VERY early: Building the 2023 Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
19 Jan 2023 14:44
APB wrote:
19 Jan 2023 10:29
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
18 Jan 2023 15:07
The front office and head coach sink or swim with Jordan Love.
I am more than ok, excited even, with giving them all - GM, coach, and player - that opportunity.
100%. Let's see a QB run what ML wants to run.

As far as building. I always emphasize trenches and getting after QBs. DL came on late with Clark Wyatt and stayton. Add another piece always try to get better on the OL

If Robinson is there at 15 I take him. He's the best back in 15 years easy. Plus he's a wr make teams commit to stopping the run and then use the speed of the young wrs.

I don't think this team is light-years off. Add some talent and play within the system.
Thinking about your last comment. If we can get a very good pass rusher/edge guy in the draft and a reliable WR/TE some way, I think that fixes a lot of things. I’d put OLine in there too. But I’m hoping it performs MUCH better in 2023, even if we don’t add anybody. But you know that Guty is gonna draft a good one by round 4, for sure too.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Jan 2023 14:41
Pugger wrote:
18 Jan 2023 10:43
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Jan 2023 17:23
Start the build with bringing in Sean Payton as Head Coach. And a suitable replacement for Gutey. Cuz right now the dog ain't huntin' too good.
I don't think you fire a HC if he has one down year after back to back 13 win seasons. And do we really want to relinquish a first round draft pick to NO to get Payton?
LaCoach lacks the ability to inspire greatness. He's missing the intangibles needed to consistently motivate play execution and overall excellence. Not really sure the players are ALL IN with LaCoach. No are the fans ALL IN with LaCoach. Time to cut bait I think.

Maybe I'm wrong and y'all can have fun reminding me this time next year.
I agree with this and frankly it surprises me a little bit that I haven't heard LaFleur's name mentioned by the national sports media as being on the hot seat.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Jan 2023 15:05
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I don't think you fire a HC if he has one down year after back to back 13 win seasons. And do we really want to relinquish a first round draft pick to NO to get Payton?
LaCoach lacks the ability to inspire greatness. He's missing the intangibles needed to consistently motivate play execution and overall excellence. Not really sure the players are ALL IN with LaCoach. No are the fans ALL IN with LaCoach. Time to cut bait I think.

I agree with this and frankly it surprises me a little bit that I haven't heard LaFleur's name mentioned by the national sports media as being on the hot seat.
Lafleur and Gutey just signed extensions before the season. 3 good seasons def earned Lafleur a leash longer than one bad year. I honestly think we could miss the playoffs next year before the “hot seat” convo even came up, and then this slow moving “change resistant” org would probably need a third bad season in a row to be inspired to make a move. Let’s face it, Murphy can control Lafleur. He don’t wanna fire the subservient fella.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Jan 2023 15:05
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I'm not surprised LaCoach isn't in the NFL Coach of the Year sweepstakes. :bkw: