backthepack jan 23 mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

backthepack jan 23 mock

Post by Backthepack4ever »

hey yall

sorry normally start in sept but this year has been crazy busy. I have been mocking just not posting. thanks yoho for the kick start. I will comment on yours and am ready for draft talk. I will be in KC for the guys trip, would love to meet anyone here if want to make the trip. Its worth every second, trust me

anyway to the mock

I, for 1 am ready to make that move that we all knew would happen someday. now is the time, cut the chord. thanks AR12 but its time for the Love DR. as weird as it might seem 4 and 12 end with ints. 4 and 12 BOTH get traded to NYJ

TRADE

Rodgers and Bak. yes both. in respect to 12 GB sends him off with his pal to a team that is a QB and LT away from competing with the Bills. i really believe the jets are that good. Rodgers respects the hell out of Saleh. (Saleh was a friend of mines roommate while they played in college) stellar D and let AR run the O. (sounds like Mike LaFleur could be out and for this mock he becomes the Packers OC!!!!!)

GB gets John Franklin- Myers, Eli Moore 2023 1st 2nd 2024 1st. Maybe not the biggest haul but its 2 impact young players. I am super super high on JFM. Hes a beast and though he gets paid the next to years, GB and the Jets find ways to make the money work so if anyone thinks this mock is impossible, there is always a way to make the money work. Moore is the perfect slot for GB. He is small but plays hard and there were rumblings of him wanting out of NY. why not throw him in with a young about to explode O in GB.

Draft

1.13 Bijan Robinson RB/beast Texas

What a RB at 13. Crazy right. Yep and prob the only back outside of AD since... well Peterson I would want this high. This kid is the truth and one of a kind back. Some reports ive seen have him as one of the best wrs also :shock: :shock: Yea they think he can run routes and better hands than most of the wrs. Thats insane. There has been talk his 40 time will suck. dont care his play speed is fine. hes stellar. With A Jones needing a reworked deal bring in the future. ML and his brother would find ways to get all 3 backs work. This right here would make this O different then every other in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceECDRRbjJw

1.15 Bryan Bresee DT Clemson

Wyatt came on . So did Slayton. We have Clark. Enter another super talented big. Bresee is a problem inside. #1 DL coming into college all he did was grow and improve his skillset. Hes not Carter but thats fine. This is a plug and play and future pro bowler for years. You can have enough bigs and addings studs in the trenches is the way to go. I have always envied the eagles DL with just talent after talent. With Bresee the Packers now are young and loaded and let Clark roam and stay fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqr-Vk2QHU

2.43 Darnell Wright OT Tenn

This 5 star prospect is a mountain of a man that is a plus althete to boot. hes a little raw but the talent is future star. I think Tom is at LT and I can see Yosh back to compete for RT but this kid could take that RT spot early. Tom and Wright bookend for 10 years and whomever is playing QB is protected long term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2COQQ_-Gs

2.45 Byron Young Edge Tenn

Back to Back Vols but thats just fine. Young brings something we dont have. Gary is a superstar. Smith is reliable and JJ showed promise. Enter Young who is undersized but a damn ball of fire. GB does not have that freak speed player. Young is that guy. closing speed!! and dont think there isnt any power bc he played interior at times. the dude is a problem. I get Reddick vibes here with a guy that will just get after it. yes please!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsoC7uz28ks

3rd Cameron Latu TE Bama

Its a pretty solid TE draft but TE is tough to gauge esp early. Give me a day 2 upside guy in Latu. Hes long and lanky with soft hands. Hes at Bama bc hes talented. Get him in house and working and maybe he makes some splash as a part time rook with future starter talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReN4jUxRD3w

4 Clark Phillips III CB Utah

Slot ballhawk that just makes plays. tough. feisty. dog. yea welcome to GB. His size pushes him to the 4th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgsS1wDy5c

5 Patrick McMorris S SD State

Another hard nosed leader on the back end of a D. IDK if Amos is back. If its cheap sure but he wasnt the same guy this season. I could even see Douglus move to safety but that doesnt change the fact GB could stand to add guys with upside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drojj2crHrg

7 Andrie Losiuas WR Princeton

Ivy league guy with good size and skill set. does he stick, hell idk but to good to not take a swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khHuKPPlgCI

7 Grayson McCall QB Coastal Carolina

Draft a QB flyer every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbW8IZNxovo

7 Auburn Miller ILB Jack ST

Coach Prime kid that has the tools. he was invited to the SR bowl so he could impress and sneek into the draft.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Love it, the description of the first five picks fits with what I'd like to see us get in the draft. Only knock is I wish we could get a S earlier but can't have everything in one draft, this still is a haul that I'd be pretty happy with.

If we go RB I will assume Jones will not be here much longer than another two seasons and Dillon will move on. I know lots of people hate the idea of RB early in Round 1 but I am good with it if it's a AD, Saquon Barkley, or heck even a Christian McCaffrey kind of a talent.

Good stuff.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Phillips III may have become my draft crush. That dude has it

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

If we can get that for AR and Bahk, Gute would win GM of the year. I'm thinking the value is much less. I would be happy with a first and I think that is wishful thinking.

Lafluer may be out? Maybe you heard rumors about his brother. MLF maybe the best asset the Packers have right now.

As far as the pick? Sign me up! The thing about Bijan, is his impressive WR skills. Even with Jones in backfield, line Bijan up as a WR.

Like that you focused on the trenches. Definitely a need.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

AmishMafia wrote:
13 Jan 2023 07:56
If we can get that for AR and Bahk, Gute would win GM of the year. I'm thinking the value is much less. I would be happy with a first and I think that is wishful thinking.

Lafluer may be out? Maybe you heard rumors about his brother. MLF maybe the best asset the Packers have right now.

As far as the pick? Sign me up! The thing about Bijan, is his impressive WR skills. Even with Jones in backfield, line Bijan up as a WR.

I also doubt the Packers will get much for Rodgers. No idea whether trading Bakh makes sense from a cap standpoint, probably. My suspicion is that he will retire because that knee will give him problems. Conditional trade at best, maybe a 5th rounder if he retires after 1 year, maybe a 2nd in 2025 if he is still playing

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Jan 2023 16:22
AmishMafia wrote:
13 Jan 2023 07:56

I also doubt the Packers will get much for Rodgers. No idea whether trading Bakh makes sense from a cap standpoint, probably. My suspicion is that he will retire because that knee will give him problems. Conditional trade at best, maybe a 5th rounder if he retires after 1 year, maybe a 2nd in 2025 if he is still playing
Bakhtiari has ruled out retirement and says he wants to keep playing, both very definitively.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This is an optimistic pick, considering the trades you mentioned. I also don’t see two firsts coming our way. Bahk would never be traded for a first on his own. And Rodgers might still be supreme by some teams. But he would hardly fetch a first himself, I think.
Otherwise, I like the guys you selected a lot.
I wouldn’t doubt that the Pack would pick a RB high this year if they truly think the guy is special. That said, I think they go hunting for a TE this year and a WR.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I want Bijan so badly. I just can’t see him going outside the top 10. He’s better than Saquan and Zeke and they went top 5.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Great mock.

But nobody is trading for Bak.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Packfntk wrote:
14 Jan 2023 12:12
Great mock.

But nobody is trading for Bak.
Yea prob not. I just threw him in as a package deal with his buddy AR. Jets could use his services and he hasn't given up a sack since like 2019 (I know not many games haha)