Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 08:11
Missed when Roquan Smith signed his extension.

5 years for 100 million an $45M guaranteed. Damn lot for an off ball LB.

image.png
when ya account for the production they provide, 20 mil. seems about right these days, isn't this the last year of Parsons rookie deal, that will for sure top Roquan Smiths 5 yr 100 mil. contract, look what we have to look forward to if Walker continues as well as he played at times this season as a rookie.

people wonder why Rodgers is hesitant throwing center field, these guys are a big part of the reason why.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

12th highest paid defender in the league now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 09:18

Yup. He's I wonder if he is really worth it.

Bear's defense before he was traded 18.8 ppg.
Bear's defense after he was traded. 33.1 ppg.

Raven's defense before the trade. 22.9 ppg
Raven's Defense after the trade. 14.7 ppg

FlS7nXeWAAArEaB.jpg
FlS7nXeWAAArEaB.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 536 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Jan 2023 09:46
Pckfn23 wrote:

FlS7nXeWAAArEaB.jpg
I'm not saying he wasn't worth it, sorry. The face palm was toward another comment that was almost entirely unrelated to the topic.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2023 09:49
Raptorman wrote:
12 Jan 2023 09:46
Pckfn23 wrote:

FlS7nXeWAAArEaB.jpg
I'm not saying he wasn't worth it, sorry. The face palm was toward another comment that was almost entirely unrelated to the topic.
My post was about being paid the 12 highest. I should have deleted the picture. It actually makes me wonder if he short-changed himself.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

quality ILB's with very good coverage skills are in high demand, as they should be, it's why we used slot 22 on Walker, who from the looks of things will exceed Smiths 5 year deal with his next contract.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Ravens Twitter seemed to celebrate the news, lots of fans used words like "transform" to describe the effect he has had on their D. I think that's exactly the kind of player you give that extension.

He was a good player for CHI too from everything I saw; the Bears brass just didn't see him as part of their rebuild, but I was a little relieved to see him go.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not sure little Sammy has the locker room clout to speak on Lamar’s situation

Quite rich from a guy that plays about 5 games a year
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

good stuff from Manning, always thought half time adjustments where more limited then announcers and media led us to think, our receivers can't even remember a few hand signals with a week to do it, trying to get them to switch up some route patterns in 13 minutes is like giving me directions to a laundry mat in Bangladesh :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/peyton-man ... 02878.html

I don’t know if I ever made a halftime adjustment during my entire 18-year career,” Manning said. “I think that’s the biggest myth in football, the halftime adjustments, right? You go in, you use the restroom, you eat a couple of oranges, then the head coach says, ‘All right, let’s go!'”

NFL coaches might make a few adjustments, but Peyton and his brother Eli, a fellow two-time title winner, agreed that there’s not enough time for players to go over adjustments during halftime, which lasts just 13 minutes.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I would think the only adjustments would be whether they are likely to ditch the game plan to go with different scheme or not; not to re-design plays, as if on the chalk board. Lol.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Good coaches are constantly tweaking their game plan throughout the game as the game develops. Bad coaches do not.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Adjustments should be made actively through the length of the game, not just halftime.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Manning’s take on in game adjustments may shed light on why the patriots destroyed him in playoffs so often and why he never won a college championship

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Jan 2023 16:58
I would think the only adjustments would be whether they are likely to ditch the game plan to go with different scheme or not; not to re-design plays, as if on the chalk board. Lol.

theres no time to even watch film clips in 13 minutes, what Manning said makes sense, that 13 minutes is barely time enough for players to take care of personal needs, as has been said, plans for any changes happen all through out the game as the coaches see the over heads and other game videos, they don't need half time to formulate changes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jan 2023 20:07
Adjustments should be made actively through the length of the game, not just halftime.
that was the whole point of what Manning had to say, and why I brought the piece, yet listen to the peanut gallery :lol:

not sure if they just don't like Manning, there sold into that half time adjustments are the norm, or just defensive that some of our receivers lack the initiative to learn the hand signals :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 21:33
Scott4Pack wrote:

theres no time to even watch film clips in 13 minutes, what Manning said makes sense, that 13 minutes is barely time enough for players to take care of personal needs, as has been said, plans for any changes happen all through out the game as the coaches see the over heads and other game videos, they don't need half time to formulate changes.
What do you think the coaches are doing during the break?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 21:48
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 21:33
Scott4Pack wrote:

What do you think the coaches are doing during the break?
Drinking sangrias and eating paella in South Beach trying to figure out how to get Gutey to quit, or at the very least how to get Gutey to quit drafting useless draft picks.
Here's some gems from the 1954 draft (these are 1954 Bowman Packers cards):

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Fangio to Miami. Huge hire for mike McDaniel in my opinion

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:48
Sounds like the ponied up for it, too. Highest paid coordinator in the NFL per reports.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2023 14:31
Drj820 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:48
Sounds like the ponied up for it, too. Highest paid coordinator in the NFL per reports.
I’d be willing to pay an egregious amount for coaches. Relative to what they get. I mean would you rather have a top coordinator in the league or resign Kevin King one year? Plus with no ‘cap’ on coaches, pay them and pay them well.