The Playoffs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Raptorman wrote:
17 Jan 2023 12:26
Pugger wrote:
17 Jan 2023 08:05
German_Panzer wrote:
16 Jan 2023 23:41

Still I could see him continuing. I do not see decline. But in TB?

Glad for MM. He proves he‘s a real deal.
After watching his post game presser he's done in Tampa. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. If I were in his shoes I'd go to Miami. The climate is even warmer and they have more talent over there than the Bucs.
The question you have to ask is this. Which team has a halfway decent Defense by a crappy QB, and will have the same coach next year? That's where Brady will look. If he keeps playing. I don't thing there are any teams that fit that, so I'm saying he is done.
The only team I can think of that possibly fits that mold is SF. But who knows, Brock may end up being the real deal.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jan 2023 15:59
Raptorman wrote:
Pugger wrote:

After watching his post game presser he's done in Tampa. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. If I were in his shoes I'd go to Miami. The climate is even warmer and they have more talent over there than the Bucs.
The question you have to ask is this. Which team has a halfway decent Defense by a crappy QB, and will have the same coach next year? That's where Brady will look. If he keeps playing. I don't thing there are any teams that fit that, so I'm saying he is done.
The only team I can think of that possibly fits that mold is SF. But who knows, Brock may end up being the real deal.
Doubt he’d go to the jets but they fit the bill.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 16:06
Captain_Ben wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Doubt he’d go to the jets but they fit the bill.
Yeah. I think the Jets is the perfect team for Aaron Rodgers honestly.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Captain_Ben wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Pugger wrote:

SF? No. They have a QB problem but its one in which they have to many QB's to choose from. Although, I get the feeling Trey Lance is going to be a bust.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:49
Raptorman wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Oh. Not Green Bay? (I set you up pretty well there, didn’t I?)

But in all seriousness, how about the Rams (on the long shot that Stafford retires)?
Pretty sure the Rams will be in a rebuild mode this coming year.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Raptorman wrote:
17 Jan 2023 17:06
Captain_Ben wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

SF? No. They have a QB problem but its one in which they have to many QB's to choose from. Although, I get the feeling Trey Lance is going to be a bust.
Does a 46 year old Tom Brady give that roster a better chance to win it all than Purdy, Lance, or Garappolo? I don't know. Maybe.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jan 2023 18:22
Does a 46 year old Tom Brady give that roster a better chance to win it all than Purdy, Lance, or Garappolo? I don't know. Maybe.
So much so. Every loss I can think of that SF has suffered in about the last three seasons concludes with a QB with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:17
Captain_Ben wrote:
So much so. Every loss I can think of that SF has suffered in about the last three seasons concludes with a QB with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face.
my impression too, which I figured would happen with Purdy, and may happen still, but he seemed pretty confident the way he played Saturday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:18
NCF wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
my impression too, which I figured would happen with Purdy, and may happen still, but he seemed pretty confident the way he played Saturday.
Not hard to be confident against geno smith and the seahawks. It all depends on how the path to the super bowl develops...I could see him being confident against danny jones and the giants if they were to beat philly (very possible imo), but I could see him having a tough time on the road in Philly.

And even if he goes all the way to the championship like Jimmy G did once before...I could see a matchup against Mahommes, Burrow, or Allen making that backside a little tight. Lot of ball game left.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:23
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:18
NCF wrote:

Not hard to be confident against geno smith and the seahawks. It all depends on how the path to the super bowl develops...I could see him being confident against danny jones and the giants if they were to beat philly (very possible imo), but I could see him having a tough time on the road in Philly.

And even if he goes all the way to the championship like Jimmy G did once before...I could see a matchup against Mahommes, Burrow, or Allen making that backside a little tight. Lot of ball game left.
here is one article of many that explains why Purdy has been successful, he doesn't get raddled with the pass rush, as we/I know is a young QB's worst nightmare, he's aware of it and is athletic enough to avoid it and delivers catchable passes to his receivers.

If the SF OL can help slow the pressure, if Shanahan continues to use a lot of up tempo offensive schemes, Purdy may have a SB ring come February, specially with that defense, if not, well then Shanahan will have a tough choice deciding who his starting QB will be next season, either way, I havn't seen many rookie QB's as poised and confident as Brock Purdy

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/3-reaso ... ng-qb-race

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
17 Jan 2023 17:08
Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2023 14:49
Raptorman wrote:

Oh. Not Green Bay? (I set you up pretty well there, didn’t I?)

But in all seriousness, how about the Rams (on the long shot that Stafford retires)?
Pretty sure the Rams will be in a rebuild mode this coming year.
I think you are right. Plus after they went all in last year they only have 4 picks this year and none in the first round. This rebuild is gonna take time.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I wonder if Brock has continued success, at what point do they consider him their QB? Or at least have an open competition with Lance.

Gotta think Garrapolo is done there. Waste of resources with 2 other potential QB’s and he is vastly being outplayed by a rookie 6th rounder.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 11:35
I wonder if Brock has continued success, at what point do they consider him their QB? Or at least have an open competition with Lance.

Gotta think Garrapolo is done there. Waste of resources with 2 other potential QB’s and he is vastly being outplayed by a rookie 6th rounder.
Who was the 6th round pick?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
18 Jan 2023 11:50
BF004 wrote:

Meant 7th

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:01
Trudge wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Meant 7th
Mr. Irrelevant thanks ya for that. ;)

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Trudge wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:02
BF004 wrote:
Trudge wrote:

Meant 7th
Let's not forget that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. You never know what gems you might find later in the draft.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
Trudge wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Meant 7th
really, I apologize for thinking it was bait to see if I forgot what Round Brock was drafted in :thwap:

I promise to say 3 our Fathers, Hail Mary's, and a act of contrition as soon as humanly possible :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:10
Trudge wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Meant 7th
Let's not forget that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. You never know what gems you might find later in the draft.
yep, even famous Jack waited till the 17th round to draft Bart.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Well yeah, I knew Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Pff...next thing you will have someone like Donald Driver make it to the 7th round too. You crack me up.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:22
williewasgreat wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:10
Trudge wrote:

yep, even famous Jack waited till the 17th round to draft Bart.
17th round yes. But he was only the 200th pick. The NFL has expanded to 32 teams from the 12 back then, but they really aren't drafting that many more players. Matter of fact they are drafting less. Back then there were 300 draft picks. Today it's only 262.