Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Feb 2023 14:13
wallyuwl wrote:
20 Feb 2023 12:36
I know there is an AR thread, but seeing all the old guys who have dead cap and/or are taking up a lot of the cap for their production makes me think we should just blow the whole thing up (including Gute and maybe MLF) and roll with Love. I had been in the camp of bring AR back since he is the team's best chance to get to and make a run in the playoffs. But this team has way too many bad contracts and bad drafts to be a real contender for the NFC for at least 3 years, with AR or without. And AR has underperformed for the most part in the playoffs in recent years. My thoughts before were mostly because I don't think Love is the guy, he reminds me a lot of Tua with a slightly better arm and of course not the concussions.

Careful, if you think money for Lewis is better spent elsewhere your football IQ will be questioned.
Haha, the part about Lewis was the only thing I disagreed with in the post you got flak for. :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Feb 2023 17:53
Drj820 wrote:
20 Feb 2023 14:13
wallyuwl wrote:
20 Feb 2023 12:36
I know there is an AR thread, but seeing all the old guys who have dead cap and/or are taking up a lot of the cap for their production makes me think we should just blow the whole thing up (including Gute and maybe MLF) and roll with Love. I had been in the camp of bring AR back since he is the team's best chance to get to and make a run in the playoffs. But this team has way too many bad contracts and bad drafts to be a real contender for the NFC for at least 3 years, with AR or without. And AR has underperformed for the most part in the playoffs in recent years. My thoughts before were mostly because I don't think Love is the guy, he reminds me a lot of Tua with a slightly better arm and of course not the concussions.

Careful, if you think money for Lewis is better spent elsewhere your football IQ will be questioned.
Haha, the part about Lewis was the only thing I disagreed with in the post you got flak for. :mrgreen:
Lol yeah. I had a large posts with several points. Yoho picked out one sentence and called me a football idiot because we don’t share the same opinion. Oh well!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Lewis runs like he has poop in his pants. Let him walk.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Feb 2023 21:57
Lewis runs like he has poop in his pants. Let him walk.
What an image. :rotf: The Biden shuffle?

IMO, Lewis needs to leave. He is 1 dimensional. Surely there is 1 OT on the roster that once played TE and can catch a 5 yard softball outlet? If you need him as a coach, make him a coach.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2023 09:44
Wonder how Fat Eddie is doing these days.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
I left Bob Harlan a message one time, told him he needed to take the tailgate tour national, stopping to party with Packer fans across the Nation
He actually left me a message back ( damn, I missed him !) saying that while it was a great idea and would be well attended...the other 31 owners wouldn't be to thrilled with Packers partying in their "territory" .

How cool is that ? A man of Harlan's stature taking time to respond to a mere peasant. Harlan is the Packers

I guess all the other, inferior teams would feel bad after seeing Packer Nation turn out across the country.

Go Packers :beer2:
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Trudge wrote:
21 Feb 2023 09:46
BF004 wrote:
Wonder how Fat Eddie is doing these days.
Yeah. Track Eddie down and buy him a meal...or a couple of meals! :)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Feb 2023 09:39

Amos makes up half that amount.
The deadline passed and we didn't extend.

So these contracts are voided.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il be interested to see what happens to Tonyan. TEs are in short supply and he has shown he has good hands. He could be valuable to a team that knows how to scheme open a TE, or has a QB willing to toss it down the middle of the field.

On the other hand, he was a pretty big dissapointment, even before his knee injury, after his one big year in 2020.

Although I don’t think he’s “good”, I’d say “average”, I take him back if cheap.

I’d also take Reed back and Amos at the right price.

The rest including Lewis: Bye bye

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 07:27
Il be interested to see what happens to Tonyan. TEs are in short supply and he has shown he has good hands. He could be valuable to a team that knows how to scheme open a TE, or has a QB willing to toss it down the middle of the field.

On the other hand, he was a pretty big dissapointment, even before his knee injury, after his one big year in 2020.

Although I don’t think he’s “good”, I’d say “average”, I take him back if cheap.

I think Tonyan is a $4MM to $6MM guy. If someone offers more than that...good for him. But I would sign him to a two year deal worth $6MM per year or less to be a potential gap before our upcoming drafted rookies take the reins.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Feb 2023 08:44
Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 07:27

I think Tonyan is a $4MM to $6MM guy. If someone offers more than that...good for him. But I would sign him to a two year deal worth $6MM per year or less to be a potential gap before our upcoming drafted rookies take the reins.
i think due to desperation of the position, and teams thinking they can get more out of him considering his skillset...that he may get more than that. But i agree I would not want the Packers to pay him more than that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So does the voided years mean anything in terms of resigning or not resigning any of the guys?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:swear:

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:22
So does the voided years mean anything in terms of resigning or not resigning any of the guys?
That's what I've been trying to figure out. I think we eat the void money but if resigned we can structure the new deals however we see fit. Haven't found anything concrete on the internet.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

huh

*Edit
1 year, $940K, nothing guaranteed.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
21 Feb 2023 20:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Feb 2023 09:39

Amos makes up half that amount.
The deadline passed and we didn't extend.

So these contracts are voided.
Yup. Ergo, the comment by Guty earlier in the year that he would renegotiate every contract that he can this year. He needs to, just to keep under the cap.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Madcity_matt wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:59
BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 10:22
That's what I've been trying to figure out. I think we eat the void money but if resigned we can structure the new deals however we see fit. Haven't found anything concrete on the internet.
this makes sense to me too, for instance Amos, is costing us 8 mil. in dead cap already, how much can you afford to pay a good, but declining hybrid safety, his play fell off a lot last year.

same when it comes to receptions, yrds and TD's for Lewis, it's small dead cap money, and he may play for the minimum, imo his blocking skills, team leadership are worth that.

hard to say with the others, Tonyan, after last year could be a cheap resign, but if the team intends to use a high pick on a TE, might be time to cut the cord.