Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2023 07:35
APB wrote:
17 Feb 2023 07:06
Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2023 06:24

please spare me your bloviated tripe, most of the shareholders agree with the decision the FO makes, and right now there waiting on Rodgers to make a decision, why? because they know going with Love is a 50/50 proposition. obviously you don't know that, just like you don't know what Rodgers wants, quit acting as though you do.
I have no idea why you felt the need to respond like that. You're dismissive, insulting, and condescending all because someone else had the nerve to voice their opinion.

You wonder why you have such a hard time getting along with other members? It's because of your need to treat people exactly as you did here without provocation.
BS, I made a joke that wasn't meant as literal, and he took it as truth, Rodgers doesn't run this team any more then you or Skeptic or I do, and every comment he makes is to degrade Rodgers and act as though Love is the 3rd coming, every post.
He still has every right to state his opinion regardless of how he perceived your comment or how you intended it. The fact is your response was yet another harsh and provocative rebuttal to an innocuous post from another member.

Do better.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Reports are Jets may be putting feelers out on Lamar Jackson.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... a1eb3235ce

I think with Carr as a FA and Rodgers taking his time, I'm thinking the trade comp for Rodgers will not be as high as initially expected, especially if Lamar turns out to be get-able. If I am most teams, I probably prefer Jackson to Rodgers for a number of reasons (and Jets fans on social media seem to feel the same, per the article).

Though I wonder if maybe that opens up Baltimore as another potential landing spot for 12.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
17 Feb 2023 11:25
Reports are Jets may be putting feelers out on Lamar Jackson.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... a1eb3235ce

I think with Carr as a FA and Rodgers taking his time, I'm thinking the trade comp for Rodgers will not be as high as initially expected, especially if Lamar turns out to be get-able. If I am most teams, I probably prefer Jackson to Rodgers for a number of reasons (and Jets fans on social media seem to feel the same, per the article).

Though I wonder if maybe that opens up Baltimore as another potential landing spot for 12.
I think a 2023 2nd and 2024 1st is the likely compensation.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Our Old buddy Bob McGinn posted this a few minutes ago... :)
“As of right now, I’m convinced — based on my own instincts and knowing the NFL and knowing what happens after all these defeats and discussions with someone who has firsthand knowledge of this organization, of the Packers’ internal debates — that they are done with Rodgers. That’s the way it is right now, that he’s not coming back. They’re disgusted with him and they’re done with him and they’re moving on. This is going to involve money and a trade partner and all kinds of things. But I’m totally convinced he is not going to be their starting quarterback this year. On the other hand, they love Jordan Love. They think he’s the second coming now. They’ve seen enough in practice for three years, that they believe he is like Rodgers 2.0. That’s where this organization is coming from right now. They have turned the page, just like they did to Favre in June and July, those months in the summer of 2008 and I don’t see it changing.

“Even if Rodgers comes back to collect that $59 million, I think he’s the backup. He could try to ruin the whole operation. But he knows that’s not going to happen and he’s going to accept a trade somewhere. He knows he can’t live with that, with the Packers’ fans and everybody. It’s Love’s turn. The organization’s going that way. And that’s the way it is. This is everybody, I’m told. This is Murphy. This is LaFleur. This is Gutekunst. This is the whole shooting match. They’ve turned the page. They don’t see Rodgers as a guy who’s really working hard anymore. They see a guy who — when he reported this year — his body wasn’t as so-called ‘tight’ and strong as it was. They see a guy who blew off the offseason last year. … They’re done. It’s a hard guy to be done with.”

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

^ Seems rather sensational. I can buy that some in the org prefer to move on, but doubt it's that final and across the board.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
17 Feb 2023 14:17
^ Seems rather sensational. I can buy that some in the org prefer to move on, but doubt it's that final and across the board.
Or that strong of language.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

That is an opinion opinion piece and probably not even a true opinion.

Looks more like bobby is short on clicks.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

wizard 87 wrote:
17 Feb 2023 13:52
“As of right now, I’m convinced — based on my own instincts and knowing the NFL and knowing what happens after all these defeats and discussions with someone who has firsthand knowledge of this organization, of the Packers’ internal debates — that they are done with Rodgers. That’s the way it is right now, that he’s not coming back. They’re disgusted with him and they’re done with him and they’re moving on. This is going to involve money and a trade partner and all kinds of things. But I’m totally convinced he is not going to be their starting quarterback this year. On the other hand, they love Jordan Love. They think he’s the second coming now. They’ve seen enough in practice for three years, that they believe he is like Rodgers 2.0. That’s where this organization is coming from right now. They have turned the page, just like they did to Favre in June and July, those months in the summer of 2008 and I don’t see it changing.

“Even if Rodgers comes back to collect that $59 million, I think he’s the backup. He could try to ruin the whole operation. But he knows that’s not going to happen and he’s going to accept a trade somewhere. He knows he can’t live with that, with the Packers’ fans and everybody. It’s Love’s turn. The organization’s going that way. And that’s the way it is. This is everybody, I’m told. This is Murphy. This is LaFleur. This is Gutekunst. This is the whole shooting match. They’ve turned the page. They don’t see Rodgers as a guy who’s really working hard anymore. They see a guy who — when he reported this year — his body wasn’t as so-called ‘tight’ and strong as it was. They see a guy who blew off the offseason last year. … They’re done. It’s a hard guy to be done with.”
Thanks for pulling this story :aok:

Since it's 2023 and it's a McGinn opinion piece, I'm going to assume the exact opposite is true :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I agree he’s gone.

Once he’s gone the next logical step is to sell Jordan love, so no I don’t believe that without seeing it.

Also once again, your “done done” with him, yet you put yourself in position to owe him 50+ million.

Firable offense in my opinion. Beyond egregious.

That said, for the record, I will be disappointed if we don’t move on, it’s time to see who Lafleur and Love both are.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

FYI, the report is part of Tyler Dunne's network, I can tell everyone here with 100% certainty that Dunne still has a legit connection inside the offices in GB. I believe Yoho may remember that connection as well.

Don't blow this off like some of you like to do because it doesn't meet the narrative you want, If McGinn is using that connection it's more than hearsay.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A little more smoke on the not putting in the work speculation. First the scout in the Huber article, now McGinn. Not saying it's true, but interesting it came up again
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Feb 2023 15:31
A little more smoke on the not putting in the work speculation.
Saw that one.
Its disconcerting, but I think there's some merit to it coming from multiple places
IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

wizard 87 wrote:
17 Feb 2023 15:17
FYI, the report is part of Tyler Dunne's network, I can tell everyone here with 100% certainty that Dunne still has a legit connection inside the offices in GB. I believe Yoho may remember that connection as well.

Don't blow this off like some of you like to do because it doesn't meet the narrative you want, If McGinn is using that connection it's more than hearsay.
If Dunne has a hand in it, then I'm intrigued, but if it's McGinn alone, I'm thinking: "Cool story, Bob."
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Feb 2023 15:08
wizard 87 wrote:

Since it's 2023 and it's a McGinn opinion piece, I'm going to assume the exact opposite is true :lol:
I'am under the influence of past negative opinion pieces from Bobby lately too, first thought was the same as yours, Rodgers will be back nudging the back side of Myers or whomever our center is :rotf:

Rodgers didn't appear to put the work in with the skipping the OTA's, true, so much has been made of not spending off season time with the rookie receivers, no one will let that go by, and Lafleur is the guy that kept him out of PS games, so I think some of this stuff is somewhat based on Rodgers age and the interest of McGinn and Dune to trade him and start fresh with Love :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 17 Feb 2023 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2023 16:02
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

I'am under the influence of past negative opinion pieces from Bobby lately too, first thought was the same as yours, Rodgers will be back nudging the back side of Myers or whomever our center is :rotf:

but then he also could be spot on, theres never really a middle ground with McGinn
Oh my gosh, did we just find common ground? :shock: :beer2:
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Feb 2023 16:11
Yoop wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

but then he also could be spot on, theres never really a middle ground with McGinn
Oh my gosh, did we just find common ground? :shock: :beer2:
My biggest fear is that Rodgers goes into a 3 week trance, and we have to endure this longer, this is like waiting on Punxsutawney phil :aok:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
wizard 87 wrote:

Rodgers didn't appear to put the work in with the skipping the OTA's, true, so much has been made of not spending off season time with the rookie receivers, no one will let that go by, and Lafleur is the guy that kept him out of PS games, so I think some of this stuff is somewhat based on Rodgers age and the interest of McGinn and Dune to trade him and start fresh with Love :idn:
I haven't read anything from him in about 10 years. His scouting evaluations back in the day, I found to be pretty accurate. Opinion pieces, can't really say.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

At some point the packers org gotta see that getting cucked by Rodgers at every turn, while still also not winning anymore rings…is lame.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Interesting piece, sensationalized for sure. But I tend to agree that AR has either 1. become complacent, 2. is not as mentally invested in game prep as he once was, or 3. decides too frequently that it’s time for hero ball. This can only be corrected by a change in scenery.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So here's the thing about McGinn.

If he wrote this, I am certain that he has sources within the organization that are indicating this opinionto him. But it also might not be a decision-making source. It might be that someone in the scouting department or an assistant coach is disgusted with Rodgers and thinks he's not coming back. Opinions on players, coaches, personnel, scheme, executives--they vary throughout an organization.

McGinn takes small nuggets and builds strongly-worded narratives. IF Rodgers were to end up back in Green Bay, McGinn, having written this, would use it as proof that the Packers did not do what they really wanted to do, but were cowed by some pressure campaign. If they do move on, McGinn will bask in the glow of being right. But McGinn has chosen his offseason narrative now and he will stick with it no matter what. It's based on something, someone, whatever... but it isn't enough to be reliably counted on to play out--not because he lies, but because he trusts lower-level sources to be in sync or aware of higher-level stances.