What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interesting, no mention of perfect pass in there anywhere!

This is my favorite!
Basically, we're talking about blatant drops, not the ones where your old man leans over and says anything that grazed the receiver anywhere was a drop in his day.
Fits to a T!

Hey! Look!
image.png
image.png (43.61 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 10:58
Interesting, no mention of perfect pass in there anywhere!

This is my favorite!
Basically, we're talking about blatant drops, not the ones where your old man leans over and says anything that grazed the receiver anywhere was a drop in his day.
Fits to a T!

Hey! Look!
image.png
thats just more goobly gop, you call me a liar, and bring BS like that

we had 27 dropped passes this season, tied for 2nd most in the league.

bringing idiotic pics highlights just how rude you are, being delusional about drooped passes I guess wasn't enough

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jan 2023 11:17

thats just more BS, you call me a liar, and bring BS like that

What's more BS? I called you a liar? What BS did I bring?

Pro Football Reference calculates 36 drops on the season, or 2.1 per game.

What am I delusional about when it comes to dropped passes? That I said your 5 to 7 dropped passes a game is wrong? That's not delusional, that's just plain reality. 5 to 7 dropped passes a game is 85 to 119 dropped passes on a season. Even the low end of that is more than double the actual number.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 11:34
Yoop wrote:

What am I delusional about when it comes to dropped passes? That I said your 5 to 7 dropped passes a game is wrong? That's not delusional, that's just plain reality.
early season we had wrong routes run and bunch of dropped passes that where catchable, you act as though I made it up, and recorded drops don't include passes that we would hope receivers would catch like the slant to Doubs at knee level that he got both hands on but didn't make the grab, and a lot of the drops ended drives, you've been so focused on blaming Rodgers.
you over look the receiver mis cues, rather then be truthful about the dropped catchable passes, you revert to the narrow margin for drops calculated by the stats tabulators who have to be more subjective for accuracy.
this is why others say it's frustrating to convo with you, it's why I foe you, who needs these back and forths of you acting dumbfounded and neglecting common sense opinion and reverting to what you've done concerning dropped passes, it's disingenuous to think we only drop 1.7 catchable passes a game.
just as it is to say there where no pressures given up when our lineman are pushed right back and Rodgers is forced out of the pocket, while right for tabulation and recording we both know better, you though have to act stupid for the sake of having a argument, your a waste of my time.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

This post sponsored by Stickum™

Brought to you by the fine folks at Mueller Sports Medicine

Endorsed by Rashid "Hot Hands" Hanon!

Stickum: Go ahead, the refs won't know!

Disclaimer: Do not attempt to use during urination. Do not attempt to pick your nose. Not for use when delivering babies. This product is not approved for use as a hair cream. Do not apply to your cat. The makers of Stickum disavow any liability if you get stuck to a moving vehicle. Do not attempt to throw grenades while using this product.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jan 2023 12:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

What am I delusional about when it comes to dropped passes? That I said your 5 to 7 dropped passes a game is wrong? That's not delusional, that's just plain reality.
early season we had wrong routes run and bunch of dropped passes that where catchable, you act as though I made it up, and recorded drops don't include passes that we would hope receivers would catch like the slant to Doubs at knee level that he got both hands on but didn't make the grab, and a lot of the drops ended drives, you've been so focused on blaming Rodgers.
you over look the receiver mis cues, rather then be truthful about the dropped catchable passes, you revert to the narrow margin for drops calculated by the stats tabulators who have to be more subjective for accuracy.
this is why others say it's frustrating to convo with you, it's why I foe you, who needs these back and forths of you acting dumbfounded and neglecting common sense opinion and reverting to what you've done concerning dropped passes, it's disingenuous to think we only drop 1.7 catchable passes a game.
just as it is to say there where no pressures given up when our lineman are pushed right back and Rodgers is forced out of the pocket, while right for tabulation and recording we both know better, you though have to act stupid for the sake of having a argument, your a waste of my time.
My lord you just vomit up the same old crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You don't even bother to read/look at what is posted. If you have you would see that Doubs was credited with 2 drops. You also would see our drop rate was 2.1 a game. This is reality, not yoop reality that says 5 to 7 drops a game.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 12 Jan 2023 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 13:07
Yoop wrote:
12 Jan 2023 12:14
Pckfn23 wrote:

My lord you just vomit up the same old crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You don't even both to read/look at what is posted. If you have you would see that Doubs was credited with 2 drops. You always would see our drop rate was 2.1 a game. This is reality, not yoop reality that says 5 to 7 drops a game.
did you see 2.1 catchable pass our receivers didn't catch? if you say yes, your probably the only fan that did, and that is what I was referring to, not the ones with narrow specifics espn and others use, and you know this, again just keep acting like a dummy.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sorry, I don't subscribe to yoop reality. Thanks for calling.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 12 Jan 2023 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 13:45
Sorry, I don't subscribe to yoop reality. Thanks for call.
thats cause it's more important to you to be a jerk, then being a polite person, a issue I'am sure most of the people you deal with on a daily basis would attest to.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

After further review I'd say put him out to pasture with the Raiders. Not sure if they'd let him wear #12 though.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

All that remains is for Rodgers to retire, then unretire and be traded to the jets.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Projected Aaron Rodgers 2023 Team Odds

https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/aaron-rod ... -team-odds
Green Bay Packers +200
San Francisco 49ers +450
Las Vegas Raiders +575
Retirement +650
The Field +800
Tennessee Titans +1200
New York Jets +1200
Seattle Seahawks +1250
Indianapolis Colts +1500
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Raiders would be hilarious.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tennessee makes a lot of sense.

Near his mansion, Vrabel a coach I'm sure he could respect, a few solid receiving options in Woods, ascending Burks, Hooper who's more WR than TE, and ofc Henry at RB, nice defense, and (not insignificantly) very weak division; you're really only competing with JAX because the other two teams are absolute dumpster fires.

No QB they have to play soon (Willis is not ready, he and any QB they draft can sit and learn), whereas SanFran invested too much in Lance not to play him and Brock Purdy can apparently hold the fort. TN weather is probably more manageable for an aging QB than NYJ, which is also an otherwise great fit.
—Magneto

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Rodgers will be back bc both - Rodgers and LaCoach/Gute - will think along the lines: the team looks decent overall, some minor holes, but fixable thru a good draft and 1/2 FA‘s along with further development of this year‘s draft class, plus Watson has star potential and Love can still sit another year like Rodgers did back then. Rodgers will not walk away from a monster contract and such an ending when he can hope for better times with Watson rising. LaFleur is a softie that would need to be drugged to be ruthless enough to tell #12 he is no longer wanted. I am confident Rodgers is back. But I would wish he‘d be smart enough to give up some part of his contract to make us more flexible again. Didnt Brady do such a thing?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

German_Panzer wrote:
12 Jan 2023 22:48
Rodgers will be back bc both - Rodgers and LaCoach/Gute - will think along the lines: the team looks decent overall, some minor holes, but fixable thru a good draft and 1/2 FA‘s along with further development of this year‘s draft class, plus Watson has star potential and Love can still sit another year like Rodgers did back then. Rodgers will not walk away from a monster contract and such an ending when he can hope for better times with Watson rising. LaFleur is a softie that would need to be drugged to be ruthless enough to tell #12 he is no longer wanted. I am confident Rodgers is back.
This is what I'm most afraid will happen, and I could totally see it, sans Love sitting another year, which would be great but I don't see that happening. Rodgers had to sit for three seasons. If Love sat another, it would be his fourth. He's got to play next season, with us or not. So, the scenario gets even worse.

I am worried they will default to Classy Organization[TM], and a "just a few players away"-mentality.

That said, I feel like Sunday's loss was pretty discrediting, and if I felt it best to move on from Rodgers, I'd say all the same things that MLF/Gute are saying too.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
13 Jan 2023 09:15
German_Panzer wrote:
Rodgers will be back bc both - Rodgers and LaCoach/Gute - will think along the lines: the team looks decent overall, some minor holes, but fixable thru a good draft and 1/2 FA‘s along with further development of this year‘s draft class, plus Watson has star potential and Love can still sit another year like Rodgers did back then. Rodgers will not walk away from a monster contract and such an ending when he can hope for better times with Watson rising. LaFleur is a softie that would need to be drugged to be ruthless enough to tell #12 he is no longer wanted. I am confident Rodgers is back.
This is what I'm most afraid will happen, and I could totally see it, sans Love sitting another year, which would be great but I don't see that happening. Rodgers had to sit for three seasons. If Love sat another, it would be his fourth. He's got to play next season, with us or not. So, the scenario gets even worse.

I am worried they will default to Classy Organization[TM], and a "just a few players away"-mentality.

That said, I feel like Sunday's loss was pretty discrediting, and if I felt it best to move on from Rodgers, I'd say all the same things that MLF/Gute are saying too.
Yup. We will be the team that I make fun of other teams when management is "delusional"

People bring up the 80s a lot here. Trying to patch it together another year commits $100 million of cap to one player at minimum (just a question when it is recognized) and shoes away our young 1st round pick after 3 years of development. That's how you lost 3 - 5 years of actual hope.

I would scream so loud on how dumb Brian Gutekunst and Matt LeFluer are if they do this. I would be right along lupe calling him Guteybumsauce.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2023 09:24
Labrev wrote:
13 Jan 2023 09:15
German_Panzer wrote:

Yup. We will be the team that I make fun of other teams when management is "delusional"

People bring up the 80s a lot here. Trying to patch it together another year commits $100 million of cap to one player at minimum (just a question when it is recognized) and shoes away our young 1st round pick after 3 years of development. That's how you lost 3 - 5 years of actual hope.

I would scream so loud on how dumb Brian Gutekunst and Matt LeFluer are if they do this. I would be right along lupe calling him Guteybumsauce.
They tried to eek out 1 last year and kicked that can so far down the road it got lost in the weeds. It failed, not epically, but it failed nonetheless. The rebuild should be in full swing. That has to start with trading Aaron Rodgers.