Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:39
Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:16
Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 11:57

no your not
Seriously curious as to how you know this.
if you have a opinion state it, I said what I said because thats what people do, they rag on a player till ice cubes melt in hell, then as time passes think back to how good/great that player actually was, maybe you don't, when it comes to you, I havn't the faintest idea.

when you ask what position Rodgers should have been played at, same thing, state your opinion, obviously Rodgers was a WR, so where the hell do u think he'd be used at? again, if ya have something to say, just say it.
Wow, typical Yoop. My first response was questioning how you knew Labrev was going to react to Rodgers' awards affter he retires, and my second was how you know that I didn't really question the first time. All I'm saying is that I seriously doubt that you know how either he or I think (or will think) or feel (or will feel) about anything.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:56
Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:39
Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:16

Seriously curious as to how you know this.
if you have a opinion state it, I said what I said because thats what people do, they rag on a player till ice cubes melt in hell, then as time passes think back to how good/great that player actually was, maybe you don't, when it comes to you, I havn't the faintest idea.

when you ask what position Rodgers should have been played at, same thing, state your opinion, obviously Rodgers was a WR, so where the hell do u think he'd be used at? again, if ya have something to say, just say it.
Wow, typical Yoop. My first response was questioning how you knew Labrev was going to react to Rodgers' awards affter he retires, and my second was how you know that I didn't really question the first time. All I'm saying is that I seriously doubt that you know how either he or I think (or will think) or feel (or will feel) about anything.
again Packer fans will respond to Rodgers, the same why they reacted to Favre, it wont matter how he played this last season, he's another Packer player in the HOF, he's another Packer great that fans who now hate him will brag about after he's done playing.

there are people right in this forum, myself included that got pretty sick and tired of watching Favre end PO games with interceptions, and his last couple seasons as a Packer where ten times as bad as anything Rodgers has done, yet now, speak admirably, favorably, and brag about what Favre has done for the Packers, what you havn't done is voice your opinion on the matter, just questions, sooooo, if you don't have a opinion, why then ask the question? typical Half Empty

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Labrev wrote:
23 Jan 2023 12:52
And Cobb is not going to be any better next season, one year older. Our younger receivers OTOH actually might be better next year. And yet, Rodgers said just a few days ago on McAfee that he wants us to bring Cobb back.
Actually Rodgers said when you have that many young receivers you need veterans like Big Dog, Cobb, and Lazard to teach them how to be winners and great players. He would rather have older maybe not as physically gifted players, who he trusts, in the locker room to help these young guys reach their potential. He loved the locker room this year and thought we would contend.

Not sure I agree with him because it hasn't turned into any Super Bowls, which is the ultimate goal for these decisions.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

packman114 wrote:
23 Jan 2023 13:31
Labrev wrote:
And Cobb is not going to be any better next season, one year older. Our younger receivers OTOH actually might be better next year. And yet, Rodgers said just a few days ago on McAfee that he wants us to bring Cobb back.
Actually Rodgers said when you have that many young receivers you need veterans like Big Dog, Cobb, and Lazard to teach them how to be winners and great players. He would rather have older maybe not as physically gifted players, who he trusts, in the locker room to help these young guys reach their potential. He loved the locker room this year and thought we would contend.

Not sure I agree with him because it hasn't turned into any Super Bowls, which is the ultimate goal for these decisions.
He’s right that you need a strong veteran presence. But three vets in a group with about 7 players, one or two who are developmental, is asking a lot.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

So if my source at WI is right, and I really hope is isn't, Jim Leonard is going to be the Vikings new DC! If that happens it's because of two things: 1. We don't have a vacancy and 2. He is from pretty close to there

I really will be disappointed if this happens

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2023 14:55
packman114 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

He’s right that you need a strong veteran presence. But three vets in a group with about 7 players, one or two who are developmental, is asking a lot.
how is it now 3 in the group of 7, I count one WR, one TE, and a LT. and prior to this season it was Adams, this idea that Rodgers wants to keep a bunch of over the hill vets, and they are stopping Guty from bringing in young talent is such over the top ballony Scott, till this season Guty hasn't brought much to the offensive side of the ball at all, Amari Rodgers, big deal, a player that never even should have been drafted till around the 6th round if then.

ink sellers are making a fortune taking cheap shots at Rodgers

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2023 15:05
Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2023 14:55
packman114 wrote:

how is it now 3 in the group of 7, I count one WR, one TE, and a LT. and prior to this season it was Adams, this idea that Rodgers wants to keep a bunch of over the hill vets, and they are stopping Guty from bringing in young talent is such over the top ballony Scott, till this season Guty hasn't brought much to the offensive side of the ball at all, Amari Rodgers, big deal, a player that never even should have been drafted till around the 6th round if then.

ink sellers are making a fortune taking cheap shots at Rodgers
Sorry for my miscalculations. So make that 3 out of 9 to include the TE group. Only Tonyan and Lewis count for pass catchers, unless you want to add Deguara. And then that’s 3 of 10, That’s 30% of your receiving group. I’ll still hold my point as valid.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think this tweet from Bukowski is very much relatable to what some posters here - [mention]texas[/mention] [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] if memory serves - have been saying. We've been a mf'er (or two) short when it comes to bringing the juice at crunch time.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2023 14:24
We've been a mf'er (or two) short
...not around this place.

I'd say we're a couple over the limit :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
I think this tweet from Bukowski is very much relatable to what some posters here - @texas @lupedafiasco if memory serves - have been saying. We've been a mf'er (or two) short when it comes to bringing the juice at crunch time.

That M'fer certainly Z'darius certainly disappeared in January.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
I think this tweet from Bukowski is very much relatable to what some posters here - @texas @lupedafiasco if memory serves - have been saying. We've been a mf'er (or two) short when it comes to bringing the juice at crunch time.

I endorse this viewpoint but honestly I think this current team has some MF'ers. I tend to think of it more like a weighted MF'er score, and Rodgers' lack of MF'er energy generally outweighs all of the combined MFer energy of guys like Quay or Z or Jaire because of Rodgers' stature. Maybe this is why the MFer energy of Woodson and the guys back in 2010 could carry that rowdy bunch while Rodgers (not yet at legendary status or even elite status despite elite performance) and his general negative MF'er influence didn't have much of an effect.

Similarly, because his negative MF'er effect is so great, it actually contains and dampens the MF'er energy of guys who otherwise would be rowdy and tough. Davante was a friendly and courteous "Packers Person" (to use TT's term) while here, but when he escaped from under the thumb of Rodgers, his inner MF'er shone through when he pushed that reporter to the ground.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
27 Jan 2023 14:26
APB wrote:
We've been a mf'er (or two) short
...not around this place.

I'd say we're a couple over the limit :mrgreen:
obviously I agree, cept I think you consider me one of those MF'ers :nono:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Devonte Wyatt may be a bit of a MFer.

I had concerns about the guy, one report describing him as a "turd" (not having anything to do with the legal matters he was absolved of), but I also had the thought that DT is a position where being a turd is a plus.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
27 Jan 2023 15:32

I had concerns about the guy, one report describing him as a "turd" (not having anything to do with the legal matters he was absolved of), but I also had the thought that DT is a position where being a turd is a plus.
Walker has to fit the definition.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:

We passed on Jeffery Simmons and he was suppose to be a mf'er, seems we are very skeptical of any player thats had a run in with the law.

mostly I hate cheap shot players and those that don't care about the safety of there opponent, tough, legal play I'am fine with, shots that end another players season or career, no way, blind side blocks, blocks below the waist on lineman, the defenseless player penalty's, eliminate the John Lynch flying missile hits, and thats a good thing, I hate losing a player because some player gets his rocks off ruining the season or career of another player, Sapp bragged about that blind side hit that ruined Cliftons season.
good, clean physical play is one thing, I don't care for the thuggery stuff.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:05
Labrev wrote:

Walker has to fit the definition.
Yeah Quay is exactly who I was thinking of. Only indicator that he might not be is that he cried like a toddler in timeout on the way to the locker room after being ejected against Detroit. Of all of his actions during the whole ordeal (including the first ejection), the crying was the most concerning imo.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2023 14:29
APB wrote:

That M'fer certainly Z'darius certainly disappeared in January.
19/20/21/22. From the sounds of Vikings fans too, don’t think he’s put together even an average January game in 4 years now. Shame, cause he’s a good dude, imo, but we need more guys who step up in January and less regular season warriors.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

seems like the term mf'er has taken on a new meaning, now if a player, exhalts other players with grand standing celebration, does the dog crawl after a good clean play, he's a mf'er :lol:

If a player does a blind side hit, steps on the arms of prone lineman, or crumples a defenseless player crusing in like a tomahawk missile, there just thugs, imo one group is completely different then the other and Buttkoski, or whatever his name is is just playing internet folly

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »