What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 11:19
What was his post even in response to? I am truly lost. Talk about bringing a pet topic into every thread...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 08:59
Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Jan 2023 16:24
Rodgers trying to influence personnel decisions isn't anything new. Talking up players who didn't deserve to be talked up is one of the biggest mistakes he has made in his career. The way he would praise Cobb and James Jones circa 2012, you'd think both those guys were blue chip WR1's. It's no wonder the front office neglected to spend a top pick on WR for so many years.
He’s as bad as evaluating personnel as lebron james, at least lebron has 4 titles though.
really? Rodgers, according to Herman likes hanging out with some of the highest rated players on the team, and till we find a player better then them he thinks we should retain them :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 14:46
Drj820 wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Jan 2023 16:24
Rodgers trying to influence personnel decisions isn't anything new. Talking up players who didn't deserve to be talked up is one of the biggest mistakes he has made in his career. The way he would praise Cobb and James Jones circa 2012, you'd think both those guys were blue chip WR1's. It's no wonder the front office neglected to spend a top pick on WR for so many years.
He’s as bad as evaluating personnel as lebron james, at least lebron has 4 titles though.
really? Rodgers, according to Herman likes hanging out with some of the highest rated players on the team, and till we find a player better then them he thinks we should retain them :idn:
Herman should get a real job
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 14:48
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 14:46
Drj820 wrote:

Herman should get a real job
whatever, the main reason Rodgers wanted Cobb back, or wants to keep Lewis or any of the older vets is because the GM has wiff'd on there replacements, does he rather hang with players closer to his own age? sure, it's the same reasons we do, things in common, all the rest of this hulla ballou is bloviated BS to rag on the QB

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the title of this thread had nothing to do with Gary, the OL, or anything Packers except the future of Rodgers, so who hijacked the thread.

anyway Joe Namath is trying to lure Rodgers to the Jets, offering his retired jersey number as enticement.

Ben so long since I heard the name Namath I thought he probably died :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jets-joe-n ... 00424.html

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 15:49
the title of this thread had nothing to do with Gary, the OL, or anything Packers except the future of Rodgers, so who hijacked the thread.

anyway Joe Namath is trying to lure Rodgers to the Jets, offering his retired jersey number as enticement.

Namath is still a guy who has “free press” any time he wants it. If he wants to make a public statement, the press will glom all over it, no matter how silly it is. I’d put this into the whimsical category. Like, so what if Namath would give up his retired number?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jets are definitely one of the favorites to Lans Rodgers in a trade.

Honestly, Jets' history at QB is kinda sad. Best QB in their history is Namath, who by today's standards would be a terrible QB statistically. Vinny Testaverde was good, Pennington was solid, then their next best might honestly be that 1 year with Favre :oops: or maybe those two decent years from Sanchize. Two years of 2022!Rodgers could actually make him a Top 5 QB in their team history.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
you did
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jan 2023 20:03
Jets are definitely one of the favorites to Lans Rodgers in a trade.

Honestly, Jets' history at QB is kinda sad. Best QB in their history is Namath, who by today's standards would be a terrible QB statistically. Vinny Testaverde was good, Pennington was solid, then their next best might honestly be that 1 year with Favre :oops: or maybe those two decent years from Sanchize. Two years of 2022!Rodgers could actually make him a Top 5 QB in their team history.
I have thought all year that the Jets make the most sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:

Eh.......I doubt it would be the old classic "we're gonna win the game" 1968 Joe Namath New York Jets jersey though. Instead some disgusting modernized Jets jersey that no one respects or wants to wear anyway. Man.........those J-E-T-S were awesome with Weeb working the sideline. '68 was a magical year for Namath and his incredible offense (Maynard, Sauer, Lammons, Boozer, Snell, Winston Hill, Rasmussen, Schmitt, Herman and Finnie). Verlon Biggs and Gerry Philbin were the defensive ends. Somehow the Jets no-name defense won all of those games. I can still hear Curt Gowdy calling the games (at least I think I can).

Here's Broadway Joe's 1968 Jets jersey (1968 Topps card):

Trivia: John Schmitt #52 played for the Packers after he was with the Jets.

Modern Jets jersey

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Mere rumors, take fwiw....

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
21 Jan 2023 19:57

Yeah, but didn't he say he was going to retire with the Packers? Or retire "as a Packer" ala HaHa, Jordy, and whoever else got into that game.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I trust schefter the least out of anyone who may have inside knowledge on this topic
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Jesus, Mort got old.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:01
Jesus, Mort got old.
As did our favorite TV bailiff Bull, and John Larroquette.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/ ... ext-season

Raiders would be crazy, pairing him with Davante again. A division with Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert and Russell would be pretty crazy. West area team, closer to home. I could see this. We’d have a lot of the raiders picks, lol.

Jets most talked about one. Makes a lot of sense already discussed and hilarious given Brett.

I can’t really see Aaron interested in Indy or Carolina. Just location wise, big city wise, team talent, owners, turnover, coaching question marks, don’t think he’ll go for it.

Tennessee is a maybe. Aaron likes the city, decent shell of a team, established coaches.

Outside of that, I could see Seattle and New England. Both have pretty decent rosters and coaches with maybe 2-3 left tops, I believe the two oldest coaches in the league. They might be willing to push in some chips . New England doesn’t seem sold on Mac Jones, Belichick seems to have high regard for exceptional players. Seahawks have a Ton of picks, like 4 in top 50 and two firsts next year, they could make a big move for Aaron and still have a lot of pieces to add talent. And being an NFC team, they might have to offer more. And Seattle is a west coast team, closer to home.

Then also maybe the Giants. Jones’s contract is up. They’d have the ability to have a trade worked out for Aaron before they’d have to decide to use the franchise tag or not on Jones. Not sure if Aaron will wanna go there though. I don’t think that team is that good, still not sure of the coach, and frankly their WR room is worse than ours.

I’ve seen the Saints come up. Questionable coaching and talent, no first round pick this year, not sure they could offer enough. Not sure if Aaron would want to go there.

Washington would surely be interested, but NFC and can’t imagine Aaron wanting to go to such a dysfunctional franchise.

Tampa could maybe be interested, but they had real issues on O this year and im not really sure why.

Dolphins could make sense if Tua can’t return from the concussions. Can’t imagine Aaron not wanting to play with those WRs.

If the Ravens stupidly trade Lamar, they could be a wild card with some pieces.

Pittsburgh a wild card too maybe.

I just can’t imagine SF with everything they’ve done at QB, they have like 3 legit options at QB. But SF is willing to make big moves.

Think that’s just about everyone, lol.

I guess my desire would be for Seattle to move in with an offer that we just can’t refuse. They have a ton of draft capital. I think that could just make us the strongest long term with what they could offer.

I think I’d most want to see Aaron in Miami with those WRs, be easiest to root for him there and frankly fun to watch.

I think the most likely is the Jets.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
21 Jan 2023 19:57

Schaffer spent that time saying nothing new. Not a single thing. But that’s what many of them do. They continue spinning and regurgitating the same thing until at least the springtime. It fills broadcast time, for sure.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’ve dumped on Rodgers plenty these last couple years with his retirement drama and drop off in play. There’s no denying his greatness from the past, tho. Here’s a Twitter thread highlighting some of his greatest plays. Truly amazing player over the years.