Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2023 17:24
Unfair spot to put Romeo Doubs in. Now this soundbite is going to be a replayed over and over.

You could tell he was caught off guard.
I can be critical of Rodgers and also realize that this is sensational garbage reporting to the extreme. But, hey, I bet they got their clicks.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Also, I never played football beyond high school, but I learned enough about team dynamics through the experience to understand how it works. This, "we're all brothers" BS is not the reality of how teams exist, especially large teams like professional football. You don't all have to be friends and you don't even have to like everyone on the team. You can have a respectful relationship that caters to all the ideals of team unity without being friends.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 07:33
what they get paid to do is to catch catchable passes, these where obvious drops, imho there where many more that should have been also caught.

If Doubs needs a personal relationship so he doesn't drop passes, then his head is in the wrong place to start with

Pro Football Reference’s list of drops for the Packers:

WR Romeo Doubs: 9
RB A.J. Dillon: 7
WR Allen Lazard: 6
RB Aaron Jones: 6
WR Christian Watson: 4
WR Randall Cobb: 2
TE Josiah Deguara: 2
WR Sammy Watkins: 2
TE Robert Tonyan: 1
TE Marcedes Lewis: 1
WR Juwann Winfree: 1

For comparison’s sake, consider that the Packers only dropped 13 of Rodgers’ passes in 2021, and no player had more than three.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drops-were ... 17680.html

Doubs did not actually drop any of those passes. He let them hit the ground on purpose to tell the FO he was tired of playing with an erratic QB. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
27 Jan 2023 09:00
Yoop wrote:
what they get paid to do is to catch catchable passes, these where obvious drops, imho there where many more that should have been also caught.

If Doubs needs a personal relationship so he doesn't drop passes, then his head is in the wrong place to start with

For comparison’s sake, consider that the Packers only dropped 13 of Rodgers’ passes in 2021, and no player had more than three.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drops-were ... 17680.html

Doubs did not actually drop any of those passes. He let them hit the ground on purpose to tell the FO he was tired of playing with an erratic QB. 8-)
keep thinking like that, you'll go far as a arm chair attendee, did you bother to read the article?

from 3rd in the league to last in one season, cripes, our WR's act like there defensive run stoppers, hopefully worst in the league pass catchers doesn't trend like our defense

He'll need to do better next year or Rodgers wont bother to throw him the ball, he'll we'll probably trade him, he wont even be around when Love takes over in 2025

Hers another that shows that it's more important to get along with a position coach then peer players

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mac-jones- ... 18994.html
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Jan 2023 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 Jan 2023 08:17
Also, I never played football beyond high school, but I learned enough about team dynamics through the experience to understand how it works. This, "we're all brothers" BS is not the reality of how teams exist, especially large teams like professional football. You don't all have to be friends and you don't even have to like everyone on the team. You can have a respectful relationship that caters to all the ideals of team unity without being friends.
I did, and hardly any of the players hung around with each other outside of practice and games, obviously if your a rookie or new player and in a unfamiliar town you may hang with team mates till ya meet more people, but like so much media trivia what Doubs said is probably the norm, can you see Brady going to supper with a bunch of rookies? not me

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 Jan 2023 08:14
go pak go wrote:
Unfair spot to put Romeo Doubs in. Now this soundbite is going to be a replayed over and over.

I can be critical of Rodgers and also realize that this is sensational garbage reporting to the extreme. But, hey, I bet they got their clicks.
I will also say this. A football team is huge. You won't be close to everyone just like you won't be close to everyone at your company.

However, to be a quality team, you should work to build trust, camaraderie, accountability with your intimate group. I do have relationship building sessions with my executive team every quarter. I also have relationship building events for my finance team. I believe strongly in them.

And though it isn't necessary, I also don't know how a leader can't buy into it being important to being successful.

Rodgers doesn't need to be at an intimate level with Darnell Savage. But he should for his Oline and WR group.

You can't in one breath talk about how football is a team game and in another breath not embrace becoming a team.

So I do find it troubling no extra effort was put forth to build a relationship with his young WR. But I also hate the position the media put Doubs on that question.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2023 10:10
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I will also say this. A football team is huge. You won't be close to everyone just like you won't be close to everyone at your company.

However, to be a quality team, you should work to build trust, camaraderie, accountability with your intimate group. I do have relationship building sessions with my executive team every quarter. I also have relationship building events for my finance team. I believe strongly in them.

And though it isn't necessary, I also don't know how a leader can't buy into it being important to being successful.

Rodgers doesn't need to be at an intimate level with Darnell Savage. But he should for his Oline and WR group.

You can't in one breath talk about how football is a team game and in another breath not embrace becoming a team.

So I do find it troubling no extra effort was put forth to build a relationship with his young WR. But I also hate the position the media put Doubs on that question.
sounds great, good luck trying to get people to do exactly what you want them to do, your describing two different set of circumstances, you get to demand the preferred response, which is civility in the office, or you can fire them, what they don't have to do is like it, there fore it ends up just being superficial, it's naive to think people will conform to your demand in any setting, no matter how many meetings you have.

Walmart years ago did about the same thing, and obviously still do, I think most Co's want there employee's to have a good working relationship

anyway Walmart ( concerned with employee health and keeping insurance cost low) started a mandatory exercise session at the start of every work shift, unless you had a physician's written excuse to opt out, so everyone got there family doctor for that, WAlmart dropped that shortly later, point is you can lead a horse to water, but...........

one other note, if someone ask you a question about another employee, if you have nothing positive to say, you either change the subject, say nothing, or a little white lie, like we talk just football, what you don't do is say something so negative as Doubs did, which translates in the media as though your QB doesn't like you.
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Jan 2023 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

why not call a spade a spade.

When you are relying on three rookies because the GM never replaced Adams with any adequate vets, and you have aspirations to "run it back" and go for a super bowl...and you make 50milion dollars...maybe you should go over the top to make up for lost time to build chemistry with the guys you will be relying on. Rodgers needed the rookies this year if he wanted to win a SB. My guess is the offseason drugs were just more important to him than a super bowl, because showing up to all the offseason stuff would have been a good start to getting to know the guys and building chemistry.

Rodgers should know he NEEDS to get to know those guys because he NEEDS them if he wants to win a super bowl...truth is Rodgers just doesnt care about winning a SB
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
27 Jan 2023 08:17
Yup, as long as all together have their eyes on the goal and work toward that end.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:

So PFR is an acceptable authority to you on drops. Cool.

Let's go ahead and total up those drops, and then divide by 17 to get a per-game drop rate, shall we?

I got 41 total drops. Divide that by 17, and we get......
Spoiler
2.41176 drops per game
:shock: :o :oops: :o :shock:

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 09:19
keep thinking like that, you'll go far as a arm chair attendee,
Yup!! :mrgreen:
from 3rd in the league to last in one season, cripes, our WR's act like there defensive run stoppers, hopefully worst in the league pass catchers doesn't trend like our defense
Okay, serious talk now.

For all your finger-wagging about not appreciating things while they're good, and how us Darn Kids should have to suffer worse outcomes to see what really futility is like....

.... you most certainly did not appreciate that "3rd in the league"-least drops year; you complained about WRs that year as constantly as this year.

I just don't think the supporting cast on O will ever be good enough for you, my man.

2022 was actually a great year for you. You complained about WRs like always, but this season you got to actually be right and say 'toldya so' for once! :)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 10:54

When you are relying on three rookies because the GM never replaced Adams with any adequate vets, and you have aspirations to "run it back" and go for a super bowl...and you make 50milion dollars...maybe you should go over the top to make up for lost time to build chemistry with the guys you will be relying on. Rodgers needed the rookies this year if he wanted to win a SB. My guess is the offseason drugs were just more important to him than a super bowl, because showing up to all the offseason stuff would have been a good start to getting to know the guys and building chemistry.

Rodgers should know he NEEDS to get to know those guys because he NEEDS them if he wants to win a super bowl...truth is Rodgers just doesnt care about winning a SB
obviously you' nailed this train of thought, I bet you play a lot of wall darts, I prefer the old baseball wall darts myself, I can toss them almost blind folded and still get a base hit :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 10:49
go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2023 10:10
NCF wrote:

sounds great, good luck trying to get people to do exactly what you want them to do, your describing two different set of circumstances, you get to demand the preferred response, which is civility in the office, or you can fire them, what they don't have to do is like it, there fore it ends up just being superficial, it's naive to think people will conform to your demand in any setting, no matter how many meetings you have.

Walmart years ago did about the same thing, and obviously still do, I think most Co's want there employee's to have a good working relationship

anyway Walmart ( concerned with employee health and keeping insurance cost low) started a mandatory exercise session at the start of every work shift, unless you had a physician's written excuse to opt out, so everyone got there family doctor for that, WAlmart dropped that shortly later, point is you can lead a horse to water, but...........

one other note, if someone ask you a question about another employee, if you have nothing positive to say, you either change the subject, say nothing, or a little white lie, like we talk just football, what you don't do is say something so negative as Doubs did, which translates in the media as though your QB doesn't like you.
once again you are lowering the bar of our leader.

We don't have to force Rodgers to do anything. But by gawd I would hope he would want to do any of that stuff as effective teams should want to build trust. I don't do team building because my boss says I need to. I do team building because I value it. I have seen what trust delivers. My life is easier if I have a crew I trust and get along with. If Rodgers wants to have the strong relationships like he had with Jordy, Cobb, Jones...at least try to build that same thing with your new crew.

Doubs was put in a tough spot. I feel for him. He was caught off guard. He didn't know how to answer it. Romeo Doubs is the last person who should take any heat based on this interview.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:00
Yoop wrote:

So PFR is an acceptable authority to you on drops. Cool.

Let's go ahead and total up those drops, and then divide by 17 to get a per-game drop rate, shall we?

I got 41 total drops. Divide that by 17, and we get......
Spoiler
2.41176 drops per game
:shock: :o :oops: :o :shock:

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 09:19
keep thinking like that, you'll go far as a arm chair attendee,
Yup!! :mrgreen:
Okay, serious talk now.

For all your finger-wagging about not appreciating things while they're good, and how us Darn Kids should have to suffer worse outcomes to see what really futility is like....

.... you most certainly did not appreciate that "3rd in the league"-least drops year; you complained about WRs that year as constantly as this year.

I just don't think the supporting cast on O will ever be good enough for you, my man.

2022 was actually a great year for you. You complained about WRs like always, but this season you got to actually be right and say 'toldya so' for once! :)
doesn't matter how good the gun is, unless it's cocked and loaded it don't shoot, the point is, no, I don't think we've had the talent necessary at WR for about 6 or so years.

even if we where a run first team ya still need to be able to pass to win and not with just one Adams quality receiver, or a Jones ability receiver RB, up against stud defenses and they will limit two guys, as they have against us.

doesn't matter who records the drops, the narrow parameters for recording un caught passes limits what constitutes a DROP, but you see un caught passes that receivers often do catch, instead of agreeing they should have caught it, which they probably should have, you blame Rodgers for not delivering a easier to catch pass, maybe so, thing is we brought in those receivers to also make those tougher catches, and they didn't. you defend that &%$@, and just blame Rodgers.

and I complained because Guty like Thompson since 2014 quit drafting WR with more college pedigree, both for grist sakes focused so much on building a bottom 3rd of the league defense and over looking talent to improve the offense we can blame PO loses on the inability for either building a winning team, both relied on Rodgers to keep this offense scoring as the talent became depleted, so ya I'am certainly not happy about that, and why you and others defend that &%$@ boggles my mind, it really does, is that serious enough for you. :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Jan 2023 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:09
BS, your trying to raise it to whatever stipulations you have, and it doesn't always work out that way, in fact I know it doesn't, what do you think your the only person to ever be in charge of others or command people?

And Rodgers is not some wet behind the ear kid, you can be sure when younger Rodgers was a excellent team mate, as people age (players too) that rah rah stuff about job place harmony takes a back set to give me my MFing check, people work for rewards, and that comes in the form of a pay check, this spre de core stuff your trying to sell me has a short shelf life Brother Bro son :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:05
Drj820 wrote:

obviously you' nailed this train of thought, I bet you play a lot of wall darts, I prefer the old baseball wall darts myself, I can toss them almost blind folded and still get a base hit :lol:
?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:46
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

?
whats important to keep in mind is that the players union limits the practice time, even informal PT, your blaming Rodgers for conditions the league allowed, I was sarcastic because this is such over blown mallarky, other vets didn't go to volunteer workouts and OTA's either, and Rodgers isn't the guy who decided no starters for PS games.

people just trashing Rodgers over this media driven hype with Doubs is so nit picky :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:36
go pak go wrote:
BS, your trying to raise it to whatever stipulations you have, and it doesn't always work out that way, in fact I know it doesn't, what do you think your the only person to ever be in charge of others or command people?

And Rodgers is not some wet behind the ear kid, you can be sure when younger Rodgers was a excellent team mate, as people age (players too) that rah rah stuff about job place harmony takes a back set to give me my MFing check, people work for rewards, and that comes in the form of a pay check, this spre de core stuff your trying to sell me has a short shelf life Brother Bro son :lol:
Thank you for making my point.

I want a young player who is a good teammate. You know. The ones who win :lombardi:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2023 12:28
Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:36
go pak go wrote:

Thank you for making my point.

I want a young player who is a good teammate. You know. The ones who win :lombardi:
your point? you mean the point that you hold seminars to get people to respect one another and get along in a work place, the point that most workers in my age group has always taken for granted to simply hold a job, I suppose as useless as people in your age group have become it's probably a necessity to teach these basic job skills and requirements

what are you going to do fire every worker over 35?

give Rodgers some talent and he can do what Brady did, do you think Love would have taken us to the SB with the 22 ranked defense and ST, and the &%$@ show at WR, plus a OL as inconsistent as ours was, Love would have been lucky to win 4 games.

and you better hope his young ass becomes the real deal or you may not even see the play offs for years, your real quick to expect improvement simply because Rodgers is no longer the QB

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 12:03
Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:46
Yoop wrote:

?
whats important to keep in mind is that the players union limits the practice time, even informal PT, your blaming Rodgers for conditions the league allowed, I was sarcastic because this is such over blown mallarky, other vets didn't go to volunteer workouts and OTA's either, and Rodgers isn't the guy who decided no starters for PS games.

people just trashing Rodgers over this media driven hype with Doubs is so nit picky :thwap:
I didnt ask Rodgers to break any rules. Just asked the man we are paying 50 million dollars to attend OTAs with his rookie receivers so they can build some chemistry and be ready to score some points week one. We got slaughtered week one FYI.

Is asking the highest paid player on the team to attend OTAs too much to ask?