Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Jan 2023 15:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2023 14:53
I do believe Bootybumst and LaFleur forced Rodgers on Bisaccia. I believe the Packers made so many mistakes with Rodgers. He would have been fine in the slot but they made moves for Cobb and preferred Lazard in the slot as well. Aaron Rodgers wanted Cobb because the franchise miserably failed to acquire weapons so he felt he needed to force their hand which was correct but they player he wanted was not. Then they tried to force Amari to have a role as a returned which he clearly wasn’t and it forced their hand to cut him.

He actually wasn’t terrible with the Texans as a real receiver. I had said all along if the Packers just stayed patient and let him play that role next year he would be fine. Instead they cut him because he couldn’t be the returner they were forcing him to be.

A true disaster of a move from a dog &%$@ GM.
Correction: The Packers cut Rogers because he continued to cough up the ball.
Or did we just put him in a situation he clearly wasn’t meant to be in?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Aaron Rodgers wanted Cobb because the franchise miserably failed to acquire weapons so he felt he needed to force their hand which was correct but they player he wanted was not.
No, Rodgers wanted Cobb because he likes to have friends on the team that make it "fun" for him to come to work.

For all this talk about how Rodgers needs guys he can trust, are assignment-sure, and all this other crap at WR (to justify Rodgers not throwing to them)... he had pretty much all of that in Cobb *plus* Adams two seasons ago to draw attention away from Cobb, and yet Rodgers hardly threw his way at all.

Of course, Cobb is a pure slot, meaning you often have to pass over the middle to get the ball to him, and we can't have that. The ball might get tipped at the line and intercepted! :o :shock:

He actually wasn’t terrible with the Texans as a real receiver. I had said all along if the Packers just stayed patient and let him play that role next year he would be fine. Instead they cut him because he couldn’t be the returner they were forcing him to be.
This appears to be true, Rodgers is a passable receiver going off of how he's played with Houston, but then he was such a screw-up here that that change of scenery may have been needed first. Regardless, the guy is not explosive, nor does he present any mismatches with his size, so at most we lost a JAG slot. You can find that every year in UDFA.

It was a mistake to draft him in the third, cutting him wasn't that big of a deal.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2023 15:11
Scott4Pack wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I do believe Bootybumst and LaFleur forced Rodgers on Bisaccia. I believe the Packers made so many mistakes with Rodgers. He would have been fine in the slot but they made moves for Cobb and preferred Lazard in the slot as well. Aaron Rodgers wanted Cobb because the franchise miserably failed to acquire weapons so he felt he needed to force their hand which was correct but they player he wanted was not. Then they tried to force Amari to have a role as a returned which he clearly wasn’t and it forced their hand to cut him.

What was his 'meant to be' position?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (47.92 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2023 15:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
Aaron Rodgers wanted Cobb because the franchise miserably failed to acquire weapons so he felt he needed to force their hand which was correct but they player he wanted was not.
No, Rodgers wanted Cobb because he likes to have friends on the team that make it "fun" for him to come to work.

For all this talk about how Rodgers needs guys he can trust, are assignment-sure, and all this other crap at WR (to justify Rodgers not throwing to them)... he had pretty much all of that in Cobb *plus* Adams two seasons ago to draw attention away from Cobb, and yet Rodgers hardly threw his way at all.

Of course, Cobb is a pure slot, meaning you often have to pass over the middle to get the ball to him, and we can't have that. The ball might get tipped at the line and intercepted! :o :shock:

This appears to be true, Rodgers is a passable receiver going off of how he's played with Houston, but then he was such a screw-up here that that change of scenery may have been needed first. Regardless, the guy is not explosive, nor does he present any mismatches with his size, so at most we lost a JAG slot. You can find that every year in UDFA.

It was a mistake to draft him in the third, cutting him wasn't that big of a deal.
when ya go back and look up Amari draft profiles, these are remarks ya see in every scouts review, and it is exactly what we saw for 2 years, the pluses where that he has a RB's body

Unpolished route runner and does a poor job selling routes, lacking much burst in and out of his breaks. Isn't the most natural pass catcher.
Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.

and Cobb had almost 1300 receiving yards in 2014 as a slot receiver, this crap that Rodgers doesn't like to throw inside the hashes is do to the lack of faith in the receivers we do have, I laughed my ass off watching Allen Lazard trip over his own feet running a short crossing route, Tonyan caught most of his 52 receptions right where you think Rodgers is scarred &%$@ to throw the ball 2 years ago.

Rodgers kept going to the well with the likes of Cooks and Bennett, Bennett couldn't catch a cold, and our brainy FO let Cooks get away, again you give Rodgers a receiver that he has faith wont screw up and he'll throw the guy the ball if he can separate enough to feed it to him.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 09:02
and Cobb had almost 1300 receiving yards in 2014 as a slot receiver,
2014 was almost a decade ago. A big difference between 2014 and 2022 is, Rodgers's legs were way more of a threat.

And Cobb had a knack for making plays on broken, improvised "scramble drill" plays. That's the real reason Cobb was so productive that year. Rodgers was also a little bit less hestitant to throw over the middle, but over time he has become less willing to do it.
this crap that Rodgers doesn't like to throw inside the hashes is do to the lack of faith in the receivers we do have,
What does Rodgers's lack of faith in receivers matter to where he throws the ball? If he's throwing to the outside all the time, it's still to the same receivers he lacks faith in, so that explains absolutely nothing.
Rodgers kept going to the well with the likes of Cooks and Bennett, Bennett couldn't catch a cold, and our brainy FO let Cooks get away, again you give Rodgers a receiver that he has faith wont screw up and he'll throw the guy the ball if he can separate enough to feed it to him.
"Cooks" was more of a receiver than a true TE, which is why Rodgers threw to him; his game was better suited to the way Rodgers likes to play. Bennett is a true TE, which is why he went to waste.

By the way, when I point out the 2016 team Brady took the distance, with hardly any receiver talent, people are like "OMG that's better than what we have, he had Bennett!!" Yeah well so did Rodgers. There's a reason Bennett produced with Brady and not Rodgers.
Last edited by Labrev on 23 Jan 2023 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop I am **all ears** if you have a better theory for why Rodgers hardly ever threw to Cobb in the last couple years after forcing us to trade for him.

Yes, he has missed some time with injuries, but even when healthy, Rodgers hardly used him.

And in 2021 we had Adams and MVS, so it's not like defenses were focused on taking Cobb away.

The idea that it's because Rodgers made us bring him back felt like he needed more weapons makes little sense because (1) Cobb is not much of a weapon, he could have demanded someone way more explosive; and (2) if Rodgers thought he was such a badly-needed weapon, why did he end up hardly ever throwing to him?

Face it, Rodgers just wants pals on the team who he can goof around with.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers rank in attempts over the middle:
2022 - 2nd
2021 - 16th
2020 - 25th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 18th
2016 - 16th
2015 - 9th
2014 - 10th
2012 - 9th
2011 - 15th
2010 - 18th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 7th
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

No. Rodgers had experience fielding punts in college too, and without fumbles. Yet, how many did he fumble here? Heck, I even saw him muff a punt and a pass in a practice session. Fault the coaches for letting that happen too long. But Rodgers should’ve been able to return punts.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2023 09:38
Rodgers rank in attempts over the middle:
2022 - 2nd
2021 - 16th
2020 - 25th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 18th
2016 - 16th
2015 - 9th
2014 - 10th
2012 - 9th
2011 - 15th
2010 - 18th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 7th
That is a telling stat for last year. But WHAT does it tell us?
1. Evolution of the scheme?
2. Broken thumb meant Rodgers couldn’t pass to the sidelines as well?
3. Rodgers finally giving in to MLF’s scheme?
4. Injuries and lack of experience to WRs meant more passes to RBs and TEs?
5. Something else?
6. All of the above?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 08:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

What was his 'meant to be' position?
on the bench :clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 Jan 2023 09:28
yoop I am **all ears** if you have a better theory for why Rodgers hardly ever threw to Cobb in the last couple years after forcing us to trade for him.

Yes, he has missed some time with injuries, but even when healthy, Rodgers hardly used him.

And in 2021 we had Adams and MVS, so it's not like defenses were focused on taking Cobb away.

The idea that it's because Rodgers made us bring him back felt like he needed more weapons makes little sense because (1) Cobb is not much of a weapon, he could have demanded someone way more explosive; and (2) if Rodgers thought he was such a badly-needed weapon, why did he end up hardly ever throwing to him?

Face it, Rodgers just wants pals on the team who he can goof around with.
dont give me this BS that Cooks wasn't a TE, 23 just brought varification that Rodgers did throw over the middle when he trusted the receivers he had years back, you whine when a pass gets tipped or picked over the middle and Whine if he doesn't throw there, your just a whinner
the freaking job of a slot receivers is to slide around and get open in tight quarters, could it be, as has been the case with the mentally challenged Amari Rodgers that Cobb just isn't as good as he use to be.

what Rodgers actually wants are dependable players, and of course players that can actually memorize a freaking hand signal versus newbies who would rather text there buddies, and you blame him for that, when Rodgers got upset with one of those 3 stooges for that &%$@ anyone with a lick of common sense applauded him.

I get a kick out of people like you Labrev, you'll hate on Rodgers now, yet be the first in line to celebrate his induction to the HOF, his number retirement, and name on the ring

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

23 just brought varification that Rodgers did throw over the middle when he trusted the receivers he had years back
I did not bring evidence of that as 2022 invalidates that theory.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:26
I get a kick out of people like you Labrev, you'll hate on Rodgers now, yet be the first in line to celebrate his induction to the HOF, his number retirement, and name on the ring
Seriously curious as to how you know this.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:31
23 just brought varification that Rodgers did throw over the middle when he trusted the receivers he had years back
and I actually didn't say you did, if you didn't want the first part of the decade when he threw more in the center, or for me to use the data you brought to support my opinion, then DON"T BRING IT, and I won't use it

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:48
Yoop wrote:
no your not

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:57
Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:
no your not

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:16
Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:57
Half Empty wrote:

no your not
if you have a opinion state it, I said what I said because thats what people do, they rag on a player till ice cubes melt in hell, then as time passes think back to how good/great that player actually was, maybe you don't, when it comes to you, I havn't the faintest idea.

when you ask what position Rodgers should have been played at, same thing, state your opinion, obviously Rodgers was a WR, so where the hell do u think he'd be used at? again, if ya have something to say, just say it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:31
and I actually didn't say you did, if you didn't want the first part of the decade when he threw more in the center, or for me to use the data you brought to support my opinion, then DON"T BRING IT, and I won't use it
What? You literally said I did... "23 just brought varification..."

In fact, I did not bring verification for your opinion as 2022 proves that opinion to be incorrect.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
what Rodgers actually wants are dependable players, and of course players that can actually memorize a freaking hand signal versus newbies who would rather text there buddies, and you blame him for that, when Rodgers got upset with one of those 3 stooges for that &%$@ anyone with a lick of common sense applauded him.
And yet Rodgers didn't actually use the "dependable" Cobb more than the darn kids who just charge they phone, eat hot chip and lie. He threw more passes to Watson than Cobb, and more passes to Doubs than Cobb.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/n ... s/dir/desc

Rodgers forced us to go get Cobb because he needs "dependable" guys at WR. Then he got *EXACTLY* what he asked for at WR, and he largely neglected to use it.

could it be, as has been the case with the mentally challenged Amari Rodgers that Cobb just isn't as good as he use to be.
Of course Cobb is not as good as he used to be, but if a guy like Rodgers is going to harp on wanting guys he trusts like Cobb (or Kumerow, or whoever), he needs to show that the production we get from him throwing to those guys is worth it, as opposed to getting cheaper guys with better talent but have a learning-curve, like Doubs or MVS.

And Cobb is not going to be any better next season, one year older. Our younger receivers OTOH actually might be better next year. And yet, Rodgers said just a few days ago on McAfee that he wants us to bring Cobb back.

So Rodgers forced a trade for an older vet WR, extolling the need for trust from his receivers, only to not use him much at all, yet even after the two of them not producing very much together these past two years... he STILL wants us to bring him back. :|

Face it, I'm right: there is no good sense to what Rodgers wants. He's just a diva.
—Magneto