Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:44
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:20
thing is prior to Jeffersons hat attack on the ref, Alexander shoved him in the back, so if they fine Jefferson which I expect they will do, they might ask for some molla from Alex too :lol:
Just another uncalled penalty from the game. Like the hold on the first pass to Jefferson. How the hell you pull a jersey 2 feet out and don't get called for holding is beyond me.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:53
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:20
thing is prior to Jeffersons hat attack on the ref, Alexander shoved him in the back, so if they fine Jefferson which I expect they will do, they might ask for some molla from Alex too :lol:
Just another uncalled penalty from the game. Like the hold on the first pass to Jefferson. How the hell you pull a jersey 2 feet out and don't get called for holding is beyond me.
You said hold. That was clearly a pull.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Jan 2023 18:21
Early in the game, I was dissing MLF because I thought he was passing too much. But I think maybe I need to look at it differently. Maybe he’s really reading the D to take what is given in the first, getting a lead, and THEN doing more running.
Both Rodgers and MLF have made comments the last two weeks - that teams were daring them to pass early on. ( loading the box)
I was surprised by those comments, but maybe that offers us a hint.

I'll also say this: as much as Rodgers reads the defense and gets them to declare - some DC's now try to use that to their advantage.
"If we show this, AR will do that." And both Pettine and Mike Smith spent a lot of time with Rodgers in GB

If they can influence Rodgers with alignments and formation- it might help. Just "influencing Rodgers to choose the pass" means your DL doesn't have to play the run on the way to the QB. That's huge. Rodgers has tendencies too, just like the D he is deciphering
Chess is a helluva game and their are some serious chess players in the NFL. ( who have the full benefit of film + sound)

As far as run/ pass ratio - You can check out the play- by- play for every game if you scroll down in the box score below:
The Packers had 9 non-kneeling non-Nixon drives and threw 24 passes and had 33 runs total vs the over-matched vikes.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 010gnb.htm
IT. IS. TIME

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2023 21:29
Raptorman wrote:
03 Jan 2023 20:53
Yoop wrote:

You said hold. That was clearly a pull.
Yeah. The refs seem to be getting worse each year. Or is it just me? I've seen so many bad calls or non-calls, calls made in one game not made in another. You just don't know what to expect anymore.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Andy Herman's highest graded players on offense:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Elgton Jenkins

Andy Herman's higest graded players on defense:

1. TJ Slaton
2. Jaire Alexander
3. Rasul Douglas

The top players on both sides of the ball is REALLY good news. I thought Rodgers had a much, much better game than Miami (loved the TD run and some of the zingers to Lazard) but was surprised he was the highest rated player. That is awesome. We need more of it!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 07:43

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Elgton Jenkins

1. TJ Slaton
2. Jaire Alexander
3. Rasul Douglas

The top players on both sides of the ball is REALLY good news. I thought Rodgers had a much, much better game than Miami (loved the TD run and some of the zingers to Lazard) but was surprised he was the highest rated player. That is awesome. We need more of it!
B B But you said he needed to be replaced :rotf:

more and more after watching the near 180 turn around the last few games from the defense I'am convinced some players had a meeting with Barry and Lafleur and voiced there dis pleasure with Barry's idiotic zone schemes, unless someone says something we'll never know, but something surely took place during the bye week, I don't see Barry being the lone author of these changes.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2023 07:54
go pak go wrote:
B B But you said he needed to be replaced :rotf:

When Rodgers plays like a game manager and stays within scheme, i.e. plays like he should, then Rodgers is unquestionably the guy we want.

When Rodgers thinks it's 2012 like he's Prime Rodgers throwing to Jordy, Jones et. al. in McCarthy's scheme and bitches at his receivers for not perfectly reading his mind, then yes, Love becomes the better option because Love plays within scheme.

Rodgers has not consistently been one or the other, he can be either one at different times. The good news is he is playing more like the former than the latter of late, let's just hope he keeps it up. :)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Elgton Jenkins

1. TJ Slaton
2. Jaire Alexander
3. Rasul Douglas

That’s all great. But I’d like to see part of that translate into Doubs having a bigger stat line going forward too.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Jan 2023 10:58
go pak go wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Elgton Jenkins

1. TJ Slaton
2. Jaire Alexander
3. Rasul Douglas

That’s all great. But I’d like to see part of that translate into Doubs having a bigger stat line going forward too.
The offense overall had pretty low grades. No real standouts, but more importantly nobody had any real negative grades. It's just that everyone did their part. I actually think it was Robert Tonyan though who was #2 with his two large receptions. Doubs and Lazard were honorable mention.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 11:49
Scott4Pack wrote:
go pak go wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Elgton Jenkins

1. TJ Slaton
2. Jaire Alexander
3. Rasul Douglas

The offense overall had pretty low grades. No real standouts, but more importantly nobody had any real negative grades. It's just that everyone did their part. I actually think it was Robert Tonyan though who was #2 with his two large receptions. Doubs and Lazard were honorable mention.
Rodgers had a 90 plus rating, Jones had 111 yrds rushing with 3 plus 10 yrd runs, the ol blocked well,Dequara had some nice blocks, I could go on, so who had these low grades you claim of? I don't know who is telling you that this offense had low grades, but thats a load of crap, I don't know why you and some others here are so hell bent on being so critical of this team, you drive me nuts with that talk.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2023 11:57
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Rodgers had a 90 plus rating, Jones had 111 yrds rushing with 3 plus 10 yrd runs, the ol blocked well,Dequara had some nice blocks, I could go on, so who had these low grades you claim of? I don't know who is telling you that this offense had low grades, but thats a load of crap, I don't know why you and some others here are so hell bent on being so critical of this team, you drive me nuts with that talk.
Grades are grades, Yoop. Every play gets a value, and if the negative grades outnumber the positives, you're not doing too well overall.

Take Rodgers for example. He touched the ball on 56 snaps. He could throw 5 TDs and have a good QB rating, but if he got a negative grade on the other 51 snaps, he'd be graded at the bottom. That's highly unlikely to happen, but it's possible.

To your second point, we're critical because this team has a lot of flaws. For me the most annoying one is how it takes them weeks and weeks to see issues that this forum and others can easily identify. Like playing Lowry over Wyatt & Slaton! Or Amari Rodgers failing over and over but still being put out there!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Have a chill pill yoop.

The offense overall graded fantastic. They actually graded out better than the defense who created 4 turnovers.

The difference for the offense is there wasn't any standout grades (like you didn't have a Christian Watson blowout grade or Rodgers blowout grade etc.) to inflate the overall grade. Instead, everyone graded just slightly above neutral with nobody bringing the grades down. Samori Toure had the lowest grade at a -0.15 which again is basically neutral.

That is awesome! The offense played awesome and it's even more awesome because everyone did their 1/11th. Sunday is exactly what you want from a unit. I was surprised Aaron Jones didn't have a higher grade but my guess is it is because Mercedes Lewis and Elgton Jenkins had particularly high grades at positions who don't have as much opportunity to get high grades. Our blocking, especially run blocking, was phenomenal.

BTW...Elgton Jenkins is becoming a monster at LG again. He is stringing week after week of dominant play.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 12:56
Our blocking, especially run blocking, was phenomenal.

BTW...Elgton Jenkins is becoming a monster at LG again. He is stringing week after week of dominant play.
Great post above and you nailed it on the run blocking.
It took some time to assimilate new coaches, different players - but they're starting to gel and its a blast to watch

edited to add: PFF has The Mighty Green Bay Packers ranked... as their # 3 OL in the league
Last edited by BSA on 04 Jan 2023 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
04 Jan 2023 12:49
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Grades are grades, Yoop. Every play gets a value, and if the negative grades outnumber the positives, you're not doing too well overall.

Take Rodgers for example. He touched the ball on 56 snaps. He could throw 5 TDs and have a good QB rating, but if he got a negative grade on the other 51 snaps, he'd be graded at the bottom. That's highly unlikely to happen, but it's possible.

To your second point, we're critical because this team has a lot of flaws. For me the most annoying one is how it takes them weeks and weeks to see issues that this forum and others can easily identify. Like playing Lowry over Wyatt & Slaton! Or Amari Rodgers failing over and over but still being put out there!
ehhhhh, grades are given according to the eyes of the grading person, I see what I think are poor grades all the time, I've seen where PFF didn't give a pressure against our Ol man when he obviously gave one up more then once.

I was just as critical as you with team flaws, and as to playing Lowry or any player over another that is common, hardly unigue with us, coaches are stubborn people, if something has worked in the past they are slow to change and adjust, and we don't need to look far to see how true that is, Mike McCarthy out right refused to even care if we ever ran the ball, Capers would use the 3 safety nickel against anything a opposing offense did, same with Barry, I bet the players threatened bodily harm if he didn't allow press man coverage against Miami and now the Vikings.

and thats the point, imo this team has made some very necessary changes this last month, and we see it with the increased production, I don't see any reason why they would revert back to what didn't produce prior to that time, so again, I see no reason for skepticism, but to each there own I suppose, but I got the peddle to the meddle and ready to shift into overdrive :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
04 Jan 2023 14:23
go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 12:56
Our blocking, especially run blocking, was phenomenal.

Great post above and you nailed it on the run blocking.
It took some time to assimilate new coaches, different players - but they're starting to gel and its a blast to watch
Our offensive line from Week 1 - Week 10 compared to Week 11 - Week 18 has to be one of the greatest turnarounds a position group has ever done. It is truly remarkable this line is the same line that played the New York Jets earlier this year.
Yoop wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2023 14:25

and thats the point, imo this team has made some very necessary changes this last month, and we see it with the increased production, I don't see any reason why they would revert back to what didn't produce prior to that time, so again, I see no reason for skepticism, but to each there own I suppose, but I got the peddle to the meddle and ready to shift into overdrive :aok:
Friendly reminder: It's "pedal to the metal" unless you are planning to peddle some wares and meddle in affairs :aok:

Or maybe just go with "balls to the wall" or "balls out". Both mean going full throttle, too.
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 14:38
Our offensive line from Week 1 - Week 10 compared to Week 11 - Week 18 has to be one of the greatest turnarounds a position group has ever done. It is truly remarkable this line is the same line that played the New York Jets earlier this year.
Very true. Unfortunately also another example of this staff not seeing that a bench player (Tom) was better than the starter (Newman).
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
I didn’t read anything that you wrote as being harshly critical of anybody in the Packer org. “Pretty low grades” while admitting that “everyone did their part” is kind of a neutral and maybe even good comment. I’m just reading what you wrote there, not interpreting. Amazing how some read the words differently. But that’s life, I guess.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Jan 2023 15:32
go pak go wrote:
The offense overall graded high but individually everyone had pretty low grades. No real standouts, but more importantly nobody had any real negative grades. It's just that everyone did their part. I actually think it was Robert Tonyan though who was #2 with his two large receptions. Doubs and Lazard were honorable mention.
I didn’t read anything that you wrote as being harshly critical of anybody in the Packer org. “Pretty low grades” while admitting that “everyone did their part” is kind of a neutral and maybe even good comment. I’m just reading what you wrote there, not interpreting. Amazing how some read the words differently. But that’s life, I guess.
It's a glowing comment about the offense and yes I probably should have tweaked a few words to make less room for modified interpretation. Could have worded as such below.
The offense overall graded high but individually everyone had pretty low grades. No real standouts, but more importantly nobody had any real negative grades. It's just that everyone did their part. I actually think it was Robert Tonyan though who was #2 with his two large receptions. Doubs and Lazard were honorable mention.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2023 15:59
The offense overall graded high but individually everyone had pretty low grades.
horse &%$@, the whole line contradicts itself :thwap: Rodgers didn't have a low grade, nor did Jones, or Bahk and Jenkins, or Dequara or Tonyan, or Toms, as I said WHO is showing low grades :idn: