The Playoffs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

325772078_419073647045383_7068325989087040281_n.jpg
325772078_419073647045383_7068325989087040281_n.jpg (180.18 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Last edited by Raptorman on 16 Jan 2023 11:15, edited 2 times in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:56
go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:06
I don't think the Anthony Barr hit should have been a penalty and I hate that the league calls even more bullsh*t calls to protect the QBs now than they ever have. I stated it was a good non call then and I definitely believe it now.

But. I will also say it is incredibly stupid and classless to have a team post a highlight of a defensive player "hit" and not "sack" a quarterback. Yes the result ended in an incompletion if I remember right, but we know the full reason they post it as his "greatest play" is because it injured a player for a full season.

Pretty low on the Vikings to show that. But I do hate that this is called now.
so then it's a defenseless player hit that shouldn't have been called, we call it on WR's yet you value QB's less.
Defenseless player is when the player can't see the hit coming and can't prepare for it all. Defenseless player is a player putting his body on the line without knowledge of a safety missaling him (like Troy P did). That should be out of the game. It also rarely called though because it is such a rare thing for a WR not to be aware he is going to get plowed.

Rodgers knew the entire time Barr was coming. The hit and the throw were almost simultaneous. I get mad on nearly every roughing the passer call because the majority of them are now ridiculous.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 11:04
Yoop wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:56
go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:06
I don't think the Anthony Barr hit should have been a penalty and I hate that the league calls even more bullsh*t calls to protect the QBs now than they ever have. I stated it was a good non call then and I definitely believe it now.

But. I will also say it is incredibly stupid and classless to have a team post a highlight of a defensive player "hit" and not "sack" a quarterback. Yes the result ended in an incompletion if I remember right, but we know the full reason they post it as his "greatest play" is because it injured a player for a full season.

Pretty low on the Vikings to show that. But I do hate that this is called now.
so then it's a defenseless player hit that shouldn't have been called, we call it on WR's yet you value QB's less.
Defenseless player is when the player can't see the hit coming and can't prepare for it all. Defenseless player is a player putting his body on the line without knowledge of a safety missaling him (like Troy P did). That should be out of the game. It also rarely called though because it is such a rare thing for a WR not to be aware he is going to get plowed.

Rodgers knew the entire time Barr was coming. The hit and the throw were almost simultaneous. I get mad on nearly every roughing the passer call because the majority of them are now ridiculous.
NO, Barr had the ability to pull up, Rodgers had gotten rid of the ball before Barr even touched him, and Barr watched him get rid of it, it absolutely was a roughing the passer non call, and QB's almost always know the hit is coming, thats no excuse for a late hit, or a hit to the head, or knees.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2023 23:51
Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2023 23:30
Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2023 22:02

Define blowout win. And explain how any helped the Packers make it to the playoffs.
What we did to you three weeks ago. That is a blowout. :aok:

And the fact we didn't make the playoffs but still did that to you reinforces the point that you guys were Pretenders. xD
Please, what makes a pretender? A team that losses in the playoffs? What are the qualifications for a team to be a pretender? I'm dying to hear this.
Some are calling MN pretenders because when they won they squeaked by and when they lost they often got pummeled. The Vikes' D was their undoing, frankly. The Gmen are not an offensive juggernaut.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2023 06:57
I never make fun of Vikings fans. I more just say, "welcome to the club"

But to those who say it's always better to lose a week later my response is....really?

Because with the makeup of this team (a descending team) I am much happier that we lost in Week 18 to end our season than get absoltuely pounded like the Seahawks did one week later.

The finality of the NFL season and playoffs is absolutely brutal.
Raptor aside, most MN fans I run into, especially down here, are insufferable. They have an unhealthy hatred of everything about the Packers and this year they took their arrogance to another level so I shed no tears for them losing yesterday.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:04
Raptorman wrote:
Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2023 23:30

What we did to you three weeks ago. That is a blowout. :aok:

And the fact we didn't make the playoffs but still did that to you reinforces the point that you guys were Pretenders. xD
Please, what makes a pretender? A team that losses in the playoffs? What are the qualifications for a team to be a pretender? I'm dying to hear this.
Some are calling MN pretenders because when they won they squeaked by and when they lost they often got pummeled. The Vikes' D was their undoing, frankly. The Gmen are not an offensive juggernaut.
The giants won 8 of their 9 wins by one score. No one is calling them pretenders. They also got pummeled. Matter of fact, the Giants lose 4 games by one score. But I guess if you lose by one score instead of winning by one, you aren't a pretender.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:50
Packers 36-25

https://www.packers.com/history/playoff-history
But they are talking 36 playoff wins since 1936 whereas the Vikes are only 62 years old.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Jan 2023 10:51
Half Empty wrote:
16 Jan 2023 08:43
texas wrote:
15 Jan 2023 20:51
Yeah today was basically my Super Bowl and the right team won.

Would like to see Dallas or Buffalo win the real Super Bowl, but the Vikings not winning it is the most important thing.
You must be on the younger side, right? Us older guys, thinking back to the last century, will never be rooting for the 'Boys. :)
Correct. Us older guys never root for Minnesota, Chicago or Dallas. That's just how it is.
Us old gals don't either. 8-)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:09
Pugger wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

The giants won 8 of their 9 wins by one score. No one is calling them pretenders. They also got pummeled. Matter of fact, the Giants lose 4 games by one score. But I guess if you lose by one score instead of winning by one, you aren't a pretender.
I don't think anyone is calling the 9-7-1 Giants contenders...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

The Gmen were not 13-4 and the #3 seed in the regular season this year. I fully expect NYG to lose to Philly next weekend.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:22
Raptorman wrote:
Pugger wrote:

The Gmen were not 13-4 and the #3 seed in the regular season this year. I fully expect NYG to lose to Philly next weekend.

And I hope they win it all.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:14
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Half Empty wrote:

You must be on the younger side, right? Us older guys, thinking back to the last century, will never be rooting for the 'Boys. :)
Correct. Us older guys never root for Minnesota, Chicago or Dallas. That's just how it is.
The first NFL game I can remember watching was our 1994 playoff loss to Dallas when I was 9. Even though I like MM, there's no freakin' way I want to see Jerry Jones holding the Lombardi trophy again.

*That would be the divisional game in Jan. 1995
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:26
Pugger wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Who, the Gmen or Philly?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:28
Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:14
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

The first NFL game I can remember watching was our 1994 playoff loss to Dallas when I was 9. Even though I like MM, there's no freakin' way I want to see Jerry Jones holding the Lombardi trophy again.

*That would be the divisional game in Jan. 1995
Let's add SF to this list of teams not to root for. I'm still pissed that they didn't say Jerry Rice fumbled. :evil:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:33
Raptorman wrote:
16 Jan 2023 12:26
Pugger wrote:

Who, the Gmen or Philly?
The Giants.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The NFC's remaining teams all have plenty of playoff history with the Packers

Cowboys - 90's dominated us. And they are the Cowboys
Eagles - 00's dominated us. 4th and long. A$$hole fans
Giants - stole two SB apperrances from us
49ers - We know their history.
Bucs - F*ck Tom Brady

So pick your poison in the NFC. :lol:

I'm rooting for McCarthy.

Add in the fact it was SEA and MN of all teams who got eliminated...this just wasn't our playoffs to root for anyone. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Half Empty wrote:
texas wrote:

Would like to see Dallas or Buffalo win the real Super Bowl, but the Vikings not winning it is the most important thing.
The first game I remember watching was the 1995 Super Bowl. So yes, the Cowboys' dominance was just before I was football-aware.

But I like Jerry Jones, Dak, and obviously McCarthy. And the 49ers and Giants have more recently been our Achilles heel than the Cowboys. I wouldn't mind the Eagles and Hurts winning one because Hurts continues to prove me wrong about his abilities at every level.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Dallas all the way

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am rooting for our offense, those stinking Niners are using it right now, but hopefully we get it back next year :lol:

hard to root for any of these teams, I have a grudge list and there all on it, I just hope there all as a good a games as we saw this week end

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

texas wrote:
16 Jan 2023 13:35
Half Empty wrote:
texas wrote:

The first game I remember watching was the 1995 Super Bowl. So yes, the Cowboys' dominance was just before I was football-aware.

But I like Jerry Jones, Dak, and obviously McCarthy. And the 49ers and Giants have more recently been our Achilles heel than the Cowboys. I wouldn't mind the Eagles and Hurts winning one because Hurts continues to prove me wrong about his abilities at every level.
The first game I remember watching was Nov, 6th 1966. Vikings at Green Bay. One of 2 Green Bay losses on the year. The Packer's other loss that year? San Fran.