Championship Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who ya got

Poll ended at 30 Jan 2023 13:33

Mahomes V Hurts
58%
Mahomes V Purdy
No votes
Burrow V Hurts
33%
Burrow V Purdy
8%

Total votes: 12

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I suppose if ya have a #1 with a k plus a #2 with 700 plus, #3 with 400 plus, and #4 and #5 with a combined 500 then that #2 will be good enough, but thats not what we had here for the last year, the year prior or the 2 or 3 years prior to that

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:54
Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:48
BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2023 11:47
Walking on egg shells in even responding here. But I was gunna say something similar. I doubt any WR4 had 700 yards this season. I wouldn't even be shocked if no WR4 has ever had 700 yards in a season. That simply just being the 4th most productive WR in as season.
the whole point of me defending Rodgers has to do with being short changed at the WR position, and others thinking or defending status quo at that position, which is a fair assessment of all the push back I've received on the subject

also the word ALL is a generic term, as is ALOT, I admit to not being more specific, and that it is a short coming of mine not to be, I know, but both terms are very generic though, and encompass a broad spectrum, and don't necessarily mean exactly there definition, right?

you wouldn't speak to me because I said all white people where/are racists, and you new I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech to mean way to many white people are, and was a true enough statement, but you acted as though I called you a racist face to face, which we both know wasn't what i was trying to imply.
maybe it is a generational thing, and my inability to express myself on a computer as well as ya'll
So yes, eggshells. My bad for thinking we could talk about expectations for a #4 WR.

Honestly zero clue what in the hell you are talking about or how on Earth any of this seemed relevant, or on topic, or just, like what? This is not a generational thing, I think its a bat &%$@ insane thing.
you know damn well what I was talking about.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop: Rodgers would spread the ball around if he had better receivers behind WR1!

Rodgers: literally had a temper tantrum after a game WE WON fairly easily just because he felt Adams did not get the ball enough (and never showed remotely similar emotion after any season-ending losses).

*edit*
Oh yeah, and does anyone else remember that report in 2021 where Rodgers's proposed solution to teams scheming to get rid of Adams was... they just had to find ways to beat the double- and triple-coverage??
Last edited by Labrev on 30 Jan 2023 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 13:15
BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:54
Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2023 12:48

the whole point of me defending Rodgers has to do with being short changed at the WR position, and others thinking or defending status quo at that position, which is a fair assessment of all the push back I've received on the subject

also the word ALL is a generic term, as is ALOT, I admit to not being more specific, and that it is a short coming of mine not to be, I know, but both terms are very generic though, and encompass a broad spectrum, and don't necessarily mean exactly there definition, right?

you wouldn't speak to me because I said all white people where/are racists, and you new I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech to mean way to many white people are, and was a true enough statement, but you acted as though I called you a racist face to face, which we both know wasn't what i was trying to imply.
maybe it is a generational thing, and my inability to express myself on a computer as well as ya'll
So yes, eggshells. My bad for thinking we could talk about expectations for a #4 WR.

Honestly zero clue what in the hell you are talking about or how on Earth any of this seemed relevant, or on topic, or just, like what? This is not a generational thing, I think its a bat &%$@ insane thing.
you know damn well what I was talking about.
I have zero clue. Literally zero clue what you are talking about.

When wouldn't I ever speak to you? When did you ever say 'all white people are racist'? Absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

search.php?keywords=white+people+are+ra ... mit=Search

I am so lost man, you've totally gone off the deep end.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Remember, there IS an Ignore feature.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2023 06:33
texas wrote:
30 Jan 2023 01:46
Let's put the brakes on the MVS love. He basically did for KC what he did for us. Mostly quiet all year but had big moments at times. About 2-3 times per season we'd have an "MVS game" and they hype train would start rolling, then he'd follow up that game with a 0-catch stat line the next week.

I don't know if the QBs just don't throw to him enough or what, but he wasn't some new and transformed receiver this year, he was the same guy that we let walk. He would have been our #1 this year until Watson had his breakout game.
The Packers success is literally about the big games or lack thereof. We specifically wanted player who could step up in big games because most of our players were regular season warriors.

MVS is starting to show he is a playoff MFer.
Disagree with the (not stated here by you explicitly but seemingly implied by people earlier in the thread) idea that MVS somehow took a step forward (or the way some people talk, underwent a complete transformation this year) and also that he is starting to show he is a playoff MFer. He had playoff opportunities with us and for whatever reason (i.e. maybe it was Rodgers' fault), he didn't do what he did yesterday, with us. Also, he probably doesn't do what he did yesterday if their other WRs were healthy. That being said, when given an opportunity, he delivered in a big way, so with a sample size of 1 playoff game of being the top dawg, he passed with flying colors.

But no, even with this 1 game he was not much different for KC this season than he was with us. If anything, much like Jeff Janis in the 2015 playoffs, he showed that he arguably should have been getting more looks (whether with KC or GB). Also idk if he is a MFer. I need to see some more crime from him. I don't recall him ever crying before, so that's good. But I also don't remember if he ever took cheap shots at the opponents when things weren't going our way. The strongest memory I have of MVS here was that he was largely a nonfactor.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

326579107_928817128500781_1398051362119906762_n.jpg
326579107_928817128500781_1398051362119906762_n.jpg (113.59 KiB) Viewed 174 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I got curious to see what the yards looked like for WRs 1-4 this season:
image.png
image.png (18.17 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Raw data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."