Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 09:22
Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:57
BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:48

I really miss not having a middle finger emoticon :lol:
I wouldn't be opposed to adding it, we are all adults here (in age only), right? :lol:
well thats a hole nuther topic :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
14 Feb 2023 09:51
Since we know Love likes to :toke:

:aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 07:26
Happy coincidence, but this turned into quite the appropriate Valentines Day thread!!

Thanks @Labrev :heart:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 10:32
BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 07:26
Happy coincidence, but this turned into quite the appropriate Valentines Day thread!!

Thanks @Labrev :heart:
Now that is FUNNY!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m very nervous Love looks promising but not elite and when it comes time to pay him he ends up taking up a huge chunk of the cap and can’t carry the team similar to what we have seen from The Ravens and Joe Flacco or the Bengals with Andy Dalton for example.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Don't knock Joe Flacco, he got his team there and won it all an equal number of times as Rodgers has ours.

I mean if we get that out of Love, I call it a win. :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'd take a Joe Flacco if the results ended up being the same! Super Champs, 2024! Hell Yes!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh, and speaking of taking up a large part of the cap while being unable to carry the team... OMG, imagine if we were saddled with THAT situation!! ;)

You know what? I can honestly say that, if we are stuck with a QB1 who cannot carry the team while taking a large amount of our cap, then we should make a concerted effort to get OUT of that situation, pronto!! :aok: 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:58
Oh, and speaking of taking up a large part of the cap while being unable to carry the team... OMG, imagine if we were saddled with THAT situation!! ;)

You know what? I can honestly say that, if we are stuck with a QB1 who cannot carry the team while taking a large amount of our cap, then we should make a concerted effort to get OUT of that situation, pronto!! :aok: 8-)
Aaron Rodgers cap hit in 2022 was less than the money we carried in dead cap just FYI.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Hopefully this ain't prophetic. But teams have ridden RBs to Super Bowls with almost no input from QBs. Give us the picks and with a QB who can run for a 1st down or two a game and hang on to the ball we can get there. Give the kid his shot!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Feb 2023 12:42
Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:58

Aaron Rodgers cap hit in 2022 was less than the money we carried in dead cap just FYI.
Rodgers cap hits are less then a half doz other players in the league or more, the cap hits are less then Mahomes and the chiefs don't screw around and not bring in quality receivers, they also don't spend all there high picks on defensive players, the Chiefs know it takes talented offenses to win, they also don't rely on Running the ball to score points, a team with the ability to score 21 points a half will always have the ability to win, small ball is highly over rated, if ya cant get chunk yards it openes the door to stalled drives, Mike McCarthy new that, to bad the FO didn't, and left a great QB to make do with a bunch of 2nd tier jags

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 15:08
Mike McCarthy new that, to bad the FO didn't, and left a great QB to make do with a bunch of 2nd tier jags
That's your argument? Did 2011-2014 not happen? Rodgers had elite weapons and the Packers couldn't run the ball or play defense. There isn't a perfect formula to being a well balanced team. My biggest praise of Mike McCarthy is he always stressed the need to reinvent the teams identity every season because the pieces are ever changing. Have to make it work with what you have.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
14 Feb 2023 15:17
Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 15:08
Mike McCarthy new that, to bad the FO didn't, and left a great QB to make do with a bunch of 2nd tier jags
That's your argument? Did 2011-2014 not happen? Rodgers had elite weapons and the Packers couldn't run the ball or play defense. There isn't a perfect formula to being a well balanced team. My biggest praise of Mike McCarthy is he always stressed the need to reinvent the teams identity every season because the pieces are ever changing. Have to make it work with what you have.
my complaints mostly form after 2015-16

but ya make a great point, simply losing one or two positions on defense can really create a decline,, not being able to sustain enough of a run threat allows deep shell coverage and just pin your ears back and rush the QB, which is what the Giants did, that offense simply needed Lacy, or any RB really, it went 15-1 and done I think simply because DC new they only had to worry about the deep strike capability of our passing attack, the rest required no special attention.

my viewpoints about all of this stuff have become boring, I know, just always feel if ya have something thats great, then ya have to keep feeding it, imo we would have been much further ahead to add a new high pick more ready to play WR every couple years instead of year after year using it on defense, imo it would have payed off more late season as the defenses tend to get better as the season progresses, if you lack skill position alternatives to much film is exposed on the few you do have, and leaves ya with a smaller play book.

just ranting now, but we spent so much on defense and as your brother brought, so many DL misses, after a couple wouldn't ya finally get it that picking DL the end of round one is futile, I know if ya need em, and ya always do, ya have to take the shot, cripes though we'd have been better off using that pick on a trade for one, in fact that is one position I would buy rather then draft at a 50/50 rate, the bust rate ( simply not playing up to slot value) is through the roof.

I liked the Lacy pick, I wanted to resign Jones, I want to be able to run the ball, but this is still a passing league first, always will be, chunk yards eliminate mistakes, mistakes decide games, so it's just that simple for me..

just a few opinions. :idea:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 17:23
yours to 23, along with your wife and children, from the heart Buddy :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

We are strong and no one can tell us we're wrong ....Love Is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar.

:beer:

Mod edit: deleted lyrics. Seriously?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 14 Feb 2023 19:03, edited 2 times in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 17:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 17:23
yours to 23, along with your wife and children, from the heart Buddy :aok:
And to all here, sincerely. Love you and hate you all. :tiphat: