Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 14:18
I don't put much stock in this as Mark also said Rodgers to Denver was a done deal.

But man I would be happy if this were true. Best case is Rodgers goes in a tear. Wins the SB. Increases his trade value and we feel confident in rolling with Love.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 14:20
I don't put much stock in this as Mark also said Rodgers to Denver was a done deal.
Exactly
And wasn't it just a week ago, the Colts were the odds on favorite to land Rodgers ?
Media masturbation continues
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
27 Dec 2022 15:45
go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 14:20
Exactly
And wasn't it just a week ago, the Colts were the odds on favorite to land Rodgers ?
Media masturbation continues
:lol:

Precisely, and eloquently stated!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Remember the old Lou Grant Show? The main character was a news editor/boss who ended the introduction to the show by putting the front page of his own newspaper into the bird cage.
Schlereth’s remarks remind me of what should be done with his press now. Put it in the bird cage. It’s meaningless.

But if that does happen, the Packers need to trade Rodgers to anybody not in our division.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm not going to say Schlereth's words are meaningless. There absolutely is something to "where there is smoke there is fire" and we can reasonably believe this is the next move. Mark certainly has more insight, knowledge and connections on this matter than any of us on this forum do.

So I am putting some stock (notice I didn't say no stock) into this. But a lot can happen from now until next August.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Mark made up stuff last season and some are willing to forget that this year? Il ignore his hot takes
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:57
Mark made up stuff last season and some are willing to forget that this year? Il ignore his hot takes
The video clip is literally him stating an opinion. Get mad when it makes sense, but this ain’t it.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:55
I'm not going to say Schlereth's words are meaningless. There absolutely is something to "where there is smoke there is fire" and we can reasonably believe this is the next move. Mark certainly has more insight, knowledge and connections on this matter than any of us on this forum do.

So I am putting some stock (notice I didn't say no stock) into this. But a lot can happen from now until next August.
right, Mark has a first name relationship with the grounds keeper.

you want this to be true sooo bad a cocker spaniel could convince you :rotf:

unless someone will eat a bunch of dead money, or Rodgers will retire, it's logical to assume he's our starting QB next year

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packers sign WR Bo Melton and Lowry to IR??

Any source?

Sink or swim time Wyatt.

Hoping Melton signing is unrelated to a Nixon injury.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If this ends Dean Lowry’s career in GB.

Gotta be one of the quietest 7 year careers in GB.

I was always a fan and a supporter, met his dad at anduzzi’s a few years back. Always was hoping he’d be a bit more productive.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:33
Packers sign WR Bo Melton and Lowry to IR??

Any source?

Sink or swim time Wyatt.

Hoping Melton signing is unrelated to a Nixon injury.
Gotta be in relation to Nixon. No reason to sign a WR with what we currently have.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Does Melton have experience returning kicks?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Dec 2022 18:00
In college he was a good returner.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:38
Coupla splashes here and there, otherwise pretty quiet.
Not sure if this is the end, but his deal voids in late Feb so GB has some time to consider options.
He's only 29-30 and as a DL depth piece, you could do worse. Contract would have to be appropriate for the role.

As far as replacements, there's Wyatt and Big Man Jonathan Ford on the 53 and this nastyman below is on the PS

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Dec 2022 18:00
At Rutgers Melton had 1 KR for a TD, not sure about any in NFL
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:15
go pak go wrote:

unless someone will eat a bunch of dead money, or Rodgers will retire, it's logical to assume he's our starting QB next year
I do want Love to be our QB next year. I'm not hiding behind that But that has nothing to do with what you are saying.

Keep in mind.... I'm the one who originally pointed out Schlereth was wrong last year and we therefore shouldn't put much stock in what he said.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:12
Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:57
The video clip is literally him stating an opinion. Get mad when it makes sense, but this ain’t it.
I’m not mad. I called it a hot take.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:38
If this ends Dean Lowry’s career in GB.

I was always a fan and a supporter, met his dad at anduzzi’s a few years back. Always was hoping he’d be a bit more productive.
It was quiet because it was unremarkable in every sense. Unfortunately he got paid like a player that should stand out. Great guy with apparently a great dad. See ya Dean.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 18:16
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I do want Love to be our QB next year. I'm not hiding behind that But that has nothing to do with what you are saying.

Keep in mind.... I'm the one who originally pointed out Schlereth was wrong last year and we therefore shouldn't put much stock in what he said.
I'd give my eye teeth ( long since gone) to remember something you or anyone said of significance just last week let alone last year :rotf: I just know that this time of the year ( actually any time concerning sports) rumors float like butterflies lol.

and when it comes to Rodgers I have a hard time believing anything, he says stuff to provoke gossip and later he laughs cause ya bought into his fib, :lol:

I wont care to much at this stage either way, stay or go, Guty, You, and others may have faith in Love after a good quarter of a game, I liked what I saw too, but given time and research and I could name a couple hundred young QB's that looked even better and never started two seasons in a row for there whole NFL careers, he still has a small resume to rely on and this is a loaded with talent team.

In fact with the WR situation to start this year along with uncertainty at OL, me and friends thought next year team was probably a better bet to go all the way.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2022 12:58
go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 18:16
Yoop wrote:

I'd give my eye teeth ( long since gone) to remember something you or anyone said of significance just last week let alone last year :rotf: I just know that this time of the year ( actually any time concerning sports) rumors float like butterflies lol.
It's literally the first post on this page. My post was 3 hours before your post.
Yoop wrote: