Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
08 Feb 2023 09:41
Amazing achievement considering neither WR played all 17 games ....... and considering the lack of quarterback accuracy, consistency and drive.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Feb 2023 19:06
I wouldn’t hire that guy mop floors.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Feb 2023 19:10
BF004 wrote:
whats the difference between Drayton and Bisaccia, Besides the ethnic background? talent, Nixon, obviously it's more then just that, but a few personal additions really stood out.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Citadel was once a proud FCS southern conference institution, shame how low they have stopped.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
08 Feb 2023 20:30
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
whats the difference between Drayton and Bisaccia, Besides the ethnic background? talent, Nixon, obviously it's more then just that, but a few personal additions really stood out.
Sure Nixon helped the return game. Under Drayton watch the 49ers found a way to block FGs and for the entire length of the season Draytons stupid ass couldn’t figure out how to fix his operation. Punt protection was also a disaster. These are relatively simple operations and he was a clueless bum.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Feb 2023 21:18
Yoop wrote:
08 Feb 2023 20:30
lupedafiasco wrote:

Sure Nixon helped the return game. Under Drayton watch the 49ers found a way to block FGs and for the entire length of the season Draytons stupid ass couldn’t figure out how to fix his operation. Punt protection was also a disaster. These are relatively simple operations and he was a clueless bum.
To be fair, we had plenty of blocked punts, blocked FGs and fumbled returns this year.

Our coverage was noticeably better and Nixon was a stud. But the back killer mistakes were still very prevalent in 2022.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He would be quite and ideal fit for backup if we move one qb.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

oh my local Commie fan friends would be so mad :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
09 Feb 2023 22:32
He would be quite and ideal fit for backup if we move one qb.

I don't know.

I could see it all exploding into controversy if Love had early struggles and the fanbase began clamoring for change. You know, just like it went down in Washington.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think he’s exactly the level of quality you’d want.

More than good enough to win you a few games over a stretch. And zero threat to a guy like Jordan.

Who are we even referencing that he overtook?

Dwayne Haskins or Carson Wentz? Both?

If Jordan Love isn’t better than either of those guys, we have much much bigger problems.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Here’s an article that will likely make some weird portion of this forum all hot and heavy. :lol: Image

https://www.thatgameday.com/post/top-15 ... t-15-years

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
10 Feb 2023 07:06

More than good enough to win you a few games over a stretch. And zero threat to a guy like Jordan.

If Jordan Love isn’t better than either of those guys, we have much much bigger problems.
I'm saying if Love isn't good right out the gate, you know there will be a significant portion of the fanbase, the same ones who held Favre's departure against Rodgers, clamoring for Heinicke and/or calling for heads to roll. Love may take some time to get into a groove. If someone like Heinicke is there waiting in the wings, it could complicate things and he may not get that time.

That's all I'm saying.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Heinecke sucks. I don’t think there would be much clamoring for him. If Love sucks to the level that would demand that, we got much bigger problems.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BSA wrote:
06 Feb 2023 13:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 12:51
12 years ago today.
That World Championship was brought to us in large part by 3 incredible football guys...
who 12 years later are hated on by a substantial segment of the fan base

Aaron Rodgers
Mike McCarthy
Dom Capers

:idn:
I don't hate any of them. A time comes when it's time to move on from everyone. As much as I am of the opinion that it's time to move on from Rodgers, I'm very appreciative of all of the moments and memories he provided.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Feb 2023 10:05
BF004 wrote:

I'm saying if Love isn't good right out the gate, you know there will be a significant portion of the fanbase, the same ones who held Favre's departure against Rodgers, clamoring for Heinicke and/or calling for heads to roll. Love may take some time to get into a groove. If someone like Heinicke is there waiting in the wings, it could complicate things and he may not get that time.

That's all I'm saying.
If Love can't be great, or at least better then Rodgers was last year we'll know why Lafleur didn't sit Rodgers with his thumb, and if Love stumbles and bumbles, then we probably should have kept Rodgers and traded Love.

there are a portion of fans who still think Rodgers is the best QB for 2023, just like there was a portion of fans that thought Favre was the best choice in 08, and he was, my main concern is winning next season, just as it was in 08.

odds that LOve is anything close to a HOF QB got to be huge, we struck gold with Rodgers, only us and the niners ever had 2 first ballot HOFamers back to back, I wont hold my breath for a triple repeat.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:

That's all I'm saying.
And it was embarrassing the way some fans treated Rodgers in 2008. Favre was the one who instigated his departure. Had he not tearfully "retired" he would have been our starter in 2008 - unless of course if Rodgers beat him out in TC. I wonder if Brett could see the improvement in Rodgers and wanted no part in being his understudy and that was the real reason for that crazy offseason? Is Aaron feeling the same about Love? I will say from all reports Rodgers never treated Love like Brett did towards Aaron the first coupe of years. IMO this says a lot about the character of Rodgers and why I hold him in high esteem even if he is a little eccentric. ;)
Last edited by Pugger on 11 Feb 2023 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Feb 2023 10:15
Heinecke sucks. I don’t think there would be much clamoring for him. If Love sucks to the level that would demand that, we got much bigger problems.
If Love sucks Rodgers isn't being traded this spring.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
10 Feb 2023 23:39
APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:

That's all I'm saying.
If Love can't be great, or at least better then Rodgers was last year we'll know why Lafleur didn't sit Rodgers with his thumb, and if Love stumbles and bumbles, then we probably should have kept Rodgers and traded Love.

there are a portion of fans who still think Rodgers is the best QB for 2023, just like there was a portion of fans that thought Favre was the best choice in 08, and he was, my main concern is winning next season, just as it was in 08.

odds that LOve is anything close to a HOF QB got to be huge, we struck gold with Rodgers, only us and the niners ever had 2 first ballot HOFamers back to back, I wont hold my breath for a triple repeat.
We don't need another HOF QB to be successful. A better than average QB can get the job done. The question is is Love average or better? Only the staff and his teammates have an idea. We will all find out in a few weeks if Rodgers is traded or not. If AR returns Love isn't ready yet and/or may never be.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Feb 2023 10:15
I actually think Heinicke would be a decent choice for a back-up QB. Experience, some moxie, can come in and get you out of a game, if needed. I would not pay him a "compete for starter" contract, but if it's a cheap deal for true back-up, we could do a lot worse.

Read More. Post Less.