Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:lions: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, January 8th, 2023, 7:20 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -4.5
Over/Under: 49

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=18
Cris Collinsworth, Mike Tirico

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... ek-18-2022
The Green Bay Packers (8-8) face off against the Detroit Lions (8-8) this Sunday, marking the fourth time in the last five seasons that the teams have squared off in the regular-season finale.

Including a 1994 playoff victory, the Packers are 28-3 against the Lions in the state of Wisconsin since 1992.
Green Bay scored 42 points in the meeting at Lambeau in 2020, the most it had scored at home against the Lions since posting 45 in 2011. The Packers followed it up with scoring 35 in an 18-point victory last season at home.
It is the third time in the last four seasons that the Packers and Lions will meet in a prime-time contest (all three at Lambeau).
The Packers are closing out the regular season at home for the first time since 2018 when they faced the Lions.
The Packers are ending the regular season with back-to-back NFC North games for the fifth time in the last seven seasons.
It is the first time ever that Green Bay is playing two regular-season home games in January.
Green Bay has 790 regular-season victories, the most in the history of the NFL.
Weather
image.png
image.png (448.23 KiB) Viewed 808 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Lions 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Jan 2023 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I wonder if Aaron should be more worried about on the field stuff instead of the fans...?
8-)

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

“There was a lot of purple in the stands. They weren’t very loud as the game went on, but there was a lot of purple. Maybe there will be less blue this week.”
I'm glad the game script went as it did to keep the Viking fans subdued. It could have been really ugly if the purple fans started woofing.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I only want the D to continue to play at a high level and the running game to control the game and clock. That’s all. Oh yeah, maybe one or two deep TDs to Watson and another return by Nixon. But that’s all. Really! Except for a trick play by the Packers that totally catches the Lions off guard. But that’s all really. Oh yeah, a WIN as well!

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This seems to bode well…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Here's some Lions stats to know about / think about from https://www.detroitlions.com/team/stats/ :

Jared Goff: 4214 Passing Yards, 7 interceptions, 100.1 QB Rating
Jamaal Williams: 994 Rushing Yards
D'Andre Swift: 517 Rushing Yards
Amon-Ra St. Brown: 1112 Receiving Yards
Kalif Raymond: 550 Receiving Yards
DJ Clark: 488 Receiving Yards
James Houston: 8 sacks
Aiden Hutchinson: 7.5 sacks
John Cominsky: 4 sacks
Aiden Hutchinson: 3 interceptions
Kerby Joseph: 3 interceptions

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pete Dougherty wrote this in his chat:

I'm wondering the same thing. I mean, we can find reasons why the Packers have won each week recently -- the Bears and Rams are bad, Tua was concussed the whole second half, and the Vikings are fading. But the fact is the Packers won the games. The Lions are tough, they're an extension of their coach, and Goff is playing pretty decent football. At this point they might be the best of the five teams in this stretch, though Minnesota does have an explosive offense. You mention the turnovers, I do wonder about that. Getting turnovers is great and wins games, but there probably will come a point either this week or, if they win, the playoffs, where they'll play a team that takes care of the ball. So the question is, can they win in those circumstances? Because you can't bank on getting all those turnovers every week, or at least I don't think you can. Who knows, when you're rolling maybe you can.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The Packers D must pressure Goff and control the running game. If not, then figure out how to win in a shootout. Just figure out how to win this game.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Bogey wrote:
04 Jan 2023 18:28
“There was a lot of purple in the stands. They weren’t very loud as the game went on, but there was a lot of purple. Maybe there will be less blue this week.”
I think that's the globo age (internet, affortable flights). When I was to the Dallas game I saw plenty of Cowboys uniforms - in the stadium and the day before in the Atrium running thru the museum. I myself bought the tickets thru some trader (vividseats) and could have been easily a Cowboys fan, those institutions do not care. Maybe for Playoff games I'd do something about it if I was the Packers...but I doubt they care either, eventually this game is played to make money.

It's kind of annoying though and I envy those elder Pack fans of the old times that had near 100% Packers fans around them.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

German_Panzer wrote:
04 Jan 2023 21:18
Bogey wrote:
04 Jan 2023 18:28
I think that's the globo age (internet, affortable flights). When I was to the Dallas game I saw plenty of Cowboys uniforms - in the stadium and the day before in the Atrium running thru the museum. I myself bought the tickets thru some trader (vividseats) and could have been easily a Cowboys fan, those institutions do not care. Maybe for Playoff games I'd do something about it if I was the Packers...but I doubt they care either, eventually this game is played to make money.

It's kind of annoying though and I envy those elder Pack fans of the old times that had near 100% Packers fans around them.
I sit in seat #11. And I have a rule. The rule is if the person sitting in front of me in seat #11 is wearing opposing team colors, the first requirement is they buy me a beer. If they don't buy me a beer they're in for a rough day. It they do, then I'll buy 'em one back. Heck at the Dallas game in the 4th quarter when the Packers had the game under control I had a Dallas fan come down from 3 rows up and 6 seats over to get a hug. Helped stop the Packers fans from staying ornery due to their presence in my Section during the previous 3 quarters. Not all people are cool and properly spirted though which can make it tough/contentious. I agree.........its annoying.

For the Seattle playoff game a couple of years ago there was a Seattle fan in our section who........every time Seattle made a play.........would bellow out "That's what I'm talkin' about". This went on and on and on. Finally near the end of the game when the game was finally under control for the Packers we orchestrated a serenade back to the guy "That's what I'm talkin' about". He was not pleased ........ :aok:

For this upcoming Lions game I doubt there will be issues in my Section .......... hopefully no issues anyway. We'll call the usher if necessary.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2023 20:51
Are we going to meet up before the game somewhere? I should be in Green Bay by NOON at the latest.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Jan 2023 04:38

I sit in seat #11. And I have a rule. The rule is if the person sitting in front of me in seat #11 is wearing opposing team colors, the first requirement is they buy me a beer. If they don't buy me a beer they're in for a rough day. It they do, then I'll buy 'em one back.
That‘s the spirit. :lol: This one game vs. Dallas I had good luck and bad luck: I was is section 334 and surrounded by Dallas fans (bad luck), but they turned out to be friendly and it was fun anyone cheered for their team. But when the game went on to be critical (OT) I had to go somewhere else where I really was with Packers fans and could let it all out. Glad the usher did let us stand in an entrance.

But I gotta give you US guys credit how well you get along with opposing fans generally. You do that in Europe in soccer and you get riots, you do it in South America in soccer and you literally get a 50/50 chance of being killed.

But as you said, there wont be too many Lions fans showing up. Detroit is a poor(er) area. 8-)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2023 17:28
[mention]Pckfn23[/mention]

Do you make these banners yourself?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
05 Jan 2023 11:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2023 17:28
@Pckfn23

Do you make these banners yourself?
Oh no. I think USA Today does, but I can only find them every so often.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from the Dope Sheet

Packers vs Lions:

Regular season, all-time: 103-74-7
All-time, postseason: 2-0
All-time, at home (regular season): 61-27-4 (35-13-3 at Lambeau Field)
Streaks: Green Bay has won three straight vs. Detroit at home.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Jan 2023 04:48
BF004 wrote:
Are we going to meet up before the game somewhere? I should be in Green Bay by NOON at the latest.
Always easier said than done, but I'd like to give it a try, absolutely. :beer2:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

MLF was asked what he would do if the Lions kick away from Nixon. His response was something to the effect of “throwing the ball back to him [Nixon].” When the reporter repeated, “But seriously, what would you do?” LaFleur’s response was, “Throw it back to him.”

I’m loving that! Very savvy reply by MLF.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2023 12:41
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Jan 2023 04:48
BF004 wrote:
Always easier said than done, but I'd like to give it a try, absolutely. :beer2:
I may try to hang out at Buffalo Wild Wings this time. Either there or Badger State.