, but GB D still compares favorably to the phins defense both home and away

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... er-rating
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I hope it's not one of those "throw a half full beer bottle against the TV" games.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We can't be eliminated now tomorrow which means no Jordan Love.

I'm officially back on the heavy bandwagon. Really wanted to see Love more this season but i will settle for Watson and the gang bringing home the Lombardi. :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

:pray:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2022 22:36
We can't be eliminated now tomorrow which means no Jordan Love.

I'm officially back on the heavy bandwagon. Really wanted to see Love more this season but i will settle for Watson and the gang bringing home the Lombardi. :aok:
It’s time to run the table
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I remember around 2004 ?? the Vikings were up on the Cardinals by like three scores, which eliminated GB from the playoffs...and then the Cardinals made this amazing comeback and won. I had turned off the TV before it happened. I didn't find out that GB was in the playoffs until the next morning.

Okay, yoop. Here's my reply.

I can objectively think (on Wednesday) that the Packers are a bad team incapable of winning three games in a row yet on Sunday plan my day around the game, watch the game, and be a fanatic (fan). There is no inconsistency there. And I'd like to point out that I really have only one memory of my maternal grandfather - he sat in his old leather chair, drinking Pabst, muttering at the TV that "Lombardi would not have put up with this &%$@." That is from around 1979-1983.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
25 Dec 2022 07:41
I remember around 2004 ?? the Vikings were up on the Cardinals by like three scores, which eliminated GB from the playoffs...and then the Cardinals made this amazing comeback and won. I had turned off the TV before it happened. I didn't find out that GB was in the playoffs until the next morning.

Okay, yoop. Here's my reply.

I can objectively think (on Wednesday) that the Packers are a bad team incapable of winning three games in a row yet on Sunday plan my day around the game, watch the game, and be a fanatic (fan). There is no inconsistency there. And I'd like to point out that I really have only one memory of my maternal grandfather - he sat in his old leather chair, drinking Pabst, muttering at the TV that "Lombardi would not have put up with this &%$@." That is from around 1979-1983.
I just have a hard time with the negativity, and the negative projections of gloom and doom.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The playoff table has been set for the Packers. Now it's just a matter of them eating.

I'm not terribly confident they'll get the win today - I picked against them - but it's certainly possible if they play to their capabilities. I'll be cheering them on regardless!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Time for a Christmas Miracle! Go Pack Go!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

This is it, our final battle. One last road game, and they bring there speediest people. Got to find a way to slow them down or is over.

Or...you know, losing doesn't push our record...but still!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated