Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Feb 2023 22:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Feb 2023 22:48
Rodgers come up and Loves doesn’t compare. Rodgers got practically a whole game against the NFCs best team in the Cowboys and lit them up pretty good. Love had an awful start where he couldn’t beat a blitz to save his life and a garbage time game against the best team in the NFC.

To me until Love proves he can beat a blitz he’s &%$@.
Yeah, that's true.

But Rodgers also looked like crap when he played in his second year; and didn't look good until he played in his third year. I agree that we can't go off of the Eagles; and I agree that Love looked like he couldn't process and improvise in year 2 against KC.

But I think the notion of "he's crap until he proves he isn't" is a really unfortunate way to experience life and fandom. I hope you find joy.
Love was something like 11-16 last year, of those 5 incompletions, two where long sideline passes that ended up being very hard to catch passes, several other shorter ones where also very tough to make catches, and imo they where off target because Love was being pressured, not damning him, over all those are good stats, but under pressure his accuracy waned, more playing time would have been nice to see how that evolved, imo the ability to deal with pressure is the biggest test for young QB's.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 06:52
YoHoChecko wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Rodgers come up and Loves doesn’t compare. Rodgers got practically a whole game against the NFCs best team in the Cowboys and lit them up pretty good. Love had an awful start where he couldn’t beat a blitz to save his life and a garbage time game against the best team in the NFC.

Yeah, that's true.

But Rodgers also looked like crap when he played in his second year; and didn't look good until he played in his third year. I agree that we can't go off of the Eagles; and I agree that Love looked like he couldn't process and improvise in year 2 against KC.

But I think the notion of "he's crap until he proves he isn't" is a really unfortunate way to experience life and fandom. I hope you find joy.
Love was something like 11-16 last year, of those 5 incompletions, two where long sideline passes that ended up being very hard to catch passes, several other shorter ones where also very tough to make catches, and imo they where off target because Love was being pressured, not damning him, over all those are good stats, but under pressure his accuracy waned, more playing time would have been nice to see how that evolved, imo the ability to deal with pressure is the biggest test for young QB's.
Funny how Love needs to be accurate under pressure, but Rodgers's poor throws are wholesale excused if the OL lets up pressure.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Is it OK if we judge after more than one start?

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:41
lupedafiasco wrote:
I can only judge off of what I have seen. When he gets more time in field I can reevaluate. As of right now Love has been a turd sandwich.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:49
NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I can only judge off of what I have seen. When he gets more time in field I can reevaluate. As of right now Love has been a turd sandwich.
after one full season of Love starting, many will say we need two full seasons of Love starting before we can judge.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

He's going to get 2 years to prove himself. He's a number 1 pick. So give him a reasonable 3 year contract. Use the draft picks you get from AR to build a team that can win without a superstar QB. And if he becomes the new man, we'll have a great shot for the Lombardi.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:55
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

after one full season of Love starting, many will say we need two full seasons of Love starting before we can judge.
And that might be true, but we can make some assumptions on trending, etc. Is it getting better, did he put together a nice stretch of games with one rough one... it is just overwhelmingly stupid to come to a final conclusion from one start.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:57
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

And that might be true, but we can make some assumptions on trending, etc. Is it getting better, did he put together a nice stretch of games with one rough one... it is just overwhelmingly stupid to come to a final conclusion from one start.
point me to who has come to a "final" conclusion, and I will tell them they are being dumb with you.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:59
NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:57
Drj820 wrote:

point me to who has come to a "final" conclusion, and I will tell them they are being dumb with you.
Up about six posts.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:10
Yoop wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, that's true.

Funny how Love needs to be accurate under pressure, but Rodgers's poor throws are wholesale excused if the OL lets up pressure.
no one has excused Rodgers, why does every reply from you have to compare Rodgers at his worst with anything Love has ever done, and Love was never in any of those off target throws that I can remember under some of the pressure Rodgers was last season, nor where his receivers running the wrong routes as they where early season with Rodgers.

your attempt at turning me into a Love hater because I defend Rodgers is so lame.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:19
no one has excused Rodgers,
Yoop wrote:

why does every reply from you have to compare Rodgers at his worst with anything Love has ever done, and Love was never in any of those off target throws that I can remember under some of the pressure Rodgers was last season, nor where his receivers running the wrong routes as they where early season with Rodgers.

your attempt at turning me into a Love hater because I defend Rodgers is so lame.

Rodgers rarely was under as much pressure as Jordan Love was when facing that Steve Spagnola defense with a poor offensive game plan. The few games that come to mind was Jets 2022, Seattle Week 1 2014 and San Francisco 2019.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:19
no one has excused Rodgers,
Nice try, but no one is fooled by this. You have on many occasions put the blame wholly on the OL for Rodgers's throws under pressure.
why does every reply from you have to compare Rodgers at his worst with anything Love has ever done,
To expose the special treatment Rodgers gets and to show how absurd it is.
and Love was never in any of those off target throws that I can remember under some of the pressure Rodgers was last season, nor where his receivers running the wrong routes as they where early season with Rodgers.
AHA!! :twisted:
Nah, the whole "haterz!" accusation is a thing Rodgers fans do, not average Love enjoyers. I am just using the opportunity to discredit the excuses made for Rodgers by showing it's the result of an arbitrary and absurd double-standard rather than anything owing to sound football knowledge (as you love to claim, "go ask people with football IQ!").
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m really enjoying revisiting Love pre-draft evaluations and videos to get myself all cautiously optimistic for the coming era, if/when it comes.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only real weakness I saw from Love in 2023 was his inability to make a play after it broke up. He had two of them in the redzone vs Philly and failed on both.

But when in the pocket, Love performed about as well as you could ask.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:57
The only real weakness I saw from Love in 2023 was his inability to make a play after it broke up. He had two of them in the redzone vs Philly and failed on both.

I can or could sit in the pocket and deliver strikes, I bet every QB drafted could do that, it's when the plays break down, when you've read through all the progressions, and the rushers are starting to shed blocks that a QB is judged, and as you just said, Love failed, I think I counted 4 passes that I bet Love wished he had a do over.

heh Rodgers has those to, what we don't know is how many of those fails will Love have when he plays more, what we do know from the past and not last season is that Rodgers tends to be very good at making something from nothing, maybe Love will become that guy, but 16 passes is not enough to know that.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:09
I can or could sit in the pocket and deliver strikes, I bet every QB drafted could do that,
Counterpoint:
Brian Brohm
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:57

I can or could sit in the pocket and deliver strikes, I bet every QB drafted could do that, it's when the plays break down, when you've read through all the progressions, and the rushers are starting to shed blocks that a QB is judged, and as you just said, Love failed, I think I counted 4 passes that I bet Love wished he had a do over.
What are the two that I am missing?
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Feb 2023 12:31
Yoop wrote:
I can or could sit in the pocket and deliver strikes, I bet every QB drafted could do that,
Counterpoint:
Brian Brohm
accuracy wasn't a issue for Brohm imo. thinking was a challenge though :rotf:

just watch the QB's at the combine, very few will have accuracy problems, when ya don't have to multi task and can just focus on delivering a pass, most of the best college prospects are accurate, outside issues, like pass rush, becomes a two brain affair, imho thats when we see accuracy issues, when a QB has to pay as much attention to his blocking as he does with his receivers getting open, it interferes with set up and delivery, obviously seasoned vets handle this stuff better then most rookies.