Black Monday - Coaching Changes

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:15
BF004 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 07:46
Bisaccia getting 2nd interview with Colts.

1 of 5 I believe.
Normally I would not care, but Irsay is just dumb enough to possibly hire him.
dumb enough?????, we made him the highest paid ST's coach in the league, if he leaves whats that say about us?

or is he leaving to be a DC? I'd guess it would have to be a up grade of some sort.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:25
NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2023 13:15
BF004 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 07:46
Bisaccia getting 2nd interview with Colts.

1 of 5 I believe.
Normally I would not care, but Irsay is just dumb enough to possibly hire him.
dumb enough?????, we made him the highest paid ST's coach in the league, if he leaves whats that say about us?

or is he leaving to be a DC? I'd guess it would have to be a up grade of some sort.

They are interviewing him for Head Coach.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wow: Cowboys letting go of OC Kellen Moore, and McCarthy will takeover playcalling!
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... ore-fired/
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2023 18:37
Wow: Cowboys letting go of OC Kellen Moore, and McCarthy will takeover playcalling!
Good for McCarthy but probably bad for the fans who already thought they didn't run the ball enough. :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Jan 2023 18:56
Labrev wrote:
Good for McCarthy but probably bad for the fans who already thought they didn't run the ball enough. :lol:
Note to self: don’t waste a top fantasy draft pick on Tony Pollard next year. He’s about to get Aaron Jones’d by McCarthy.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Demarco Ryans making noise like he will be HC at the Texans. And JJ Watt might be joining his staff!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Update: Chargers hired him as O-Coord.

Labrev wrote:
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Have the Falcons hired Jerry Gray yet? We've been hearing for days about this but no news anywhere concrete as of this morning.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

NCF wrote:
31 Jan 2023 15:32

As of right now I am thinking this is going to fail. Not like a major implosion or spectacle, but just that they are going to consistently underwhelm for several years of this arrangement.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I actually like Payton. I really do. But I don’t get why Denver or any other team GIVES AWAY draft picks like this.

It’s like there’s a carousel that only has so many coaches on it and NFL teams are obligated to only choose one of those and none others. I appreciated that Payton has a great resume and experience. But there are a lot of guys (many younger) who are probably going to coach just as well.

It’s like Green Bay came up with LaFleur. And Chicago came up with, oh, nevermind! Lol.;

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
31 Jan 2023 15:34
I hope he does well. No guarantees at the franchise like that. But it made sense for him to go there.

(Hey, did Schefter tell the truth for once?)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Jan 2023 16:32
I actually like Payton. I really do. But I don’t get why Denver or any other team GIVES AWAY draft picks like this.

It’s like there’s a carousel that only has so many coaches on it and NFL teams are obligated to only choose one of those and none others. I appreciated that Payton has a great resume and experience. But there are a lot of guys (many younger) who are probably going to coach just as well.

It’s like Green Bay came up with LaFleur. And Chicago came up with, oh, nevermind! Lol.;
we gave a 1st for Holmgren, I think there is a shortage of quality HC's Scott, thats why guys like Fangio, McCarthy, Pederson, and Payton just to name a few are in demand, obviously there are a lot of variables involved for coaching success, the older coaches who have the experience and ability to manage all facets, and pass along and convince the assistants as well as the players to accept there plan probably aren't that plentiful.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
31 Jan 2023 17:01
Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Jan 2023 16:32

we gave a 1st for Holmgren, I think there is a shortage of quality HC's Scott, thats why guys like Fangio, McCarthy, Pederson, and Payton just to name a few are in demand, obviously there are a lot of variables involved for coaching success, the older coaches who have the experience and ability to manage all facets, and pass along and convince the assistants as well as the players to accept there plan probably aren't that plentiful.
It wasn’t a 1st, it was a 2nd. Still a premium pick. Our second 1st, from the Eagles due to a 1991 Draft Day trade, went to Atlanta for Brett Favre.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Ya. I hear ya about the experience of the available HCs. Even so, we see how it still isn’t a given that a guy who was successful on past teams will experience the same success on new teams. All that to say that I appreciate how the Packers reached out to an unproven guy for the HC job. And I think it has paid off mostly.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yikes.

Peyton good, over hyped IMO. With the already crazy depletion of talent in Denver in players and picks. Further depletion of picks just a super bleak outlook.

New Orleans on the other hand, after what could only be described as a laughably bad offseason and long term planning last year, big move for them.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I assume DeMeco Ryans will fail because it's Houston.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

texas wrote:
31 Jan 2023 21:12
I assume DeMeco Ryans will fail because it's Houston.
He got a 6 year contract. Can he find a QB is the question. Cindy was always Cincy, too, until they weren't. He has a good chance to build something in 3-5 years.