What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

:?

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 11:29
also when you see a errant pass, say at a receivers foot, or to far to one side or another, or even over a receivers head, have you ever considered that mid release the QB saw a defender homing in or something else he didn't like and that is partially responsible for the errant throw?

I suppose not, that way it would be harder to complain about the QB
Like how you brought up WRs in this conversation, which had nothing to do with WR, and proceeded to complain about them?

You don't get to make this (in red) accusation. :nono:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 10:52
go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2023 09:21
TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Jan 2023 06:35

Yes, if there are 5-7 passes dropped per game and it is all the receivers that are dropping them, it probably IS the QB's fault. Say QB #1 throws 20 catchable passes in a game. 14 are good passes and 6 are not. Of the not so good passes, half (3) are dropped. Those are not the QB's fault, nor are they the receiver's fault, that is simply the nature of the game played by human beings. But QB#2 throws the same 20 "catchable" passes but only 8 are good passes that hit the receiver in stride and are not too high or too low or get the receiver a concussion a half second after the ball arrives. Of those 12 not-so-good passes, half will also be dropped but in the case of QB#2, that is 6 dropped passes, not 2. Some of us are watching football played by human beings, are you sure you are not watching Madden? Because I remember seeing Rodgers throwing behind his receiver, throwing at knee height or making the receiver jump with perfect timing. I remember a boat load of not very good passes from Rodgers this season.
Great post. The whole 5 to 7 passes dropped thing is such a made up number to push a narrative. If our players were truly dropping 7 a game...the whole world would know about it.

I know there is some room to expect a WR to catch balls beyond the "dropped" stat but it's nowhere near 5 to 7 drops per game. No NFL team would ever approach that.

Right now the worst team in the league in terms of drops is Tampa Bay. The fewest is Atlanta.

Tampa Bay - 1.8 drops per game
Atlanta - 0.56 drops per game
drops decide the outcome of games, drops stall drives, we had a recorded 7 dropped passes in the 2020 PO loss.
Looks like the Packers had 2 drops and the Bucs had 4 drops.
image.png
image.png (101.41 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 11:14

do you think our coaches go off those idiotic stats to grade our receivers? I would hope to hell they don't.
If given the option of "those idiotic stats" or yoop's made up narrative or reality...

I guarantee I know which ones they will go off of. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2023 17:02
Yoop wrote:

do you think our coaches go off those idiotic stats to grade our receivers? I would hope to hell they don't.
If given the option of "those idiotic stats" or yoop's made up narrative or reality...

made up narrative, the only thing made up here is your mind, lock step with the silliness of thinking only perfectly thrown footballs constitute a drop, because thats all the graders recognize, and you refuse to broaden your mind and accept the reason why they're so polarized

to be uniform with assigning stats, they probably stick to perfect passes hitting receivers right in the hands, and a fail to make the catch as a drop, but we see passes often that should be caught that aren't, if you and others here don't want to go by what you see and only go by these narrow parameters, fine, but I wont, and I wont allow the homerism click of you and a few others in this forum to change my mind either, that deep pass that Watson didn't catch last week hit him right in the hands, tough catch? sure, but it was a catchable pass.

problem with you guys is that your so concerned with laying blame on Rodgers, you'll over look almost all other problems this offense dealt with this year, to blame him for the majority of our Passing offensive problems.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So by your estimation the Packers should have 80 to 112 drops, not 28??

Let's start with the last 4 games, can you please tell us what plays those 20 to 28 drops happened on?

Just to be clear, this post is not saying our players do not drop footballs. This post is not saying anything about Aaron Rodgers. This post is not saying a drop is only a perfectly thrown ball not caught.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 17:58
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

made up narrative, the only thing made up here is your mind, lock step with the silliness of thinking only perfectly thrown footballs constitute a drop, because thats all the graders recognize, and you refuse to broaden your mind and accept the reason why they're so polarized

to be uniform with assigning stats, they probably stick to perfect passes hitting receivers right in the hands, and a fail to make the catch as a drop, but we see passes often that should be caught that aren't, if you and others here don't want to go by what you see and only go by these narrow parameters, fine, but I wont, and I wont allow the homerism click of you and a few others in this forum to change my mind either, that deep pass that Watson didn't catch last week hit him right in the hands, tough catch? sure, but it was a catchable pass.

problem with you guys is that your so concerned with laying blame on Rodgers, you'll over look almost all other problems this offense dealt with this year, to blame him for the majority of our Passing offensive problems.
The problem with your theory is if the Packers had only 2 drops by the "perfect drop stat" but 7 drops by the "yoop model"...wouldn't the Bucs likely then be 4 drops per the "perfect drop stat" and then like 12 drops by the "yoop model"?

If you're going to exaggerate the Packers WRs drops, you have to accept the rest of the league does this as well.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2023 18:22
Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 17:58
go pak go wrote:

The problem with your theory is if the Packers had only 2 drops by the "perfect drop stat" but 7 drops by the "yoop model"...wouldn't the Bucs likely then be 4 drops per the "perfect drop stat" and then like 12 drops by the "yoop model"?

If you're going to exaggerate the Packers WRs drops, you have to accept the rest of the league does this as well.
if you and 23 remember I said the first half of the season we saw that higher drop rate, that has improved the last half of the season.

no I don't have to accept what other teams do, I don't pay attention to other teams, we all saw receivers drop catchable passes, you both remarked about them when they happened, now you want to act like you have amnesia. lis, we had what I consider drops against the Vikings, again you'll over look the drops and blame Rodgers for a errant throw with almost any incompletion.

and you can bet your ass GPG, the coaches and Guty hardly even pay attention to that recorded stat data from NBC, if a pass is catchable and the receiver doesn't catch it he gets the demerit, not Rodgers,.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2023 19:06
if you and 23 remember I said the first half of the season we saw that higher drop rate, that has improved the last half of the season.
It was never a drop rate of 5 to 7.

In the first half the most drops in a game were 6 against the Jets, 5 against the Comanders, and it was not more than 2 in any of the other games.
and you can bet your ass GPG, the coaches and Guty hardly even pay attention to that recorded stat data from NBC
They don't, but they definitely don't pay attention to the yoop brand narrative driven stat.
if a pass is catchable and the receiver doesn't catch it he gets the demerit, not Rodgers,.
Has anyone EVER said anything different?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I feel like we really need a turnover here. The more we don’t have momentum, the more that the Lions will have it. So we need to break that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’ve been saying it for years in my mocks the Packers needed to have a 2 year plan. Take one year to clear their bad contacts like Crosby, Lewis, Lowry, King, etc, et-$%@#-cetera. It’s too late now. Trade Rodgers. Cut Rodgers it doesn’t matter. Tell Gutenbumst he’s a $%@# retard for his 2020 class. Tell LaFleur to take his dad boy bitch personality somewhere else. Get rid of bummy butt Barry. This whole coaching staff is stupid.

Time to move in to the next era.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I really thought that Rodgers would’ve done better tonight. But he wasn’t the main issue with our offense tonight. His issue was, I think, that he was let down by his receivers. The running game should’ve done better. But it would’ve been enough if they ever really got the consistency in passing. That has been the main issue the past two years or so, if you ask me. So it continues.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Shoutout Peter Bukowski on Pocked on Packers. I can’t stand the guy but he nailed it today. Move on from Rodgers and see what you got in Lafluer because this season was damning for him. I’ve questioned him for 3 years now but this season the whole team was uninspired and undisciplined besides a small sample. His personable decisions have always been horrible as well as his coaching decisions.

Just reset. It will be painful but the sooner we move in from Rodgers the sooner we can realize LaFleur is a wet blanket coach and then the sooner we can realize Gutenbumst has no plan as a GM and then the sooner we can realize Murphy is actually not a football guy.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Jan 2023 00:30
Shoutout Peter Bukowski on Pocked on Packers. I can’t stand the guy but he nailed it today. Move on from Rodgers and see what you got in Lafluer because this season was damning for him. I’ve questioned him for 3 years now but this season the whole team was uninspired and undisciplined besides a small sample. His personable decisions have always been horrible as well as his coaching decisions.

Just reset. It will be painful but the sooner we move in from Rodgers the sooner we can realize LaFleur is a wet blanket coach and then the sooner we can realize Gutenbumst has no plan as a GM and then the sooner we can realize Murphy is actually not a football guy.
Lafleur and gute will still be scared of life without Rodgers. They know what he does for their wallets. They’ll beg him back like usual
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2023 19:28
Yoop wrote:

In the first half the most drops in a game were 6 against the Jets, 5 against the Comanders, and it was not more than 2 in any of the other games.
and you can bet your ass GPG, the coaches and Guty hardly even pay attention to that recorded stat data from NBC
They don't, but they definitely don't pay attention to the yoop brand narrative driven stat.
if a pass is catchable and the receiver doesn't catch it he gets the demerit, not Rodgers,.
we had about 5 drops a game for about 6 games, hell we had at least 5 last night, just keep defending these receivers and OL ( which is the real culprit for last nights loss) you continue to bring deceiving stats to support and defend both, and there the biggest reason we lose.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 06:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

we had about 5 drops a game for about 6 games, hell we had at least 5 last night, just keep defending these receivers and OL ( which is the real culprit for last nights loss) you continue to bring deceiving stats to support and defend both, and there the biggest reason we lose.
No. There were not 5 drops for 6 games, that is a fabrication. There were at most 3 drops last night. Lizard, Dillon, and Doubs(maybe).

There is no defending of anyone or anything, there is simply stating facts instead of a made up agenda driven fantasy.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 06:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

5 drops? Why stop there? Since we are making up numbers may as well make it interesting. I bet there was 18 drops but I won't go back and look.

FYI, there were 3 drops. Lazard, Dillon and Doubs down the sideline. Unless of course you're counting the Kerby Joseph drops? In that case then yeah we are getting closer to your 5 drops. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

*edit* can't read derp
Last edited by Labrev on 09 Jan 2023 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Goff > Rodgers at this point.

And I don’t even think that Rodgers played all that bad against the Lions last night. Just not good enough to win.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers wasn't bad in the first half. There were two drops by WRs, so the stats suffered, but Rodgers played fine individually.

Second half he was straight garbo NFCCG Rodgers, which seems to come a week or two earlier every year since 2021.
—Magneto