The Playoffs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Bengals lacking THREE starters on the OLine and they still dominate the Bills defense.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2023 16:02
BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 14:29
Cincy up 14 early.

I was at a divisional round game once when we started out down 14-0 at home.

Turned out pretty well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 120gnb.htm
Best game I have ever been to in my entire life.
‘Twas. Especially when my wife is around, I call it the best day of my life.

Although with [mention]NCF[/mention], some of the most intense discomfort I’ve ever experienced in my life. Waiting like 30 mins to get into the stadium and another 15 waiting in line to pee after drinking at 10am for a 7:25 game.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That should do it for the Bills. Lack of a running game didn't help, but Josh Allen was not particularly good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I don’t know what’s more impressive; the job the Bengal OLine (lacking starters) did in dominating the Bills defense, or the blitz package the Bengal D has employed all day. I haven’t counted how many players blitzed and how many angles they came from. But this was really aggressive play calling. And it worked almost 100%.

I don’t know if they can sustain that two more weeks, but if they can, the Chiefs and the NFC don’t stand much chance.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 16:45
That should do it for the Bills. Lack of a running game didn't help, but Josh Allen was not particularly good.
Yeah, some bad passes by Josh, but combination of everything. No one stepping up, poor blocks, strangely effective pass rush packages that just went unblocked. Cincy dominated both sides of the line.

Romo was right earlier though, it’s gunna be Mahomes and Allen and/or Burrow in every AFC Championship game the next decade.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 16:19
Maybe one day bills will learn that teams that play in the snow in January should develop a run game
I was watching this game and it reminded me so much of us. OP team that is the higher seed with a prominent QB and passing offense (and some injuries on defense) and then they just get destroyed by a tougher lower seeded team who is also seemingly more prepared for the cold.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 16:26
go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2023 16:02
BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 14:29
Cincy up 14 early.

I was at a divisional round game once when we started out down 14-0 at home.

Turned out pretty well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 120gnb.htm
Best game I have ever been to in my entire life.
‘Twas. Especially when my wife is around, I call it the best day of my life.

Although with @NCF, some of the most intense discomfort I’ve ever experienced in my life. Waiting like 30 mins to get into the stadium and another 15 waiting in line to pee after drinking at 10am for a 7:25 game.
It was a 3:15 game.

I was in the endzone where Favre threw TDs to Jennings and did his left to Donald Lee as he was going to the ground. In the 2nd half, I couldn't see the game when it was beyond the 30 yardline. I had to rely on the screams of the crowd to know that Ryan Grant was still running.

It was so warm that day too. Like 34 degrees. I was comfortable in a sweatshirt.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Bengals were a joy to watch today. I have a feeling this team is going to dominate for a long time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Same, we had &%$@ end zone seats. Especially with Seattle wearing their white if they were defending our end zone. Couldn’t see a damn thing on the far side of the field. Could just hear the crowd cheer or sigh, and we turn around and watch the replay behind us then high five and what not after rewatching. Remember chanting ‘4 more years, 4 more years’ like all 4th quarter when Bretty was chucking snow balls.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2023 17:19
The Bengals were a joy to watch today. I have a feeling this team is going to dominate for a long time.
Once they lose their coordinators, we’ll see. But for now, YEAH.

Romo made the point a couple of times about how Cincy plays their offense differently, like Peyton Manning used to. Come to the line, read the defense, and then call the play best suited for that D. I’m sure there are only a few QBs who can do that. (Ours has been doing it for years. Lol.)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
I know they are good, but I think KC is bringing their A game next week and it will be built around Mahomes being immobile. Not saying Cincy got lucky last year, but I just really see KC winning.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Jan 2023 17:30
go pak go wrote:
Once they lose their coordinators, we’ll see. But for now, YEAH.

Romo made the point a couple of times about how Cincy plays their offense differently, like Peyton Manning used to. Come to the line, read the defense, and then call the play best suited for that D. I’m sure there are only a few QBs who can do that. (Ours has been doing it for years. Lol.)
All NFL QBs should be able to do that till varying degrees of success. Audibles are essentially this.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote: Romo was right earlier though, it’s gunna be Mahomes and Allen and/or Burrow in every AFC Championship game the next decade.
Throw in Trevor Lawrence and the AFC playoffs will be fun to watch over the next decade.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 17:36
go pak go wrote:
I know they are good, but I think KC is bringing their A game next week and it will be built around Mahomes being immobile. Not saying Cincy got lucky last year, but I just really see KC winning.
I don’t think so. I see it the same as this week. Chiefs defense is so bad the Bengals are just gonna stomp them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Cowboys kicker missed the PAT again?!? :messedup:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Dont see how a mobile qb being immobile could be seen as an advantage
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2023 18:50
Cowboys kicker missed the PAT again?!? :messedup:
It actually got blocked, but as it came off his foot it looked like it would've been wide left
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2023 19:01
Dont see how a mobile qb being immobile could be seen as an advantage
It wasn’t, calm yourself down.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

The Cowboys' and 49ers' defenses make the Packers' look like garbage.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

You have to play so disciplined to beat the 49ers in a playoff game. This defense is just next level.
Cancelled by the forum elites.