Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Jan 2023 11:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:33
Worst 5 12+ win teams in point differential:
image.png

Vikings are now at -19. They would need to beat the Bears by 51 to not be the worst 12+ win team in point differential. They would have to beat the Bears by 83 to not be the worst 13+ win team in point differential.
So? The Lions are currently +22 and fighting to get into the playoffs. Jacksonville is +50 fighting for a playoff spot. 3 of the Viking's losses account for 78 points.

And the Packers are at what? +3 fighting to get into the playoffs.

Tell me, what would you rather be -19 and in or +3 and fighting to get in?
Just information Raptor, just information. Don't shoot the messenger.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Per Field Yates, Keisean Nixon now has 7 straight games with at least 90 total kickoff return yards, the longest streak in the NFL since 2000.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
02 Jan 2023 11:22
Per Field Yates, Keisean Nixon now has 7 straight games with at least 90 total kickoff return yards, the longest streak in the NFL since 2000.
No doubt in my mind he’s the best return man since Hester and honestly the way it’s going he could possibly be better.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BSA wrote:
29 Dec 2022 14:37
So we basically have a "6 win" team playing on the road in January. I like our chances 8-)
All week long I told you about the weakness that is the 2022 vikings...and it was all on display yesterday.

Go Packers
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png

Vikings are now at -19. They would need to beat the Bears by 51 to not be the worst 12+ win team in point differential. They would have to beat the Bears by 83 to not be the worst 13+ win team in point differential.
So? The Lions are currently +22 and fighting to get into the playoffs. Jacksonville is +50 fighting for a playoff spot. 3 of the Viking's losses account for 78 points.

I'd rather be in the position where I control my own destiny. Detroit has to win and a Seattle win. Seattle needs to win along with Dallas winning plus SF and Philly losing. GB wins and they are in.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Just had to add somewhere that the crowd (even though it had a zillion purple jerseys which was disappointing), was one of the best crowds I have seen at Lambeau in a while. Energetic, loud, standing the whole time, excited. It is playoff football. Fans need to bring it like that every game. But man, celebrating was fun.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packfntk wrote:
02 Jan 2023 13:42
was one of the best crowds I have seen at Lambeau in a while
That had to be a fun one to enjoy at Lambeau ! :banana:
Bummer on all the purple losers in the crowd, but they got what they deserved.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
02 Jan 2023 13:42
Just had to add somewhere that the crowd (even though it had a zillion purple jerseys which was disappointing), was one of the best crowds I have seen at Lambeau in a while. Energetic, loud, standing the whole time, excited. It is playoff football. Fans need to bring it like that every game. But man, celebrating was fun.
Seriously. There were SO MANY purple jerseys. But you guys were SO LOUD.

Monday Night vs the Rams and Sunday vs the Vikes was just a different experience at Lambeau. You could tell on TV how loud it was. I don't know what is happening at Lambeau but I like it. I have been a large critic of boring Packers crowds but lately it has been anything but.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so many purple jersey's, lets see now two hr drive to viking land, :lol:

Packer fans travel to, we pack it in for Bears, Vikings, Lions, and we nearly out number Tampa and Miami fans, I'd bet we are the most roaming fans in the league.

My Nephew and his son where at the game, said the place was rocking, and as loud as they ever remember.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Bak69 just erased Z Smith from the stat sheet yesterday.
What a great game for David coming back from his appendectomy and taking on Z - who had 10 sacks and a bag full of QB hurries coming into this game. Z got nothing vs the Packers in pass pro.
IT. IS. TIME

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Pugger wrote:
01 Jan 2023 18:31
Captain_Ben wrote:
01 Jan 2023 18:25
Rodgers is talking this up wayyy to much. Stay low key Sir- keep us under the radar!
What did he say?
His post game interview on the field. I get it's exciting but he sounded too excited like we just won the NFCCG or something.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
02 Jan 2023 11:22
Keisean is the greatest thing since Travis "The Roadrunner" Williams (that I can recall anyway). He brings so much electricity to the frozen tundra. And he knows how to cut and fly by possible tacklers just like Travis did. If he breaks another one on Sunday the place will erupt into another wild frenzy again.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Look at this blocking!! Vince is proud.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 15:12
With how much Rodgers likes to chew out his teammates for not going off-script to capitalize on things that happen on-field, why should we not do the same to him? Rodgers could have, theoretically, noticed that the safety sold out and thought to check Watson on the other side.

I would not normally blame a QB for missing that, but those are the standards Rodgers demands, so he gets them. :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One quote by ST Coach Bisaccia says that Nixon told him before the game that he felt like a Ferrari!

Lol!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 02 Jan 2023 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png

Vikings have looked very good most of the season. Vike fans should be proud. They have a lot to be proud of where the franchise is headed. The stadium, the skoll chant, the team - its a great product.

Unfortumately for fans, the Vikings seem to be cooling off and the Packers seem to be getting hot. But there is still a bunch of football to play.

The only statistic that matters is number of superbowls won in 2022 season. That, of course, remains to be determined.
Last edited by AmishMafia on 02 Jan 2023 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 17:27

That last video! Show the Vikes one thing, then do another while executing it well. Good job!

Reminds me of what Holmgren used to do in short yardage. He’d spread out the OLine with four WRs split wide. The defense had no choice but to spread out too and honor the pass. Then, he’d send the RB through a well-blocked hole. Guaranteed to get a couple of yards for the first down or TD. I do wish MLF would pull that sometimes, as long as the OLine is executing well.

But Jones is an elite RB too. The guy sees and anticipates the hole so well. He’s already 4 yards down field before contact so often. Then he spins on contact and gets a couple of more yards to boot. I hope he stays healthy for a few more years, because he does not back down from contact. Sometimes he does the Jimmy Taylor thing and initiates contact!