Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

My prediction:

I think the four days of darkness is a life changing event. Which means I think he will retire and pursue other interests (in the spotlight).

On the 28th, Aaron won’t announce it on the Mcafee but while on the radio show he will let everyone know he will be meeting with the Packers and media “soon”. Which will mean the next day and on March 1st Aaron Rodgers will retire into Packer folklore.
Love is the answer…

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Jan 2023 13:01
To be honest, I am just ready for this whole saga to be over with. As a Packer fan, we have been ridiculously lucky with Favre and Rodgers, but nearly a decade of my life has been the "Will he, or won't he", or "Trade watch" offseasons. I love Rodgers, and would welcome him back, but would be happy if he moved on and we could watch Love.
This is 100% manufactured by the media. Rodgers has literally said nothing. Don't buy into their crap.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

lulu wrote:
21 Feb 2023 22:02
Packfntk wrote:
To be honest, I am just ready for this whole saga to be over with. As a Packer fan, we have been ridiculously lucky with Favre and Rodgers, but nearly a decade of my life has been the "Will he, or won't he", or "Trade watch" offseasons. I love Rodgers, and would welcome him back, but would be happy if he moved on and we could watch Love.
This is 100% manufactured by the media. Rodgers has literally said nothing. Don't buy into their crap.
Nothing I said has anything with the media, that is my thought. I as a fan don’t know who the Packers starting QB is in 6 months. I would love to know what direction my favorite team is going in. That’s not media, that’s Aaron Rodgers. I’ve given him leeway. Years of it. I’m just exhausted, and ready for the next chapter. He’s gone incredible things, and I will be forever grateful as a fan. Like I said, come back, happy. Leave, a little relieved. But please don’t say this is media.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think it’s telling J Loves team has gone silent after initially hinting they would want out if Rodgers comes back. The FA QB shuffle is about to happen, if he wants to find a wide open starting job..nows the time.

Yes, I think he’s already been told he’s the starting packer qb in 2023
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 06:49
I think it’s telling J Loves team has gone silent after initially hinting they would want out if Rodgers comes back. The FA QB shuffle is about to happen, if he wants to find a wide open starting job..nows the time.

by who, your personal tooth ferry? :lol:

and Love doesn't have any right to go searching for a place to play, he is under contract, and to do so is tampering, if the FO brings Rodgers back and decides to start him, Loves choices are accept his situation or retire

your listening to the media who use anonymous sources to goad people into believing there opinions

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2023 09:30
Drj820 wrote:

and Love doesn't have any right to go searching for a place to play, he is under contract, and to do so is tampering, if the FO brings Rodgers back and decides to start him, Loves choices are accept his situation or retire

your listening to the media who use anonymous sources to goad people into believing there opinions
i actually dont watch much packers media besides a couple twitter accounts because...as ive taken heat on hear from many for saying...the ones who are on the outside are just glorified fans/bloggers who make a living off desperate fans who are desperate for content.

then the ones who are on the inside are so afraid to lose their place on the inside, they dont actually ever break any real news without getting the green light from the team. (see this most recent story about how the team is "done" with rodgers that just happens to come out when rodgers is in his hole)

so, i came to my opinion that Love has been told he is QB1 all on my own by reading the situation and the room. I could be wrong, but its my opinion.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 09:38
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

i actually dont watch much packers media besides a couple twitter accounts because...as ive taken heat on hear from many for saying...the ones who are on the outside are just glorified fans/bloggers who make a living off desperate fans who are desperate for content.

then the ones who are on the inside are so afraid to lose their place on the inside, they dont actually ever break any real news without getting the green light from the team. (see this most recent story about how the team is "done" with rodgers that just happens to come out when rodgers is in his hole)

so, i came to my opinion that Love has been told he is QB1 all on my own by reading the situation and the room. I could be wrong, but its my opinion.
Having an opinion is fine if you take the effort to explain your rational to come to your conclusion (which you did in this case). I too don't really listen to GB local beat writers because I don't see the value they provide, but I do think there are some really good hobbyist media members who have more flexibility on analyzing the team. I also think the beat writers on their podcasts or talk shows are far more open than their written articles.

If you choose to not listen to anybody then there isn't anything to talk about. So I absolutely like to listen to media and hobbyists and then use that for conversation here. After all, isn't that what die hard sports fans are supposed to like to do? Talk about their team? I mean this is a forum.

If there is good thought and rationale behind an assertion, by all means say it. It's the lazy analysis and predetermined/regurgitated conventional wisdom and talking points that I don't like. For example, I appreciate YoHo's draft analysis far more than I appreciate the draft complex's single think analysis on value of prospects.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Jorden Loves team has went silent because to open there mouth is to make the situation tougher on Love, LOve has no control over anything for 2 years, nada, zilch, so why would his team say anything?

and the Beat writers want to sell readers on anything it will take for them to listen, the team is not going to give them any news if it is just speculation or opinion, it's not that you can't trust them, it's simply a lacking of concrete info..

as to the beat writers getting permission to print inside info, what inside info is there, this idea that the FO wants to start Love over Rodgers or Guty wanted to switch them last year seems concocted by the media in the first place, till I hear something directly from the FO or Rodgers then it's hear say, and not to be trusted.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Feb 2023 09:51
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Having an opinion is fine if you take the effort to explain your rational to come to your conclusion (which you did in this case). I too don't really listen to GB local beat writers because I don't see the value they provide, but I do think there are some really good hobbyist media members who have more flexibility on analyzing the team. I also think the beat writers on their podcasts or talk shows are far more open than their written articles.

If you choose to not listen to anybody then there isn't anything to talk about. So I absolutely like to listen to media and hobbyists and then use that for conversation here. After all, isn't that what die hard sports fans are supposed to like to do? Talk about their team? I mean this is a forum.

If there is good thought and rationale behind an assertion, by all means say it. It's the lazy analysis and predetermined/regurgitated conventional wisdom and talking points that I don't like. For example, I appreciate YoHo's draft analysis far more than I appreciate the draft complex's single think analysis on value of prospects.
I come here for football info, I like most of it, I like to read opinion pieces from the media as well, but so much of what is being said concerning the QB situation we have is gossip, mostly Opinions of what the sayer wants the FO to do.

as to draft analysis providers and group think, it has never been any other way, player stock rises or falls based on information gained in the run up to the draft process, group think prevails in every aspect including this forum, Yoho's opinions (and others) start it going, if ya respect the provider, then you'll listen to there opinion.

same thing with this QB stuff, if ya like Silverstein, or Dunn or McGinn etc. you put some stock in what they have to say, again though, it's mostly just opinion, and not solid fact.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:13
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Jorden Loves team has went silent because to open there mouth is to make the situation tougher on Love, LOve has no control over anything for 2 years, nada, zilch, so why would his team say anything?

and the Beat writers want to sell readers on anything it will take for them to listen, the team is not going to give them any news if it is just speculation or opinion, it's not that you can't trust them, it's simply a lacking of concrete info..

as to the beat writers getting permission to print inside info, what inside info is there, this idea that the FO wants to start Love over Rodgers or Guty wanted to switch them last year seems concocted by the media in the first place, till I hear something directly from the FO or Rodgers then it's hear say, and not to be trusted.
Ironic you say Love has no control due to being under contract, while rodgers is also under contract.

Kylin hill was under contract and got free by a little bad behavior.

Point being, If love wants out..he can def get out. This is 2023, not 1972.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:29
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Ironic you say Love has no control due to being under contract, while rodgers is also under contract.

Where is Kylin Hill now? seriously I don't remember the bad behavior, I remember a injury and the Packers didnt extend his contract.

seriously, why would you think that if Love wants out of his contract the team would just play ball, they wont, we have invest 3 years into developing Love, and it's up to us what happens the last 2 years of his rookie contract.

agents have been saying there players are ready to make more money for ever, thats how agents pad there bank accounts, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Russ Ball gave his agent a call and told him to shut his trap, and the team will decide the future of J Love.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:38
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Where is Kylin Hill now? seriously I don't remember the bad behavior, I remember a injury and the Packers didnt extend his contract.

seriously, why would you think that if Love wants out of his contract the team would just play ball, they wont, we have invest 3 years into developing Love, and it's up to us what happens the last 2 years of his rookie contract.

agents have been saying there players are ready to make more money for ever, thats how agents pad there bank accounts, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Russ Ball gave his agent a call and told him to shut his trap, and the team will decide the future of J Love.
Where did you get the idea that Love is under contract for 2 years. He is not. This is his last season unless the Packers exercise the 5th year option which would cost $20 million. The Packers do not have an extra $20 million in cap room for Love's 5th year.

Unless Love is the starting QB this season he is gone. No if's, no buts, no maybe's - GONE!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Feb 2023 11:06
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Where did you get the idea that Love is under contract for 2 years. He is not. This is his last season unless the Packers exercise the 5th year option which would cost $20 million. The Packers do not have an extra $20 million in cap room for Love's 5th year.

Unless Love is the starting QB this season he is gone. No if's, no buts, no maybe's - GONE!
I have seen this comment from you multiple times. The $20M doesn't hit until 2024. Having Rodgers and Love on the roster this year is unlikely, but certainly possible, and certain not impossible from a financial standpoint.

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

the $20 million for the 5th year option isn't paid until 2024, so has no bearing on this years cap. We really don't have much of a real idea of what the 2024 cap will look like, or what the Packers will be carrying on it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that paying Rodgers in 2024 AND paying Love in 2024 isn't going to happen, but I'm doubtful that we will be paying Rodgers in 2024.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2023 11:09
TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Feb 2023 11:06
Yoop wrote:

I have seen this comment from you multiple times. The $20M doesn't hit until 2024. Having Rodgers and Love on the roster this year is unlikely, but certainly possible, and certain not impossible from a financial standpoint.
Actually, having both on roster is cheaper than just Jordan. :lol:

From a ‘23 cap perspective.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

To add, I think we are about $32M below the estimated '24 cap with current contracts. (Gotta add a lot of players and 2 years of draft picks to that).

So about $12M below with a Jordan 5th year option.

Then that would also change to about $52M below the cap if we trade Aaron THIS year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

My stance on Love not being on the team if Rodgers comes back is actually not about money. It’s about Love’s money…if he has any confidence in himself at all…he has to try to get somewhere that he can play! Playing will allow him to put some film on tape and try to get paid after his 5th year. If he has no good tape, he would have no leverage and will certainly be kicking the can further down the road of his pay day where some team gives him like a two year low ball offer and then he would have a chance to get paid if he does well.

He’s gotta get in position to get paid next year. Any good agent would make that happen for him..unless Love knows he suck’s and hiding is his best strategy.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lulu wrote:
21 Feb 2023 22:02
Packfntk wrote:
Rodgers certainly stirred things up more in the past. This year has been pretty fairly modest. Just talking about letting his emotions clear or going to a retreat isn’t controversial.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Chiefs lost tyreke and reinvented the offense, brought in some average guys, and Mahomes got on their same page quickly. Word is Mahomes created his own OTAs and worked with the news guys down in Texas.

Rodgers couldn’t be bothered to come put in some extra times with the new rookies. On top of that whether rodgers or Lafleur to blame…pack lost adams and did nothing to reinvent the O. They pretended they could inject some rookies and nothing would change lol. Totally unacceptable.

Time for rodgers to go take money while not putting in the extra work elsewhere