Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 09:35
APB wrote:
17 Jan 2023 08:22
lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2023 11:24
Mahomes contract is $5M less than Rodgers cap hit and they surrounded him with significantly better talent.
Significantly better talent? You mean McKinnon, the journeyman RB? Smith-Schuster, the injury-prone and washed up Steeler reject? MVS, the trash juice WR you couldn't wait to dump on every week while he was a Packer?

The difference is prime Mahomes is doing exactly what Rodgers did for most of his career - carry the offense. Rodgers is doing the opposite, he's actually hindering the offense at this point.
put Rodgers in Purdy's shoes in SF and he would have !@#$ pounded the Seahawks just like Purdy did, talent actually does make a QB look and do better,
Again. Listen to your statement of needing to have the greatest of all time be in the same sentence of Mr. irrelevant in his rookie season.

At this point it's not about what Aaron Rodgers can do for the Packers, but what the Packers can do for Aaron Rodgers.

Why would I have a top end QB if a rookie last pick does just as well? Hell. Jordan Love would do far better with the SF offense than Purdy. So why not just role with Love and build a 9ers offense?

You stay with Rodgers to elevate those around him. That's what big bucks players are supposed to do.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2023 09:42
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Significantly better talent? You mean McKinnon, the journeyman RB? Smith-Schuster, the injury-prone and washed up Steeler reject? MVS, the trash juice WR you couldn't wait to dump on every week while he was a Packer?

The difference is prime Mahomes is doing exactly what Rodgers did for most of his career - carry the offense. Rodgers is doing the opposite, he's actually hindering the offense at this point.
put Rodgers in Purdy's shoes in SF and he would have !@#$ pounded the Seahawks just like Purdy did, talent actually does make a QB look and do better,
Again. Listen to your statement of needing to have the greatest of all time be in the same sentence of Mr. irrelevant in his rookie season.

At this point it's not about what Aaron Rodgers can do for the Packers, but what the Packers can do for Aaron Rodgers.

Why would I have a top end QB if a rookie last pick does just as well? Hell. Jordan Love would do far better with the SF offense than Purdy. So why not just role with Love and build a 9ers offense?

You stay with Rodgers to elevate those around him. That's what big bucks players are supposed to do.
no sale, your presumptions of Love playing as composed as Purdy has the last 4 games lacks any evidence that Love could, every time we see Love pressured he throws errant passes which was showcased in his mop up play his last outing.

Purdy's play is beyond rare, when was the last time a late round drafted QB did what Purdy has accomplished? those players and scheme combine to make it a QB friendly offense, our inexperience at WR and inconsistent blocking make basically those same schemes harder.

the reason Rodgers struggled in basically the same schemes as Purdy succeeded in had to do with a better OL and skill position players, and Love wouldn't have changed that one bit, and neither would he have elevated those situations, did you put money down on a home in fantasy land yet, or are you just living there rent free :thwap: :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 10:06
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

no sale, your presumptions of Love playing as composed as Purdy has the last 4 games lacks any evidence that Love could, every time we see Love pressured he throws errant passes which was showcased in his mop up play his last outing.

Purdy's play is beyond rare, when was the last time a late round drafted QB did what Purdy has accomplished? those players and scheme combine to make it a QB friendly offense, our inexperience at WR and inconsistent blocking make basically those same schemes harder.

the reason Rodgers struggled in basically the same schemes as Purdy succeeded in had to do with a better OL and skill position players, and Love wouldn't have changed that one bit, and neither would he have elevated those situations, did you put money down on a home in fantasy land yet, or are you just living there rent free :thwap: :rotf:
<<<< The Point >>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-------------------------

:dunno:

[mention]Yoop[/mention]

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
17 Jan 2023 10:13
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

<<<< The Point >>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Yoop
that Rodgers is better then the ability of his supporting cast allowed him to be, I thought my explanation made that abundantly clear :idn:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2023 11:24
Mahomes contract is $5M less than Rodgers cap hit and they surrounded him with significantly better talent.

You're assuming Aaron would willingly run the same SF offense as Purdy. That's a big assumption.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, imagine if he’d have caught more or if Aaron was able to put a few more on him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Jan 2023 12:27
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

You're assuming Aaron would willingly run the same SF offense as Purdy. That's a big assumption.
why? he did it for most of the last 4 season with Matt, lets not confuse why Rodgers wanted less motion and deception with the lack of experience players he had doing that stuff, or that for most of that time frame we had one very good receiver, a disabled Irving and basically Jones to do the jet sweeps, consider this also, our best receiver for most of our stacked receiver sets, was Lazard who did the blocking, thats a pretty big difference from McCaffery, and Samual, two of the best option receivers in the league to go along with Kittle and Aiyuk, couple that with a good OL and Defense and Rodgers would probably pay them to join that offense :lol:

I taped that SF/Hawks game simply because that is Matts offensive scheme, just minus most of the talent Matt needs to emulate it, minus this seasons additions, who I expect a lot more production from going forward,

not to knock Aaron Jones, I love the guy, but in that scheme McCaffery 1200 yrds did close to what Jones did in basically 10 games, Samual added another 900 yrds, Kittle 750, and Aiyuk 1000 yrds,.

thing is the deceptive stuff is complicated, when Rodgers said we need to simplify the schemes it revolved around the fact our players, Watson and Doubs lacked experience to do those things.
also it amounted to attacking what the opponent defenses where willing to give up, why people think Rodgers doesn't like Lafleurs schemes, or wants to throw deep as often as we did this year seems short sighted imo, first most QB's like to throw deep, thats not just a Aaron Rodgers thing, but defenses where gang raping the los, that means single high safety and a invitation for deep passes, thats just how that stuff works, ya take what the defense is more willing for you to attack.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 12:59
Man, imagine if he’d have caught more or if Aaron was able to put a few more on him.

I'd say Christian Watson was a excellent draft pick :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 10:43
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

<<<< The Point >>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Yoop
that Rodgers is better then the ability of his supporting cast allowed him to be, I thought my explanation made that abundantly clear :idn:
Yeah I don't honestly know what you were talking about at all.

In one sentence you talk about how we need an offense as good as SF to make Rodgers look good like they are making the Rookie Mr. Irrelevant look good.

I countered by saying you should look internally if you really believe we need an offense at the level of supporting a rookie Mr. Irrelevant be successful then why do we need Aaron Rodgers? Why not just plug in literally anyone else if you have that good of an offense?

If Rodgers needs the supporting cast of team that supports a rookie Mr. Irrelevant...maybe that is your sign you don't need a top end QB any longer. Not anywhere did I say Jordan Love would make our current unit better. But if the current unit needs to be at the 49ers level...then at least move on from your expensive vet to plug in literally anybody else.

At this point yoop you are attached to a name and nostalgia over anything else.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2023 13:48
Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 10:43
APB wrote:

<<<< The Point >>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Yoop
Yeah I don't honestly know what you were talking about at all.

In one sentence you talk about how we need an offense as good as SF to make Rodgers look good like they are making the Rookie Mr. Irrelevant look good.

I countered by saying you should look internally if you really believe we need an offense at the level of supporting a rookie Mr. Irrelevant be successful then why do we need Aaron Rodgers? Why not just plug in literally anyone else if you have that good of an offense?

If Rodgers needs the supporting cast of team that supports a rookie Mr. Irrelevant...maybe that is your sign you don't need a top end QB any longer. Not anywhere did I say Jordan Love would make our current unit better. But if the current unit needs to be at the 49ers level...then at least move on from your expensive vet to plug in literally anybody else.

At this point yoop you are attached to a name and nostalgia over anything else.
One minute it is, " The talent is there to make bringing back Rodgers in 2023 worthwhile."

The next minute it is, "We don't have the talent to be successful/for Rodgers to do well."

I honestly don't know how those 2 things are reconciled.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

anyone that puts our rookie WR's in the same class as the experienced players I mentioned from the Niners is delusional, next year obviously they will be more experienced, I also objected to the idea that any QB could accomplish what Purdy has, that isn't even speculative, mostly just another cheap shot aimed at Rodgers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:02
anyone that puts our rookie WR's in the same class as the experienced players I mentioned from the Niners is delusional, next year obviously they will be more experienced, I also objected to the idea that any QB could accomplish what Purdy has, that isn't even speculative, mostly just another cheap shot aimed at Rodgers.
No it's a cheap shot at Purdy and not buying his success.

Maybe Purdy is just really freaking good but you instead are putting the credit with the 49ers offense on why he is successful.

Either Purdy is elevating the offense or it's the other way around.

Currently you are arguing that the offense is elevating Purdy and we need that to support Rodgers. And I can support your theory regarding the 49ers offense. Purdy is afterall a late day rookie.

I just find it interesting that the greatest to ever do it needs to be in the same "support level discussion" as a Rookie Mr. Irrelevant.

Now that is a cheap shot on Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Reality Check Related on the Niners:

Everyone that makes their offense amazing...the Packers could have on their roster. The niners have simply ran circles around the Packers in terms of draft success and offensive personnel development.

Deebo Samuel? He went in the second round. We chose Gary and Savage over him. I desperately wanted Deebo.

Brandon Aiyuk: he went one slot ahead of Jordan Love. The niners traded BACK and got him. We traded UP to get Love. Obviously we could have traded to secure Aiyuk if we had the desire. Tee Higgins was also available until the start of the second round that night.

George Kittle-5th round draft selection, available to all other teams that may have wanted him

Brock Purdy-7th round selection-could easily be the Packers backup instead of Love.

McCafrey-If the niners can trade for him, so could we...if we really wanted to win. Like the niners obviously do.

Kyle Juschyck-4th round pick

Point being, they are dangerous because they have found GOLD outside of the top half of the first round of the draft. Deebo, Aiyuk, McCafrey, Kittle...can play anywhere on the field..and they do in Shanahans scheme. makes it so hard to defend.

Purdy would have no chance in our scheme with out players...Niners players and scheme makes Jimmy G a QB capable of a SB appearance.
Niners built the D with incredible draft capital and high picks. They built the O by their offensive minded coach and the GM hitting homeruns. Homeruns our GM and offensive minded head coach are yet to make. cough cough, deguara cough cough sternberger, cough cough, equanamious st brown
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:05

Maybe Purdy is just really freaking good but you instead are putting the credit with the 49ers offense on why he is successful.

you twist everything to support whatever your agenda is at the time, mostly dissing Rodgers.

can't be both, I get ya, obviously Purdy benefited from the talented skill position players on that team, my whole freaking point was that Rodgers would have as well, instead of a simple acceptance of that reality, you play fking word games,

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Absolutely.

The 9ers did what you have to do to be successful. Draft good players. More importantly than draft positions....just hit on your players and the talent evaluation.

The 9ers also do a good job of being either REALLY good or REALLY bad. It's nice to reload your awesome 2019 roster with a terrible, terrible 2020 season in the 2021 draft.

If the Packers repeat their 2022 NFL draft performance, they will be in the same breath as the 49ers pretty quick.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/gra ... ning-backs

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/gra ... arterbacks

Huber grading player performance against salary cap, RB first link, QB second.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 12:59

Too bad Watson missed 3 games this season. I am eager to see more of him in 2023.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:05
Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:02

Currently you are arguing that the offense is elevating Purdy and we need that to support Rodgers. And I can support your theory regarding the 49ers offense. Purdy is afterall a late day rookie.

I just find it interesting that the greatest to ever do it needs to be in the same "support level discussion" as a Rookie Mr. Irrelevant.

Now that is a cheap shot on Rodgers.
I think it might be the other way around. SF's team is a hell of lot more loaded with talent than GB's.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:26

Everyone that makes their offense amazing...the Packers could have on their roster. The niners have simply ran circles around the Packers in terms of draft success and offensive personnel development.

Deebo Samuel? He went in the second round. We chose Gary and Savage over him. I desperately wanted Deebo.

Brandon Aiyuk: he went one slot ahead of Jordan Love. The niners traded BACK and got him. We traded UP to get Love. Obviously we could have traded to secure Aiyuk if we had the desire. Tee Higgins was also available until the start of the second round that night.

George Kittle-5th round draft selection, available to all other teams that may have wanted him

Brock Purdy-7th round selection-could easily be the Packers backup instead of Love.

McCafrey-If the niners can trade for him, so could we...if we really wanted to win. Like the niners obviously do.

Point being, they are dangerous because they have found GOLD outside of the top half of the first round of the draft. Deebo, Aiyuk, McCafrey, Kittle...can play anywhere on the field..and they do in Shanahans scheme. makes it so hard to defend.

Purdy would have no chance in our scheme with out players...Niners players and scheme makes Jimmy G a QB capable of a SB appearance.
Niners built the D with incredible draft capital and high picks. They built the O by their offensive minded coach and the GM hitting homeruns. Homeruns our GM and offensive minded head coach are yet to make. cough cough, deguara cough cough sternberger, cough cough, equanamious st brown
Deebo is great but I have no qualms about Gute drafting Gary.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
18 Jan 2023 23:13
Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:26

Deebo is great but I have no qualms about Gute drafting Gary.
Gary has helped the team one of his 3 years, but anyways…that’s fine…we also selected savage over Deebo
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur