Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:12
APB wrote:
26 Jan 2023 13:50
Ya'lls points have become so convoluted I have no idea the arguments you boys are even making :aok: :beer2: anymore... :dunno:
who's points are convoluted? the only one here using what if scenarios is Labrev. :munch:
We should take this as win Yoop. They let us know when we lose arguments, for this one to be deemed a tie means we won big!!

Obvious a receiving Corp with juju is better than one with Sammy Watkins instead.

:beer2:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If we're just going to throw out names of average WR's, can we begin a 2 page argument about Tyler Boyd next?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NY Jets hire Hackett as OC.

In case we had any doubt of the rumors that they want Rodgers something fierce, this settles it.

And honestly, awesome. At this point, I am actively cheering for other teams to try to make themselves more attractive destinations for him than Green Bay. NYJ already had a lot for him to like, and this should be a major draw. Rodgers by all accounts (including himself) loved playing for Hackett.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Labrev wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:51
NY Jets hire Hackett as OC.

In case we had any doubt of the rumors that they want Rodgers something fierce, this settles it.

And honestly, awesome. At this point, I am actively cheering for other teams to try to make themselves more attractive destinations for him than Green Bay. NYJ already had a lot for him to like, and this should be a major draw. Rodgers by all accounts (including himself) loved playing for Hackett.
Please let this be true.

They need a LT too. Take Bak and Rodgers...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:30
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Ya'lls points have become so convoluted I have no idea the arguments you boys are even making :aok: :beer2: anymore... :dunno:
who's points are convoluted? the only one here using what if scenarios is Labrev. :munch:
We should take this as win Yoop. They let us know when we lose arguments, for this one to be deemed a tie means we won big!!

Obvious a receiving Corp with juju is better than one with Sammy Watkins instead.

Yeah I think we can easily say with hindsight that BG made the wrong move on spending the $2 million on Watkins compared to the $4 million on JuJu.
JuJu would have been the better investment. No question.

But I don't think the move by itself would be material enough to move the needle of GB being an 8-9 team to GB being a legit final 4 team and #1 seed. Perhaps either NYG, NYJ or WASH could have tilted our way, but there were other games that we are losing regardless. Like we lost to TN and DET for reasons outside of who was running the routes.

But JuJu was definitely the better investment. No question.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:25
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Ya'lls points have become so convoluted I have no idea the arguments you boys are even making anymore... :dunno:
who's points are convoluted? the only one here using what if scenarios is Labrev.
Oh come on yoop. Your entire existence on this forum has literally been:

"Rodgers would have X Super Bowls if Gutey drafted WRs in a specific range of rounds from 2016 - 2020."
your exaggerating, I've received so much push back on the reality that the lack of skill position talent has hindered and made everything we do offensively much harder, we are limited with backfield deception, jet sweeps ( we hardly used that till Watson was ready) we all know why we tend to do well with stacked receiver sets, no one has to run a pass route, duhhhhhhhh lol.

again as I've said to you guys, blaming Rodgers for a few gaffs a game, over looking worse play from the supporting cast is nothing but looking for someone to blame and nit picking Rodgers in the process.

if you have a Rodgers at QB, you do what Thompson did, every other year you take a receiver somewhere in the top 60 slots, why he stopped doing that after 2014 is obviously what I disagree with, and it turned into not doing it for 8 years, and you think it didn't hinder this offense, or Rodgers, see this is where you and I can't agree.

yes the offense has been pretty good, till we face a Niners or another defense that can stop the run, get great pass rush, or cover very well, then the lack offensive impact players rears it's ugly head, and I'am not saying anything that you havn't watched happen, Lazard open on this play, or Tonyan on another, happens in every game, obviously the QB mistake on some, but usually it's because the QB had something else occupying his concentration, like a pass rusher, if we look at the all 22 with other teams as I think your guy Andy Herman commented, we could pick apart the play of every QB, and I agree with that.

Rodgers didn't have a good season, but that is uncharacteristic of him as we know, better talent= better Rodgers, thats in his history, we all saw what he can do, how he can spread the ball around to as many as 9 + different players, again did he over a 3 or 4 year span lose his peripheral vision? nah, I'll stick to what other teams do, the more impact offensive players you have the better, doesn't guarantee a Lombardi, nothing does, but it sure increases the odds you'll compete for one.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'll feel really sorry if this backfires for him again, though, and he's left trying to coach up another terrible QB named Wilson that will also probably get him fired.

Hackett, that is. C'mon fate, be good to him this time....
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2023 16:22
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

who's points are convoluted? the only one here using what if scenarios is Labrev.
Oh come on yoop. Your entire existence on this forum has literally been:

"Rodgers would have X Super Bowls if Gutey drafted WRs in a specific range of rounds from 2016 - 2020."
your exaggerating, I've received so much push back on the reality that the lack of skill position talent has hindered and made everything we do offensively much harder, we are limited with backfield deception, jet sweeps ( we hardly used that till Watson was ready) we all know why we tend to do well with stacked receiver sets, no one has to run a pass route, duhhhhhhhh lol.

again as I've said to you guys, blaming Rodgers for a few gaffs a game, over looking worse play from the supporting cast is nothing but looking for someone to blame and nit picking Rodgers in the process.

if you have a Rodgers at QB, you do what Thompson did, every other year you take a receiver somewhere in the top 60 slots, why he stopped doing that after 2014 is obviously what I disagree with, and it turned into not doing it for 8 years, and you think it didn't hinder this offense, or Rodgers, see this is where you and I can't agree.

yes the offense has been pretty good, till we face a Niners or another defense that can stop the run, get great pass rush, or cover very well, then the lack offensive impact players rears it's ugly head, and I'am not saying anything that you havn't watched happen, Lazard open on this play, or Tonyan on another, happens in every game, obviously the QB mistake on some, but usually it's because the QB had something else occupying his concentration, like a pass rusher, if we look at the all 22 with other teams as I think your guy Andy Herman commented, we could pick apart the play of every QB, and I agree with that.

Rodgers didn't have a good season, but that is uncharacteristic of him as we know, better talent= better Rodgers, thats in his history, we all saw what he can do, how he can spread the ball around to as many as 9 + different players, again did he over a 3 or 4 year span lose his peripheral vision? nah, I'll stick to what other teams do, the more impact offensive players you have the better, doesn't guarantee a Lombardi, nothing does, but it sure increases the odds you'll compete for one.
:lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"You're exaggerating"...followed by 4 long paragraphs with the same winded rant.

No I'm not exaggerating. This exact post is literally what I am talking about. :lol:
Last edited by go pak go on 26 Jan 2023 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Unfair spot to put Romeo Doubs in. Now this soundbite is going to be a replayed over and over.

You could tell he was caught off guard.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2023 17:19

The first step to the Packers ruling the North with Doubs, Watson and Love lightning up Lambeau with positive intense air assault vibe has been taken. Great to see! :aok:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Doubs is like 22 and Rodgers 39.

It would be strange for them to be hanging out socially.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2023 18:07
Doubs is like 22 and Rodgers 39.

It would be strange for them to be hanging out socially.
Poor child, he didn't get to hob nob with the oldest guy on the team, I suppose Rodgers is expected to book diner dates with the players now

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have beers with my 22/23/24/25 year old coworkers and I am 41. When I was in my 20s the older coworkers would invite us out or to their places for a drink or 7. Nothing strange about any of it...

Of course, there isn't anything strange about them not hanging out either...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think if you're a (good) Leader, you need to be able to cultivate strong bonds with your teammates. And if it's a guy you work as much with as a WR when you're a QB, it's important.

I don't care if Rodgers and, like, Quay Walker are close. Him and Doubs though, probably worth having some good rapport.

Doesn't mean they have to "hang out" outside the facility per se. But no, I don't think the age gap means they should be strangers.
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:04
Labrev wrote:
26 Jan 2023 12:56
You can run an offense though a Jordy or Kelce. You can't run it through a Cobb, which is why NOT being WR1 was actually *more* productive for him. Juju is not Jordy or Kelce, he is Cobb. And that's why no team, not even his current team, pays him to be a feature WR. They actually value MVS more than him, both in terms of $ and snaps.
Careful how you spread that info around. It might lead some people to think that MVS is potentially a WR2-ish guy.
Lol
no Coach in this league would purposely depend on Scantling to be his #2 receiver, the only reason would be do to injury, last season he had a 47% catch rate, this season 51%, receivers
with that bad a catch rate don't get to be #2 receivers Scott, he rounds his routes and doesn't have good hands, he got 10 mil from KC because his speed is exceptional, and that forces a deep safety to pay attention, but thats it, and he's peaked, there is no more to expect from MVS. sorry to disagree Buddy :hide:
I hear what you say. But you know what, I think you still haven’t addressed what I said. I did not say that MVS IS what I would want as WR2 and I did not say that is is the ideal WR2. I didn’t say maybe any of the stuff that you addressed. What I said was that MVS is still better than many WR2s in the league. I’ll stand by that.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
26 Jan 2023 18:48
I think if you're a (good) Leader, you need to be able to cultivate strong bonds with your teammates. And if it's a guy you work as much with as a WR when you're a QB, it's important.

I don't care if Rodgers and, like, Quay Walker are close. Him and Doubs though, probably worth having some good rapport.

Doesn't mean they have to "hang out" outside the facility per se. But no, I don't think the age gap means they should be strangers.
Yes. And with what those guys get paid, frankly, I would expect that every moment they are in the facility or engaged in team activities, that they are working to bond with each other. All of them all the time. They are team athletes. Higher expectations.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Jan 2023 15:37
If we're just going to throw out names of average WR's, can we begin a 2 page argument about Tyler Boyd next?
Tyler Boyd would have been better than Sammy Watkins too, now that you mention it. Not sure he was available though.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

what they get paid to do is to catch catchable passes, these where obvious drops, imho there where many more that should have been also caught.

If Doubs needs a personal relationship so he doesn't drop passes, then his head is in the wrong place to start with

Pro Football Reference’s list of drops for the Packers:

WR Romeo Doubs: 9
RB A.J. Dillon: 7
WR Allen Lazard: 6
RB Aaron Jones: 6
WR Christian Watson: 4
WR Randall Cobb: 2
TE Josiah Deguara: 2
WR Sammy Watkins: 2
TE Robert Tonyan: 1
TE Marcedes Lewis: 1
WR Juwann Winfree: 1

For comparison’s sake, consider that the Packers only dropped 13 of Rodgers’ passes in 2021, and no player had more than three.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drops-were ... 17680.html

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
26 Jan 2023 18:48

Doubs and AR can still have a good relationship and not go out for a beer after work.