The Playoffs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Vikings are an embarrassment
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2023 23:30
Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2023 22:02
Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2023 21:40

So did the fact that they didn't have any blowout wins. :)
Define blowout win. And explain how any helped the Packers make it to the playoffs.
What we did to you three weeks ago. That is a blowout. :aok:

And the fact we didn't make the playoffs but still did that to you reinforces the point that you guys were Pretenders. xD
Please, what makes a pretender? A team that losses in the playoffs? What are the qualifications for a team to be a pretender? I'm dying to hear this.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Trudge wrote:
16 Jan 2023 00:02
That is funny. And I sm not even one just to bash MN for the sake of doing so.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I never make fun of Vikings fans. I more just say, "welcome to the club"

But to those who say it's always better to lose a week later my response is....really?

Because with the makeup of this team (a descending team) I am much happier that we lost in Week 18 to end our season than get absoltuely pounded like the Seahawks did one week later.

The finality of the NFL season and playoffs is absolutely brutal.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

LombardiTime wrote:
15 Jan 2023 19:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2023 19:29
LombardiTime wrote:
15 Jan 2023 19:23

In truth, the NFC North has been pretty embarrassing for over a decade now.
Let's go back to the inception of it. How many years have 2 or more teams made it?
Don’t know about how many years 2 or more teams have been in it.

I do know that just twice in the 23 years of this century have NFC North teams have advanced to the Super Bowl and no NFC North team has gotten there in the last 12 seasons.

The Bears and Lions have not won a playoff game since when?

And We just watched the 3rd place NFC East team defeat the NFC North winner on the road in the 2022 playoffs.

The NFC North has been bad for many years, not just in 2022.
It's for sure part of the reason the Packers lack the killer instinct, our division has been a cake walk, the Vikes have been the only team that challenges us, typically we get a lead and coast to victory, it gives us a false sense of superiority, we are rarely tested. and lack the ability to finish out against teams that had to play 60 minute football to make the PO's.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 06:57

But to those who say it's always better to lose a week later my response is....really?

Because with the makeup of this team (a descending team) I am much happier that we lost in Week 18 to end our season than get absoltuely pounded like the Seahawks did one week later.

losing is part of life, part of football, get use to it, if your worried about a smack down, and refuse to try, imo that is far worse then the smack down, you don't know how we would have done against SF, this game revolves around personal matchups, it's possible that we would have done or kept the game closer then the Hawkks.

losing a PO game is far better then not getting to play one, always, for us to lose to the Niners is not shameful, it's possible everyone they play losses, thats a soundly built team with a great game plan that smacked the Hawks, I would have loved to see how we matched up, and what we would need to emulate them.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

NCF wrote:
16 Jan 2023 08:35
On the flip side of that, You have to be in the playoffs to lose. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

texas wrote:
15 Jan 2023 20:51
Yeah today was basically my Super Bowl and the right team won.

Would like to see Dallas or Buffalo win the real Super Bowl, but the Vikings not winning it is the most important thing.
You must be on the younger side, right? Us older guys, thinking back to the last century, will never be rooting for the 'Boys. :)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 06:57

I always want more Packer football regardless!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2023 20:10
Scott4Pack wrote:
15 Jan 2023 20:05
I know it’s a shallow form of comfort. But our losing early last year (after our 13 win season) real hurt. Seeing a team or two die a similar death somehow takes a tiny amount of sting out of it.

Even so, Raptor, I feel you man.
I don't and this is the very reason why:

Half my friends are Viking fans even.
I don’t get it. Sorry.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Jan 2023 08:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
I know it’s a shallow form of comfort. But our losing early last year (after our 13 win season) real hurt. Seeing a team or two die a similar death somehow takes a tiny amount of sting out of it.

I don’t get it. Sorry.
Anthoney Barr plays to rough, and hurts QB's :lol:

he didn't need to drive Rodgers into the ground like that, in fact that should have been a penalty, and now is considered one.

besides that though, Barr was a very good edge rusher

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't think the Anthony Barr hit should have been a penalty and I hate that the league calls even more bullsh*t calls to protect the QBs now than they ever have. I stated it was a good non call then and I definitely believe it now.

But. I will also say it is incredibly stupid and classless to have a team post a highlight of a defensive player "hit" and not "sack" a quarterback. Yes the result ended in an incompletion if I remember right, but we know the full reason they post it as his "greatest play" is because it injured a player for a full season.

Pretty low on the Vikings to show that. But I do hate that this is called now.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Jan 2023 08:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

I don’t get it. Sorry.
The first play the Vikings showed on their Anthony Barr tribute was the hit on Aaron Rodgers that broke his collar bone. They showed that instead of his 8 forced fumbles, 5 INTs, 32 PDs, 17.5 sacks, or 1 TD.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yup. Incredibly classless.

Barr lost on that play. The ball got out. It was going to be a first down conversion. The only thing is Bennett dropped it.

But Barr did nothing to positively impact that play for the exception of injuring someone. Very, very classless to show that as a Viking highlight.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Trudge wrote:
16 Jan 2023 00:02
Vikings are 21 and 31 overall in the playoffs. 4 and 6 in championship games. 0 and 4 in the Super Bowls.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Half Empty wrote:
16 Jan 2023 08:43
texas wrote:
15 Jan 2023 20:51
Yeah today was basically my Super Bowl and the right team won.

Would like to see Dallas or Buffalo win the real Super Bowl, but the Vikings not winning it is the most important thing.
You must be on the younger side, right? Us older guys, thinking back to the last century, will never be rooting for the 'Boys. :)
Correct. Us older guys never root for Minnesota, Chicago or Dallas. That's just how it is.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:06
I don't think the Anthony Barr hit should have been a penalty and I hate that the league calls even more bullsh*t calls to protect the QBs now than they ever have. I stated it was a good non call then and I definitely believe it now.

But. I will also say it is incredibly stupid and classless to have a team post a highlight of a defensive player "hit" and not "sack" a quarterback. Yes the result ended in an incompletion if I remember right, but we know the full reason they post it as his "greatest play" is because it injured a player for a full season.

Pretty low on the Vikings to show that. But I do hate that this is called now.
so then it's a defenseless player hit that shouldn't have been called, we call it on WR's yet you value QB's less.

why is it that the league worry's about player safety, according to you, they shouldn't, :thwap: QB is the most important player a team has, protecting them protects the team and provides a better experience for the fans.

no offense, I think it's natural for fans to root for QB hits and sacks, it's sorta like the David and Goliath thing, we all root for that poor pass rusher, who tries and tries to get to that QB, but rarely does.

I played safety, so I should feel upset that DB's are no longer allowed to mug up receivers, but I'am not, why? because fans want to see scoring, scoring is why fans buy tickets, they sure as all heck don't buy em to watch defense :rotf: