Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

^Thx for the tweets

That Aaron Jones cut- up from Baldy is freaking spectacular ! What a blast for those guys clearing the way - and Baldy said it best:

"nuthin fancy, they just blocked their asses off and vikings couldn't do anything about it"
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

play action right, it's nit picky to say he should have stopped, reset, and thrown back all the way across the field.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

No one knows what you are referencing...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Starts making you question your coaching staff when they are hesitant replacing the worst returner in Packers history (and that says something) with the best returner in the NFL.

Like do they ever practice kick returns? How could they not see this sooner?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 18:11
No one knows what you are referencing...

Watson could have moon walked in, clip on previous page

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 07:25
Starts making you question your coaching staff when they are hesitant replacing the worst returner in Packers history (and that says something) with the best returner in the NFL.

They’re slow to react to everything in terms of personnel. There are plenty of examples over the years. I mean look at the Oline this year. They were beat up for sure but they had much better options than what they were running out there week after week.

Judging that they still get punts blocked I would bet they don’t spend that much time on it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 17:56
He had the big 3rd and 1 stuff at the goaline.

2 of maybe the 3 biggest plays from there D were basically all on him.

He should maybe be the real Here's Johnny winner if he was an option.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Jan 2023 07:49
go pak go wrote:

They’re slow to react to everything in terms of personnel. There are plenty of examples over the years. I mean look at the Oline this year. They were beat up for sure but they had much better options than what they were running out there week after week.

Judging that they still get punts blocked I would bet they don’t spend that much time on it.
It's their largest weakness. The defensive line has played lights out ever since Dean Lowry went out with injury. And it's because of the elite play of Slaton and Wyatt.

There is another position I am seeing this too. But if they won't pull 94 or 8....we certainly know they aren't pulling 12.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:34
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's their largest weakness. The defensive line has played lights out ever since Dean Lowry went out with injury. And it's because of the elite play of Slaton and Wyatt.

There is another position I am seeing this too. But if they won't pull 94 or 8....we certainly know they aren't pulling 12.
again I keep asking, but 23 is so intent on defending himself he wont bother to look it up ( I assume he's a paid up member to PFF) :lol: I been trying, what is our % of snaps using base 3-4 fronts, to me thats the biggest reason our DL has improved, specially stopping the run.

why anyone is convinced Love would out play Rodgers, he threw a couple passes in mop up and both where off target, both where rushed throws minus pressure to boot, there not pulling 12 because he is still the best option.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:48
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

again I keep asking, but 23 is so intent on defending himself he wont bother to look it up ( I assume he's a paid up member to PFF) :lol: I been trying, what is our % of snaps using base 3-4 fronts, to me thats the biggest reason our DL has improved, specially stopping the run.
What are you talking about and why are you dragging me into something that has nothing to do with me?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:55
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

What are you talking about and why are you dragging me into something that has nothing to do with me?
Because your the guy that usually brings this type info, did you see the smiley, your acting offended when actually it was a compliment, I brought it up in a other post because I noticed we seemed to play more base front.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Because your the guy that usually brings this type info, did you see the smiley, your acting offended when actually it was a compliment, I brought it up in a other post because I noticed we seemed to play more base front.
Bring what information? You haven't asked me for anything...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:04
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

yes I have, yesterday and again just now above.

what is our % of snaps using base 3-4

I was impressed with Barry realizing to better stop the run we need to establish superiority in the trenches, he started the game in a 30 front, I didn't pay attention of how much we did that after the goal line stand though and wonders how much we did it.

Detroit will try and get there run game going, hoping Barry continues a heavy front to stop that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:04
Yoop wrote:

yes I have, yesterday and again just now above.

what is our % of snaps using base 3-4

I was impressed with Barry realizing to better stop the run we need to establish superiority in the trenches, he started the game in a 30 front, I didn't pay attention of how much we did that after the goal line stand though and wonders how much we did it.

Detroit will try and get there run game going, hoping Barry continues a heavy front to stop that.
When did you ask me yesterday? Where did you ask me today? I see something in the Week 17 thread this morning buried in a comment that had NOTHING to do with this game. Maybe just flat out ask in the appropriate thread next time and have some patience...

Now, defensive personnel packages aren't something that is readily available information during the season, especially this soon in the week. To start out the game the Vikings came out in 21/12 personnel the first 2 plays which we appropriately responded to with base. The 3rd play they spread it out and we were either in Nickel or Dime. Then the next 3 plays were on the 1, so jumbo. The next 2 plays with 11 which we went Nickel and then empty to which we went Dime. The next series they started out with 12 and we were in 33 Nickel, then they went to 11 and we went to our traditional 24 Nickel., 3rd down they were empty and we were in dime. 4th down with the pick 6 they were in 11 personnel and we were in 24 nickel.

Given the first 4 drives, I would be hard pressed to say we were in base any more this game than we have been all year.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Not sure if this was posted before - but a couple of awesome plays by TJ Slaton vs the vikes on the goal line stand
TJ also got a hand on a Kirk pass, deflecting it just enough to allow the Amos INT

TJ was a 2021 5th rounder and is coming into his own at just the right moment

https://youtu.be/XEdjU9pVySc
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Early in the game, I was dissing MLF because I thought he was passing too much. But I think maybe I need to look at it differently. Maybe he’s really reading the D to take what is given in the first, getting a lead, and THEN doing more running. It’s almost inconsequential if there isn’t a run/pass balance early in the game, just as long as we can establish a lead and then run to wear down the D and use clock.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Attachments
8206F59E-1A84-4A1F-8BBE-85ACAE791A3F.png
8206F59E-1A84-4A1F-8BBE-85ACAE791A3F.png (4.07 MiB) Viewed 181 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:20
thing is prior to Jeffersons hat attack on the ref, Alexander shoved him in the back, so if they fine Jefferson which I expect they will do, they might ask for some molla from Alex too :lol: