2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
03 Jan 2023 17:43
Nobody in the NFC is scary. There are some good teams but nobody is great or dominant. I think Philly is the hardest match up. One at a time. Play fast and GB can hang with anyone. GPG
I agree.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
Nobody in the NFC is scary. There are some good teams but nobody is great or dominant. I think Philly is the hardest match up. One at a time. Play fast and GB can hang with anyone. GPG
I fully concur with your assessment :aok:

We're going for the #7 seed ........... and we're gonna try like hell to RUN THE TABLE on #12's back. First let's blow by the Lions and then get ready for watching some road games. So much anticipating another Nixon kickoff return on Sunday night under the lights ........... and winning the turnover battle. And leaving Lambeau Field victorious again.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We got retweeted by Ken Ingalls.

We're pretty much famous now. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2023 08:29
We got retweeted by Ken Ingalls.

We're pretty much famous now. :lol:

For what it's worth, I "liked" the tweet, too. Me and my three followers probably prompted Ken to get ahead of the rush...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Jan 2023 06:31
Backthepack4ever wrote:
I fully concur with your assessment :aok:

We're going for the #7 seed ........... and we're gonna try like hell to RUN THE TABLE on #12's back. First let's blow by the Lions and then get ready for watching some road games. So much anticipating another Nixon kickoff return on Sunday night under the lights ........... and winning the turnover battle. And leaving Lambeau Field victorious again.
Just like strong minded people I think good to great players are at there best when there backs are against the wall, in that sense this team is a reflection of that 2010 team. :aok: GO PACK GO

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Jan 2023 17:25
BSA wrote:
03 Jan 2023 17:16
Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:32
Not trying to be wet blanket here but is that really the only thing about a potential SF matchup that would concern you?
HaHa ! Fair question.
I just didn't have the energy to type em all up ! 8-)

However, the Packers are ascending at the right time and some portion of the 9ers fantastic defensive results are related to the stretch of poor QBs they've faced. They've done really well vs the 31st ranked schedule
Per Football Outsiders, the 9ers are # 1 defense in 2022 but would be the 4th worst # 1 defense since the year 2000.

The dysfunctional Raiders just gave em all they could handle in Stidham's 1st NFL start.

Would you be surprised to learn that 3 of the 4 losses for the 9ers this year came against the bears, broncos and falcons ?
That's just nuts for such a formidable opponent and suggests there are some exploitable chinks in their armor.
I am surprised to learn that about their losses. Must admit that I am more optimistic after having read your post. But still not optimistic, given our track record with them in the AR era. Remember the movie Major League with Charlie Sheen? There was that one hitter on the Yankees- big bad SOB that hit bombs off of Wild Thing every time he faced him. That guy is SF and we are Charlie Sheen. I think his name was Partman or something. "I want Partman." :lol:
he did lead the league in all major categories, including nose hair. I heard when that guy sneezed he looked like a party favor.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

:rotf: looking at media, thats all they do is talk about Rodgers, you guys are right, but when I come here it's the same thing, except in a different light, either way, Rodgers seems the focus of most conversations :rotf:

playing QB is imho 70% mental, it's a thinking mans position, what Rodgers has lost physically he's more then made up with because he rarely beats the GB Packers, true he'll have a errant pass, or even throw a couple picks, usually though he has the receiver help with those mis cues, seriously what about a 5 to 7 drop series of games that lasted for about 5 games early in the season can you blame Rodgers for? or the sieve of a OL that had him scramble after a 2 count for half the season.

IMO Rodgers isn't the main reason we need a win this week to make the PO's, all three phases of this team &%$@ the bed this season, we saw huge failures with teams play, defense and offense, thankfully we seem to have rid ourselves of what didn't work and are on the right track, now we just need to do what it takes to remain on it.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I absolutely love the idea of a team that can play solid defense, special teams and run the ball. this team can win without AR12's best for a change. If he gets on fire, this will be a very tough team to beat. Just beat the Lions! GPG!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 21:16
go pak go wrote: Funny to read through this thread now.
Absolutely is. A couple posters couldn’t help themselves chiming in and pissing on the conversation at every opportunity. Don’t they look silly now.
Looks like the couple posters were right
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 02:41
APB wrote:
Absolutely is. A couple posters couldn’t help themselves chiming in and pissing on the conversation at every opportunity. Don’t they look silly now.
:lol: :lol:

Right about what? That the Packers should've tanked at 4-8 because they had no shot at the playoffs? You weren't right, Nostradamus...

What a sorry ass attempt at "I-told-ya-so" mockery.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:
Really, this wasn't needed today.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

williewasgreat wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:17
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

It’s true 🤷🏽‍♂️
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

What's true? What were certain people right about that others were not?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The only thing I noticed rereading the thread was a few posters continually posting off topic or making posts not contributing to the thread topic.

Don’t really see anyone wrong anywhere. A few people said basically once a page we aren’t going to make the playoffs. They were right. Then a few people discussed the thread topic on playoff scenarios, which was continually misunderstood for expectation. They were right too when discussing playoff scenarios.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

It’s true 🤷🏽‍♂️
say what you mean, APB pointed out tanking for slot value, was that what you think is right? if so, then you are not right, this team has never done that, at least not that I'am aware of and certainly not with half the season to play, or even in the case of last night, that kind of talk was bound to get you arguments.

and should never be obvious to the average fan if a team ever even does it with a zero win record till the last couple games for a QB, top 10 picks only have a 60% or so hit rate, you gonna throw games for that, people that think this stuff happens are fools, do you think people would continue to go to games if they new the team was purposely tanking and trying to lose games?

Did Detroit do it?, or the Bears? etc. yes some teams have, and they continued to lose, and lose and lose.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Well, in hindsight we should have tanked the season like I suggested. But I can most definitely understand the Packers org to go for it. Once you are in the Playoffs you have a winning chance of at least 30% every game, even as an underdog, so the odds of a SB are 0.081% even for the worst playoff team, just below 1%, and a lot of us would gamble with such odds if the benefit would be as huge as the SB. And I mean we did come close to the Playoffs, did we? It's not that Detroit outplayed us methodically.

But I do not think this team could have done anything to the 49ers other than cementing their reputation as the official b*tch of the 49ers which we are since Kaepernick/Harbaugh.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

People who want to have any blame on why the Packers didn't tank need to blame Christian Watson.

He is the reason we beat the Bears which kept us alive.

As for me, I am glad we won those games because I feel a lot better going into the 2023 off season knowing we have a legitimate cheat code weapon at WR.

That is far more valuable than an extra 8 draft slots.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2023 11:54
I feel a lot better going into the 2023 off season knowing we have a legitimate cheat code weapon at WR.
Actually this might be a very legit thought also of Rodgers while contemplating about returning to the Packers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Jan 2023 13:35
go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2023 11:54
I feel a lot better going into the 2023 off season knowing we have a legitimate cheat code weapon at WR.
Actually this might be a very legit thought also of Rodgers while contemplating about returning to the Packers.
It is good for Rodgers but I don't see what good Rodgers provides to us at his age and salary. I can't recall any games, outside of Dallas, where I felt Rodgers was the largest reason we won the game. Most of Watson's plays can be done by any quarterback as they were either pitches or Watson was wide open.

Heck. Jordan Love benefited from CHEAT CODE on his only TD pass this year.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

How did Gutey, LaCoach and Rodgers trick me into thinking this team would run the table to both the playoffs and NFCCG? Disgusting season. $42M for whar?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Jan 2023 15:20, edited 1 time in total.