Super Bowl LVII

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interesting how Mahomes game evolved this year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think KC will win but I am rooting for Philly. Although I generally like KC too. Luckily no obvious team to root against this year.

I've been a Hurts hater at every step of his career and he has proven me wrong at every step, so I'd like to see him win one.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Feb 2023 11:40

Interesting how Mahomes game evolved this year.
Maybe that’s what happens when you have a guy like Kelse.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The bitching about the surface is hilarious. Wear the right cleats, idiots! Also funny considering the kwetching over turf.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Toney and Juju, two players the chiefs pursued to help replace Tyreke have been huge last drive and on STs
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The rookie contributing. Wow.

Andy knows how to use his toys

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

KC has really owned this second half. I don't think Philly has time to come back.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2023 20:44
KC has really owned this second half. I don't think Philly has time to come back.
And just like that it's tied again :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I forgot 2-pt was a thing. :thwap:

5:15, too much time for Mahomes and Reid, but Philly has the D to make a stand.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Feb 2023 20:51
Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2023 20:44
And just like that it's tied again :lol:
Another TD and it's the highest scoring SB.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Incredibly ticky-tack call on Philly, sucks for them to lose this way when they played a good overall game.

But I'm happy for Mahomes, he fought hard for it, Andy Reid and Travis Kelce getting another, our boy MVS.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2023 21:20
Incredibly ticky-tack call on Philly, sucks for them to lose this way when they played a good overall game.

But I'm happy for Mahomes, he fought hard for it, Andy Reid and Travis Kelce getting another, our boy MVS.
I just feel cheated out of a really good ending regardless of who won.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

That was a bad penalty call against the Eagles at the end. But they still would’ve needed to come back and score quickly. Probably wouldn’t have made any difference. But you just hate to see something tacky called like that, even if it was specifically against the rule.

But it really was a good game. Happy for the Chiefs.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rigged

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hurts was the best player on the field.
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2023 21:50
Mahommes played mistake free ball. Hurts handed the chiefs 6.

But ya, he’s awesome. Those 600 lb squats help their O a lot. Some nice tosses too.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

That was a scam. Invalidates the whole game and whole season. Maybe the Chiefs end up champions anyway but this is 2 weeks in a row where they got major help from the refs. Very unfair.

I've said it before but defensive holding should not be an automatic 1st down.

Also in the playoffs they should have some sort of quick review process where the league office can phone something down during the refs' huddle and then they come out and say "after further discussion, there is no penalty for XYZ"

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Agreed. That call gave a very bad taste to end the season. Especially because the Chiefs won by penalty two weeks in a row.

Very disappointing to an otherwise fantastic game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2023 21:50
Hurt's still outscored Mahomes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

it wasn't a bad call, ya don't get to impede the receiver, he grabbed the shirt, which is what ruined his ability to run the route.

Scantling screwed up another route, basically a decoy receiver, got to honor his speed though, it helps Shuster and Kelse, others find space. Offensive and scoring dominance, neither defense was able to stifle the other offense, which I think was sorta expected, If Love can bring what Hurts does for Philly, no one will lose sleep trading Rodgers, course this OL hasn't played at the ability of that Eagles bunch, did Philly even punt the ball? ya can hardly call those 3 or 4th and 1 QB sneaks, more like designed runs, Hurts and that OL are awesome, so much brute power, near unstoppable., and Hurts finds that crease, very impressive.

Mahomes just wants it, plays through pain, Reid uses so much motion exposing mismatches, stacking 2 and 3 receivers with those shallow crosses and curls, really hard to defend, anyway great SB.