Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
28 Dec 2022 12:05
BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 17:38
If this ends Dean Lowry’s career in GB.

Gotta be one of the quietest 7 year careers in GB.

I was always a fan and a supporter, met his dad at anduzzi’s a few years back. Always was hoping he’d be a bit more productive.
It was quiet because it was unremarkable in every sense. Unfortunately he got paid like a player that should stand out. Great guy with apparently a great dad. See ya Dean.
What would you call the pay we gave Clark? Lowry has played just about as well this season, when it comes to trench play It's not so easy to see who has done what, LOwry did well against thew run up till a few weeks back, without looking I bet he has 40 plus tackles, cripes Clark didn't even have a tackle against Miami, Wyatt got tossed around like a rag doll, both need to step it up this week, Reed can't do it all.

yep just as I thought, Lowry has 43 tackles, Clark and Reed have 48, Slaton 23, Wyatt 13, now minus Lowry the others need to bring there A game, I hope we see more base front.
Last edited by Yoop on 28 Dec 2022 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I was always a fan and a supporter, met his dad at anduzzi’s a few years back. Always was hoping he’d be a bit more productive.
It was quiet because it was unremarkable in every sense. Unfortunately he got paid like a player that should stand out. Great guy with apparently a great dad. See ya Dean.
Ya I don’t see having a quiet career on a DL that was underperforming most of his time here as a good thing either. Don’t care about his pops, although I wish him the best I suppose.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

More base front? Really? You think that Barry is gonna give you that? It’d be nice to think that we could live with holding either the pass game or their running game in check. Preferably both. Part of me wants to suggest that if we held Miami, we can do the same with Minny.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2022 13:07
Realist wrote:
BF004 wrote:

What would you call the pay we gave Clark? Lowry has played just about as well this season, when it comes to trench play It's not so easy to see who has done what, LOwry did well against thew run up till a few weeks back, without looking I bet he has 40 plus tackles, cripes Clark didn't even have a tackle against Miami, Wyatt got tossed around like a rag doll, both need to step it up this week, Reed can't do it all.

yep just as I thought, Lowry has 43 tackles, Clark and Reed have 48, Slaton 23, Wyatt 13, now minus Lowry the others need to bring there A game, I hope we see more base front.
This is such a silly, simpleton take.

Clark gets doubled pretty regularly. Lowry gets single blocked by backups. Teams run away from Clark. They target Lowry.

I mean, seriously. You’re gonna look at a simple stat line for tackles and assume they’re the same caliber player? By your measure, Dallas’s Micah Parsons delivers the same caliber play as New England’s Jahlani Tavai (exactly, who?) simply because their tackle numbers are relatively equal (62 and 60 respectively).

It’s a ridiculous take.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 19:21
Yoop wrote:
Realist wrote:

Clark gets doubled pretty regularly. Lowry gets single blocked by backups. Teams run away from Clark. They target Lowry.

I mean, seriously. You’re gonna look at a simple stat line for tackles and assume they’re the same caliber player? By your measure, Dallas’s Micah Parsons delivers the same caliber play as New England’s Jahlani Tavai (exactly, who?) simply because their tackle numbers are relatively equal (62 and 60 respectively).

It’s a ridiculous take.
simple till ya look at stats, Lowry isn't known as a pass rusher, but he gives us 40 plus tackles a season, and since we play mostly 20 fronts he obviously gets double teamed, Clark is the guy not playing up to his contract, sure he gets doubled, but 8 QB hits to Lowry's 5 and 5 more tackles, Reed has also been better then Clark, and at a 10th the cost, I looked at everything, and as I said Lowry till a few weeks back was having his normal season, people rag on Lowry mostly because of contract, till Reed arrived he's been our 2nd best run stopping DT, now he's expendable.

Wyatt is a pass rusher, he gets his ass handed to him so far against the run, 13 freaking tackles, he's going to have to do better then that, hope he does.

Parsons/Tavia, funny

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... b/2022.htm

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2022 21:44
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

It’s a ridiculous take.
simple till ya look at stats, Lowry isn't known as a pass rusher, but he gives us 40 plus tackles a season, and since we play mostly 20 fronts he obviously gets double teamed, Clark is the guy not playing up to his contract, sure he gets doubled, but 8 QB hits to Lowry's 5 and 5 more tackles, Reed has also been better then Clark, and at a 10th the cost, I looked at everything, and as I said Lowry till a few weeks back was having his normal season, people rag on Lowry mostly because of contract, till Reed arrived he's been our 2nd best run stopping DT, now he's expendable.

Wyatt is a pass rusher, he gets his ass handed to him so far against the run, 13 freaking tackles, he's going to have to do better then that, hope he does.

Parsons/Tavia, funny

So you’re gonna make a stand on this Lowry-is-equal-player-to-Clark take?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is the danger of a fan owned team. They make just absolutely terrible claims that players like Dean Lowry is somehow a bargain player. We just saw this with Billy Turder. Every fan on here argued with me saying he was a steal at his contract and then tests free agency and gets a boo boo 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal.

Dean Lowry is like Dunkin Donuts. Overpriced, dry, stale, trash, and tastes like a dirty booty hole. Trust me I would know.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Dean Lowry being a packer for 7 years is an indictment on the organization. It shows if you have a nice dad, say yes sir and no sir, and resemble a choir boy, the team will just keep you around because you won’t rock the boat.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Dec 2022 22:24
This is the danger of a fan owned team. They make just absolutely terrible claims that players like Dean Lowry is somehow a bargain player. We just saw this with Billy Turder. Every fan on here argued with me saying he was a steal at his contract and then tests free agency and gets a boo boo 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal.

Dean Lowry is like Dunkin Donuts. Overpriced, dry, stale, trash, and tastes like a dirty booty hole. Trust me I would know.
you know full well why we keep these average players, unless you have a better replacement what freaking option do you have, and calling the 2nd rated RT a slur is so new jersey of you, you slander every player that doesn't live up to your Madden mentality, Turner served a purpose the same as Lowry has, and you pay whatever it takes to keep them.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:00
Turner served a purpose the same as Lowry has, and you pay whatever it takes to keep them
No, actually, you don't.

You eventually find yourself in cap hell when you continually pay your marginally talented role players well above market value. Simple economics.

Oh, and [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention], you left a player off your overpaid list: Aaron Rodgers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 21:58
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

It’s a ridiculous take.

Parsons/Tavia, funny

it was a better for instance comparison then your stupid Parsons/Tavia comparison, last season Lowry had 40 plus tackles and 5 sacks, thats not the play of a jag

we brought in better players, so Lowry is expendable, till your able to do that then ya keep a Lowry, the same way ya keep a Turner, or any other player you'd like to up grade, but couldn't.

We play light fronts and wonder why we get run on, that problem is not unique to Lowry, both Reed and Clark aren't much better, Lowry is just the guy this forum focuses on to whine about

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:18
Yoop wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:00
Turner served a purpose the same as Lowry has, and you pay whatever it takes to keep them
No, actually, you don't.

You eventually find yourself in cap hell when you continually pay your marginally talented role players well above market value. Simple economics.

Oh, and @lupedafiasco, you left a player off your overpaid list: Aaron Rodgers.
TFB, and we'll probably bring Rodgers back, wont that soil your panty's

now according to you Rodgers is a marginally talented player.
Last edited by Yoop on 29 Dec 2022 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Parsons/Tavia, funny

it was a better for instance comparison then your stupid Parsons/Tavia comparison, last season Lowry had 40 plus tackles and 5 sacks, thats not the play of a jag
I only applied your player comparison criteria to another two players. Glad you have come to realize how "stupid" it is. :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:22
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

I only applied your player comparison criteria to another two players. Glad you have come to realize how "stupid" it is. :aok:
Lowry has played just about as well as Clark this year, and makes 1/3rd the money.

my point is every team has marginally over priced players on any given season, Lowry played up to his contract last year, and often players don't perform the same every season ( Clark) I used the two to show that both have played below expectation this season.
and the comparing of these two wasn't stupid, whats idiotic is that you and others couldn't bother to see the corrolation, we pay Clark 20 freaking mil. and he's barely out performed Lowry, yet no one is bitching about that, rather ya gang bang Lowry,now thats stupid. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:31
APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 06:22
Yoop wrote:

Lowry has played just about as well as Clark this year, and makes 1/3rd the money.

my point is every team has marginally over priced players on any given season, Lowry played up to his contract last year, and often players don't perform the same every season ( Clark) I used the two to show that both have played below expectation this season.
and the comparing of these two wasn't stupid, whats idiotic is that you and others couldn't bother to see the corrolation, we pay Clark 20 freaking mil. and he's barely out performed Lowry, yet no one is bitching about that, rather ya gang bang Lowry,now thats stupid. :aok:
I guess we'll see next summer how the Packers viewed the play of each of these two this season. The telltale sign will be when one is on the roster and the other is seeking to latch on with another team. Surely the bargain rate at which Lowry played and produced will give him the roster advantage over Clark. We'll put your analysis to the test then.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
Do you find it curious that Clark was named a Pro-Bowl alternate while Lowry was named....well, why don't you tell us all what accolades Lowry received.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/1 ... s-in-2022/

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 07:28
Yoop wrote:
Do you find it curious that Clark was named a Pro-Bowl alternate while Lowry was named....well, why don't you tell us all what accolades Lowry received.

yes, in a way I do, Clark didn't play as well as in years past, but he's still a top 10 DT, as this article points out, also shows the Love for Jeffry Simmons, who I liked in his draft class.

I expect with the addition and play of Reed and the drafting of Wyatt we wont retain Lowry, but that wasn't my point at all, which is that Lowry seems to get singled out for the reason we suck stopping the run, which imo isn't the main reason at all, we expect our DT's to defend to much space and up against double team blocking.
one of the reasons Clark struggles ( might be health or just minor ability decline this year as well) is the absence of Gary, he demanded some of the chip blocking that now focuses on Clark, we brought in Walker to improve coverage, still we play all these nickel fronts, the cure to our run stopping woes is more 30 fronts, we need more bulk on our DL.

Here or else where there's room for the Lowry caliber players, ya need rotators on DL, and he was paid like a starter because he was one, even if he had marginal ability, never quite understood all the angst with Lowry, we've surely had worse players that made more over the years.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best ... -nfl-2022/

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
29 Dec 2022 08:30
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

yes, in a way I do, Clark didn't play as well as in years past, but he's still a top 10 DT, as this article points out, also shows the Love for Jeffry Simmons, who I liked in his draft class.

I expect with the addition and play of Reed and the drafting of Wyatt we wont retain Lowry, but that wasn't my point at all, which is that Lowry seems to get singled out for the reason we suck stopping the run, which imo isn't the main reason at all, we expect our DT's to defend to much space and up against double team blocking.
one of the reasons Clark struggles ( might be health or just minor ability decline this year as well) is the absence of Gary, he demanded some of the chip blocking that now focuses on Clark, we brought in Walker to improve coverage, still we play all these nickel fronts, the cure to our run stopping woes is more 30 fronts, we need more bulk on our DL.

Here or else where there's room for the Lowry caliber players, ya need rotators on DL, and he was paid like a starter because he was one, even if he had marginal ability, never quite understood all the angst with Lowry, we've surely had worse players that made more over the years.

<sigh>

This is what you continually do in these conversations. This isn't at all what you were arguing initially. Let's review the actual argument:

You said Lowry has played on par with Clark and at 1/3 the cost. You made the argument Lowry was the equal player and better value on the roster.

Now you're completely rewriting your position because...well, who knows?

Side note: I don't give a rip about Jeffrey Simmons or what you thought of him in a draft long since past. It has no bearing on this discussion. It's deflection. While we're on the topic, Wyatt, Gary, Walker or Reed's additions to the schematic maneuvering within Barry's defense also have no bearing. It's word fodder in an attempt to change the parameters of your original argument.

Your argument has been Lowry was Clark's equal on the playing field this year. That is categorically and laughably false. Ask any opposing OC who schemes how they're going to attack this defense. They're not keying on Dean $%@# Lowry, I can assure you of that.

I won't bore the rest of the forum by continuing to chase you around whichever argument you switch to next. I believe the point has been made.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

You can't stop Lowry, you can only hope to contain the amount of game changing plays he makes.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
29 Dec 2022 10:58
Yoop wrote:
29 Dec 2022 08:30
APB wrote:

<sigh>

This is what you continually do in these conversations. This isn't at all what you were arguing initially. Let's review the actual argument:

You said Lowry has played on par with Clark and at 1/3 the cost. You made the argument Lowry was the equal player and better value on the roster.

Now you're completely rewriting your position because...well, who knows?

Side note: I don't give a rip about Jeffrey Simmons or what you thought of him in a draft long since past. It has no bearing on this discussion. It's deflection. While we're on the topic, Wyatt, Gary, Walker or Reed's additions to the schematic maneuvering within Barry's defense also have no bearing. It's word fodder in an attempt to change the parameters of your original argument.

Your argument has been Lowry was Clark's equal on the playing field this year. That is categorically and laughably false. Ask any opposing OC who schemes how they're going to attack this defense. They're not keying on Dean $%@# Lowry, I can assure you of that.

I won't bore the rest of the forum by continuing to chase you around whichever argument you switch to next. I believe the point has been made.
Sadly everyone will continue to chase Yoop with pointless arguments. I see no end in sight. If a post is more than a paragraph just skip it.