Vikings and Lions Analyses

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:07
williewasgreat wrote:
29 Dec 2022 05:19
BSA wrote:
28 Dec 2022 16:24

...because the vikings suck.

That's my full & complete analysis
I hate the Vikings, but they are 12-3. They do not suck (in games this year that is).
Yeah, I don't think they "suck" per se, but they're not nearly as good as their 12-3 record would suggest. Hell, they have a +5 season long point differential over their opponents.

That's a team with some luck going their way along with whatever talent they have. And to be honest, I'm not sure which is more dangerous: habitually good or habitually lucky?
They have one of the best WR's in the league, Jefferson is a tough match up, I hope this time around we man him up with Alexander, with over the top support

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:
BSA wrote:
28 Dec 2022 16:24

...because the vikings suck.

That's my full & complete analysis
I hate the Vikings, but they are 12-3. They do not suck (in games this year that is).
Yeah, I don't think they "suck" per se, but they're not nearly as good as their 12-3 record would suggest. Hell, they have a +5 season long point differential over their opponents.

That's a team with some luck going their way along with whatever talent they have. And to be honest, I'm not sure which is more dangerous: habitually good or habitually lucky?
What's the point differential do for you at the end of the year? Doesn't carry over to the playoffs. Doesn't help you in the playoffs. But since you claim they are lucky, name 5 lucky plays over the year.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Dec 2022 10:37
APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

What's the point differential do for you at the end of the year? Doesn't carry over to the playoffs. Doesn't help you in the playoffs. But since you claim they are lucky, name 5 lucky plays over the year.
Your team has nothing to apologize for. Fun season for you. I am curious which team you prefer to face in the first round?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Dec 2022 10:37
APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

See 2nd half against the hapless Matt Ryan led Colts for all 5.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

It's no secret that, most of the time, the healthiest teams tend to have the better records over the course of the season. With playoffs it's about not losing key players. Like losing Bak a couple of years ago. So to call a team lucky is not a slight. Every SB winner has been lucky to some degree.

Vikings have had some luck but they are also good. That's a winning combination. Hopefully for Raptor's sake they don't have a key injury these last 2 games so they can give it a good run in the playoffs.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:26
Raptorman wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:16
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 06:42

Raptor attempting to channel his reverse mojo jinxing on the Packers...
Not this game. The Packers are to fired up to make the playoffs. And I think my team will be down.

Just a gut feeling. It goes like this. The saints will beat the eagles opening the door for the bikes to take the one seed. And the bikes will screw the pooch by losing to the Packers. It’s the Vikings way.
You're laying it on pretty thick this time around.

Desperation mode came early this year... :mrgreen:
So, did I get anything wrong? Hell, I even got the Offensive scores correct. 27-17.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Jan 2023 01:08
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:26
Raptorman wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:16

Not this game. The Packers are to fired up to make the playoffs. And I think my team will be down.

Just a gut feeling. It goes like this. The saints will beat the eagles opening the door for the bikes to take the one seed. And the bikes will screw the pooch by losing to the Packers. It’s the Vikings way.
You're laying it on pretty thick this time around.

Desperation mode came early this year... :mrgreen:
So, did I get anything wrong? Hell, I even got the Offensive scores correct. 27-17.
Nope

My counter-mojo was clearly stronger… ;)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Switching over now to the Lions game analysis. Let's understand how we caused Cousins' sub 50 QB rating, and then both 1-2-3 REPLICATE and 1-2-3 DOMINATE. Just get in all of the Lions' heads and hit Goff hard early and often. Oh, and keep Jaire and Nixon all fired up and ready to Go Pack Go.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Finding it harder to want to replace Barry after this dominating defensive performance, playing more man up schemes was long over do, so was starting the game in base front, the Vikes where never able to establish a running attack, our defense stopped everything the Vikes tried to do.

We need to continue to play with a vengeance, and take no prisoners, so great to see Alex giving the razz to Jefferson, totally destroyed his afternoon, probably get a fine this week to, it doesn't get much better then that :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:06
Finding it harder to want to replace Barry after this dominating defensive performance, playing more man up schemes was long over do, so was starting the game in base front, the Vikes where never able to establish a running attack, our defense stopped everything the Vikes tried to do.

We need to continue to play with a vengeance, and take no prisoners, so great to see Alex giving the razz to Jefferson, totally destroyed his afternoon, probably get a fine this week to, it doesn't get much better then that :aok:
Yes. This scenario kind of reminds me of the Fritz Shurmur / Buddy Ryan all out take no prisoners warfare on the grass mentality (just grass at Lambeau ......... Buddy had to tolerate the plastic stuff at Soldier Field). Both won it all on the plastic stuff in The Big Easy.

If this doesn't get the Packers fired up .... In the meantime let's sit back and watch this week waiting for the next game, have a :cigar: and put on some Pink Floyd. Maybe some Red Breast 12 Year. Whatevah works.

Maybe Barry learned his lesson and will suddenly transform into a top notch Defensive Coordinator like Fritz and Buddy were. Stay tuned on that front.

:woohoo:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:17
Go Bears!! :dance:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:14
Yoop wrote:

Yes. This scenario kind of reminds me of the Fritz Shurmur / Buddy Ryan all out take no prisoners warfare on the grass mentality (just grass at Lambeau ......... Buddy had to tolerate the plastic stuff at Soldier Field). Both won it all on the plastic stuff in The Big Easy.

If this doesn't get the Packers fired up .... In the meantime let's sit back and watch this week waiting for the next game, have a :cigar: and put on some Pink Floyd. Maybe some Red Breast 12 Year. Whatevah works.

Maybe Barry learned his lesson and will suddenly transform into a top notch Defensive Coordinator like Fritz and Buddy were. Stay tuned on that front.

well this team has been to the dark side of the moon this season, Pink Floyd tunes seem aprapo :lol:

Been one game at a time most of the season for us, no reason to think to far ahead now, 32 years and no Red Breast for me, just a little Mary J to pass the dull moments, thanks :mrgreen:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:30
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

well this team has been to the dark side of the moon this season, Pink Floyd tunes seem aprapo :lol:

Been one game at a time most of the season for us, no reason to think to far ahead now, 32 years and no Red Breast for me, just a little Mary J to pass the dull moments, thanks :mrgreen:
There could be some Majik at the end of all of this. :aok:

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run, and you run (RUN TO DAYLIGHT) to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic (Majik) spells

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:47
Yoop wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

And you run, and you run (RUN TO DAYLIGHT) to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Home, home again
Vince Floyd :lombardi:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
02 Jan 2023 09:02
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:47
Yoop wrote:

Home, home again
Vince Floyd :lombardi:
Imposter

Who is this Vince Floyd fella? :lol: Roger Waters wrote the song Time early 70's, and probably most of the Dark side of the moon album :rotf:

or am I missing something?
Last edited by Yoop on 02 Jan 2023 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 06:48
Switching over now to the Lions game analysis. Let's understand how we caused Cousins' sub 50 QB rating, and then both 1-2-3 REPLICATE and 1-2-3 DOMINATE. Just get in all of the Lions' heads and hit Goff hard early and often. Oh, and keep Jaire and Nixon all fired up and ready to Go Pack Go.
Two lucky bounces that made for interceptions off of tipped passes. Count on that in Detroit.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:17
Now let's compare that list to the Super Bowl winners for those years.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Raptor, think of tipped passes whatever you want. Call it luck if you want. Whatever you want is fine. But take note that your Vikes have learned, as much as any other team, that “luck” usually goes the direction of the teams that are asserting themselves more. Better technique, higher motivation level and so forth usually result in more luck.

That’s been discussed about the Vikes this year than perhaps any other team. You shouldn’t worry about that because maybe their “luck” hasn’t run out yet. They have a load of skill guys and they might still make a run in the playoffs.

But yesterday the “luck” was all going to GB, just like it all went to Minny in week 1. And the more assertive team got most of the “luck” to go its way in both cases.

Peace man! Love you. Have a happy 2023!
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ya make your own luck, or the officials make it for you, fact is ya can run on Minny and we did, and if ya force them to pass and play with excellent coverage as we did, they are beatable, and we beat them, everything else is just colored bubbles :rotf: