Championship Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who ya got

Poll ended at 30 Jan 2023 13:33

Mahomes V Hurts
58%
Mahomes V Purdy
No votes
Burrow V Hurts
33%
Burrow V Purdy
8%

Total votes: 12

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Let's put the brakes on the MVS love. He basically did for KC what he did for us. Mostly quiet all year but had big moments at times. About 2-3 times per season we'd have an "MVS game" and they hype train would start rolling, then he'd follow up that game with a 0-catch stat line the next week.

I don't know if the QBs just don't throw to him enough or what, but he wasn't some new and transformed receiver this year, he was the same guy that we let walk. He would have been our #1 this year until Watson had his breakout game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
30 Jan 2023 01:46
Let's put the brakes on the MVS love. He basically did for KC what he did for us. Mostly quiet all year but had big moments at times. About 2-3 times per season we'd have an "MVS game" and they hype train would start rolling, then he'd follow up that game with a 0-catch stat line the next week.

I don't know if the QBs just don't throw to him enough or what, but he wasn't some new and transformed receiver this year, he was the same guy that we let walk. He would have been our #1 this year until Watson had his breakout game.
The Packers success is literally about the big games or lack thereof. We specifically wanted player who could step up in big games because most of our players were regular season warriors.

MVS is starting to show he is a playoff MFer.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

German_Panzer wrote:
29 Jan 2023 22:27
go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2023 21:00
I absolutely hate that this incredible game is going to be decided on a sideline hit.
Especially bc it was not an obvious late hit. If Mahomes somehow breaks the first tackle and continues to run you need that second hit and things were so close together that I can understand that Benglas player to take no risk. The NFL becomes so sissy.
what???? he was over a yard out of bounds when he shoved him, of course it was a late hit, and it was stupid, he cost his team a chance to win, it was Bosteck revisited.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2023 06:33
texas wrote:
30 Jan 2023 01:46

The Packers success is literally about the big games or lack thereof. We specifically wanted player who could step up in big games because most of our players were regular season warriors.

MVS is starting to show he is a playoff MFer.
We ( even in his 4 catch 104 yrd PO game) never saw this MVS, his routes look crisper, better hands, snatching the ball in traffic, even better run after the catch, this could be a demerit on who we've had as a receiver coach, or simply a second team rededication we often see when players change teams, agree though he made up for the loss of Shuster in a big way, glad for MVS

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Keep in mind that MVS caught his TD last night by letting the ball hit his pads first. It wasn’t a good hands catch. But a catch just the same.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Jan 2023 10:42
Keep in mind that MVS caught his TD last night by letting the ball hit his pads first. It wasn’t a good hands catch. But a catch just the same.
Scott I don't actually dislike Scantling, or any receiver we've brought in to 1265, simply that most failed to provide the production we've needed, any time your featured WR is getting 130 plus targeted throws a season it paints a clear picture that the others are not #2 quality talent, thats all I said, and MVS having a good game here or there isn't enough to change my mind about that, Lazard is a steady eddie, 700 yrds a season is about what you'd want from a #4 guy, thats 40 yrds a game average, my question for you is why are you so quick to accept mediocrity

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:18
Scott4Pack wrote:
Scott I don't actually dislike Scantling, or any receiver we've brought in to 1265, simply that most failed to provide the production we've needed, any time your featured WR is getting 130 plus targeted throws a season it paints a clear picture that the others are not #2 quality talent, thats all I said, and MVS having a good game here or there isn't enough to change my mind about that, Lazard is a steady eddie, 700 yrds a season is about what you'd want from a #4 guy, thats 40 yrds a game average, my question for you is why are you so quick to accept mediocrity
Absolutely not yoop.

Let's look at 2011 - the best offensive passing attack in Packers history.

#1 WR: Jordy Nelson - 1,263 yards
#2 WR: Greg Jennings - 949 yards
#3 WR: James Jones - 635 yards
#4 WR: Donald Driver - 445 yards
#5 WR: Randall Cobb - 375 yards

Again. This is the best WR group in Packers history with nearly 3,700 receiving yards from the WR group alone.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Walking on egg shells in even responding here. But I was gunna say something similar. I doubt any WR4 had 700 yards this season. I wouldn't even be shocked if no WR4 has ever had 700 yards in a season. That simply just being the 4th most productive WR in as season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:47
Walking on egg shells in even responding here. But I was gunna say something similar. I doubt any WR4 had 700 yards this season. I wouldn't even be shocked if no WR4 has ever had 700 yards in a season. That simply just being the 4th most productive WR in as season.
I would say 700 yards is elite #3 WR and lower end to average WR #2 production.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:41
Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:18
Scott4Pack wrote:
Absolutely not yoop.

Let's look at 2011 - the best offensive passing attack in Packers history.

#1 WR: Jordy Nelson - 1,263 yards
#2 WR: Greg Jennings - 949 yards
#3 WR: James Jones - 635 yards
#4 WR: Donald Driver - 445 yards
#5 WR: Randall Cobb - 375 yards

Again. This is the best WR group in Packers history with nearly 3,700 receiving yards from the WR group alone.
oh please, why don't you go look at what our #2 has provided this offense for the last 5 years, this was Lazards very best season at what 780 yrd and he was our #1,and every receiver on your list there has a lot better then 50% catch rate which MVS trademarks

Jennings averages over 20 more yrds a game then any #2 we've had here since Guty became GM

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://stathead.com/tiny/Kl7qm

52 Players with 600+ yards in 2022.

Teams with 3 WRs on the list:
image.png
image.png (11.62 KiB) Viewed 268 times
image.png
image.png (11.27 KiB) Viewed 268 times
image.png
image.png (12.03 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:49
BF004 wrote:
more of accepting mediocrity as the bench mark, losers :lol:
OK but the whole thing is that Marques is not a #2 receiver can we at least agree with that.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Any chance that Tyler Boyd is a FA this offseason and the Packers can haul him in?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I did not watch the wild card ramp, but of the final 8 teams, what stands out is that all except the cowboys have a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. All these young QB's, even SF's rookie, is better than AR.

It could be a great season this next year, a return to respectability, to the top of the NFC North, and to a playoff game in Green Bay with a QB that leads and inspires rather than folds.

All it takes is another team dumb enough to think that AR is not washed up and willing to give up a mid round 1st round pick or equivalent.

Go Packers

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:04
go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:49
BF004 wrote:
more of accepting mediocrity as the bench mark, losers :lol:
OK but the whole thing is that Marques is not a #2 receiver can we at least agree with that.
I think nearly 700 receiving yards with a league history ball hawking TE is on the avg. to lower end of #2 WR production but #2 WR production nonetheless.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

MVS is a WR2, and his contract reflects it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:36
As does production, even though KC isn't really a fair comparison given how freakishly good their TE is.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:40
Labrev wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:36
As does production, even though KC isn't really a fair comparison given how freakishly good their TE is.
Teams with #2 WRs over 750 yards:
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Miami
LA Chargers
Jacksonville
Denver
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Buffalo

I think it would be safe to say 700 yards is about average for a #2.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
the whole point of me defending Rodgers has to do with being short changed at the WR position, and others thinking or defending status quo at that position, which is a fair assessment of all the push back I've received on the subject

also the word ALL is a generic term, as is ALOT, I admit to not being more specific, and that it is a short coming of mine not to be, I know, but both terms are very generic though, and encompass a broad spectrum, and don't necessarily mean exactly there definition, right?

you wouldn't speak to me because I said all white people where/are racists, and you new I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech to mean way to many white people are, and was a true enough statement, but you acted as though I called you a racist face to face, which we both know wasn't what i was trying to imply.
maybe it is a generational thing, and my inability to express myself on a computer as well as ya'll

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:48
BF004 wrote:
the whole point of me defending Rodgers has to do with being short changed at the WR position, and others thinking or defending status quo at that position, which is a fair assessment of all the push back I've received on the subject

also the word ALL is a generic term, as is ALOT, I admit to not being more specific, and that it is a short coming of mine not to be, I know, but both terms are very generic though, and encompass a broad spectrum, and don't necessarily mean exactly there definition, right?

you wouldn't speak to me because I said all white people where/are racists, and you new I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech to mean way to many white people are, and was a true enough statement, but you acted as though I called you a racist face to face, which we both know wasn't what i was trying to imply.
maybe it is a generational thing, and my inability to express myself on a computer as well as ya'll
So yes, eggshells. My bad for thinking we could talk about expectations for a #4 WR.

Honestly zero clue what in the hell you are talking about or how on Earth any of this seemed relevant, or on topic, or just, like what? This is not a generational thing, I think its a bat &%$@ insane thing.