The Playoffs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I hate the city of Philadelphia. It’s filled with sports fans that act sub-human. I can appreciate many of their players. Is it possible for me to like the Eagles to win but the fans not get anything? Lol.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2023 17:12
I hate the city of Philadelphia. It’s filled with sports fans that act sub-human. I can appreciate many of their players. Is it possible for me to like the Eagles to win but the fans not get anything? Lol.
Yeah I don't like the people from Philly either. Except for Mac, Dee, Dennis, Frank, and Charlie.
p8771921_b_v10_ab.jpg
p8771921_b_v10_ab.jpg (923.97 KiB) Viewed 497 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This cannot possibly be true, can it?

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Considering that Montana won one and Young none...https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ayoffs.htm

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2023 12:49
This cannot possibly be true, can it?

This would be the only game: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 080chi.htm

However both were on the team at the time.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Didn't notice this live, but... Kittle is ineligible.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (682.35 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'm going to say Bengals and Eagles coming out. Bengals only for the fact that the Bengals seem to have had the Chiefs number. I think the Eagles can pressure the &%$@ out of Purdy and force him into mistakes. I won't put any money on the Bengals, but I would the Eagles.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Mahomes was 100%, I would have said Chiefs, but I think a gimpy Mahomes holds them back too much against a good defense, and Chiefs D does not look equipped to stop the Bengals' offense.

Eagles match up more than adequately against SanFran and just flat-out have better talent.

Bengals-Eagles SuperBowl.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

your you tube shows that Kittle was actually eligible, two receivers allowed on the los, and the receivers next to Kittle isn't, a TE can line up on the los, and go out for a pass as long as only one other receivers lines up on the LOS.

great play design, great throw and stupendous catch.

these 4 teams seem very evenly matched, I wont bother to predict a outcome, just a guess, the teams that makes the least mistakes will prevail.

KC, been good a long while, minus the luxury of drafting top 10 for like ever, so I want them to beat Cinci who needed that to be who they are.

same with Philly, but I've never liked the Eagles, so I want Purdy to play mistake free and allow the vet talent to get er done

these should be a couple of great games :banana:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:29
your you tube shows that Kittle was actually eligible, two receivers allowed on the los, and the receivers next to Kittle isn't, a TE can line up on the los, and go out for a pass as long as only one other receivers lines up on the LOS.

If a player lined up on the line of scrimmage also has a player outside him lined up on the line of scrimmage that player is ineligible. That is what makes Kittle ineligible.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:41
Yoop wrote:

If a player lined up on the line of scrimmage also has a player outside him lined up on the line of scrimmage that player is ineligible. That is what makes Kittle ineligible.
he's not on the LOS.

Kittle explained this on McAffery show and you clip probably shows that Juice isn't on the LOS

He's no more covered then a slot receiver would be, thats not a OL lined up outside of him, it's the FB, as long as 0nly 2 receivers are on the los and there isn't a OL man lined up outside of them also on the los, then both those receivers on the LOS are eligible.
Last edited by Yoop on 29 Jan 2023 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

he's not on the LOS.

Kittle explained this on McAffery show and you clip probably shows that Juice isn't on the LOS
If Kittle or even Juszczyk is not on the line of scrimmage then the tackles are not either and it is an illegal formation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:55
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

he's not on the LOS.

If Kittle is not on the line of scrimmage then the tackles are not either and it is an illegal formation.
KITTLE IS ON THE LOS, as is Ayuik, no OL outside of them, and no other receiver on the los, basically Kittle is your slot receiver, perfectly legal, what confused Dallas is so was the FB

just think if we had the experienced skill position players Lafleuer could scheme up this type of deception, sure fooled the hell out of you

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:55
Yoop wrote:

he's not on the LOS.

If Kittle is not on the line of scrimmage then the tackles are not either and it is an illegal formation.
KITTLE IS ON THE LOS, as is Ayuik, no OL outside of them, and no other receiver on the los, basically Kittle is your slot receiver, perfectly legal, what confused Dallas is so was the FB

just think if we had the experienced skill position players Lafleuer could scheme up this type of deception, sure fooled the hell out of you
Only 1 of these things can be true:
1. Juszczyk and the tackles are off the line of scrimmage
2. Juszczyk and the tackles are on the line of scrimmage

Both would lead to a penalty on the play. It is either not enough men on the line or Kittle was ineligible.

https://sports.yahoo.com/george-kittle- ... 17588.html

Kittle says he was not supposed to go out for a pass. Most likely because he was not supposed to be eligible.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

your right, I thought it was only OL man that he had to be outside of, but that FB had to be also.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Back to the Kittle thing, I am glad this is being discussed because I don't fully understand the rule.

I count 6 players on the LOS if you include the TE and FB. I don't consider the Tackles on the LOS and we can't see the WRs. If we assume at least 1 of the WRs is on the LOS, we then have 7 which is the minimum requirement.

Are we saying because the tackles were so far off and Kittle is on the LOS that this is what makes Kittle ineligible?

Because I see tackles off the line quite a bit in pass sets so I want to understand this more.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Jan 2023 11:15
Back to the Kittle thing, I am glad this is being discussed because I don't fully understand the rule.

I count 6 players on the LOS if you include the TE and FB. I don't consider the Tackles on the LOS and we can't see the WRs. If we assume at least 1 of the WRs is on the LOS, we then have 7 which is the minimum requirement.

Are we saying because the tackles were so far off and Kittle is on the LOS that this is what makes Kittle ineligible?

Because I see tackles off the line quite a bit in pass sets so I want to understand this more.
If the tackles are not on the LOS then neither is Juszczyk, so it would be only Kittle, 2 Gs, 1 C, and the WR on the line, so 5. Illegal Formation.
If both tackles are on the LOS then Juszczyk is, so Kittle, also being on the line, can not go out for a pass. Ineligible receiver down field. This is due to an eligible number being covered up by another player(Juszczyk) on the LOS outside of him.

General rule of thumb when looking at on or off the LOS for inline players is that they must break the plain of the Cs butt.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2023 12:44
:lol: