Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Feb 2023 09:48
The secondary market drives ticket prices for most fans. Sorry I don't feel bad for 40% of the fans with tickets who have to risk a little more capital on getting a return on investment while actually not going to a game.

Andy Herman said, "I always get sad when not everyone can't go to Packers games" when talking about the Packers ticket prices....

Andy, the Packers face ticket value has nothing to do with almost anyone going to a Packers game. It's all about supply and demand on the secondary market.
Ya, blogger Andy herman is a dummy
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
The secondary market drives ticket prices for most fans. Sorry I don't feel bad for 40% of the fans with tickets who have to risk a little more capital on getting a return on investment while actually not going to a game.

Andy Herman said, "I always get sad when not everyone can't go to Packers games" when talking about the Packers ticket prices....

Andy, the Packers face ticket value has nothing to do with almost anyone going to a Packers game. It's all about supply and demand on the secondary market.
maybe true, still it doesn't mean the average fan can afford to go to a game, or the average Joe being able to take his kid to one, the very worst thing to happen is the TV market driving up the cost of football, now the only people that can afford to go are upper level income people, others have to sacrifice something precious to attend.

the only people to gain from network involvement are the players and owners and the league, as usual the fans pay for it with increased cost, cripes I had to give up Beer, who can afford to drink at 7 bucks a cup :thwap: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This isn’t pop Warner or high school football. It’s the same story in high level college football. With football on tv brought exposure to the team, and the potential for more and more fans. If you want to go watch live football every week, go see Green Bay high play on Friday nights. Green Bay is a franchise with global reach and millions of fans and less than 100k seats per 8/9 home games. Makes sense to me it’s expensive. I live 12 hours away and have attended 4 games live. Each time called for financial investment, planning, and execution of the plan. No problem with this at all. The tv allows me to watch my team weekly.

Do I wish games were cheaper? Heck ya. But games being on tv is great, not bad. This isn’t 1950 and the packers aren’t the local club team. If anything tv takes some of pressure off the fans of funding the team because tv deals cost money. Without that money from the networks, more people would see going to the game as the only way to watch the packers and those fans attending would be funding the entire operation

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Feb 2023 10:37
cripes I had to give up Beer, who can afford to drink at 7 bucks a cup
Not the Packers, either, unless you have a time machine. You are looking more closely to $11-14 for a beer, these days.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

maybe true, still it doesn't mean the average fan can afford to go to a game, or the average Joe being able to take his kid to one, the very worst thing to happen is the TV market driving up the cost of football, now the only people that can afford to go are upper level income people, others have to sacrifice something precious to attend.

the only people to gain from network involvement are the players and owners and the league, as usual the fans pay for it with increased cost, cripes I had to give up Beer, who can afford to drink at 7 bucks a cup :thwap: :lol:
It's a boom or bust situation. Tickets are very expensive when you are a contender and a strong fan base. But tickets in lower markets when the team is bad are dirt cheap. I've sold tickets for $5 before just to get rid of them.

Now beer on the other hand...7 bucks a cup?! :lol: I did a Cincinnati Reds game when I was there and it $18 for a 24 oz beer can. $16 for a 16 oz beer can.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This ensures Preston is back in 2023.

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Feb 2023 19:42
Lazard reminds he of Oscar the Grouch. Nice guy and all but he does belong in a trash can.
He caught 60 passes last year. Of those, 45 were for first downs, and 6 were for touchdowns. 85%! of his passes either got a first down or a touchdown, and he is a very effective AND willing blocker in the run game. Career, he is 120 FD+20 TD on 169 catches (83%)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Feb 2023 11:05
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's a boom or bust situation. Tickets are very expensive when you are a contender and a strong fan base. But tickets in lower markets when the team is bad are dirt cheap. I've sold tickets for $5 before just to get rid of them.

Now beer on the other hand...7 bucks a cup?! :lol: I did a Cincinnati Reds game when I was there and it $18 for a 24 oz beer can. $16 for a 16 oz beer can.
All love to Arthur blank and the Atlanta falcons on this topic. Look up prices for food and drink in the new Mercedes Benz stadium. It’s unreal, and I mean very cheap. $4 beers, $4 nachos. Not sure why Arthur went this route, but I give him my props.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Feb 2023 13:09
go pak go wrote:
25 Feb 2023 11:05
Yoop wrote:

All love to Arthur blank and the Atlanta falcons on this topic. Look up prices for food and drink in the new Mercedes Benz stadium. It’s unreal, and I mean very cheap. $4 beers, $4 nachos. Not sure why Arthur went this route, but I give him my props.
My guess is the Falcons are one of those Boom/Bust teams that has real trouble selling tickets when the team is in bust mode.

So the concession idea was a hedge to get a$$ses in the seats. The Reds did this last year too. It was like $25 gets you unlimited soda, hotdogs and popcorn and then like $5 beers.

These were only on week night games but I too think it is brilliant. You make more money by selling 1,000 hot dogs for $5 a piece than you do selling 100 hot dogs for $10 a piece. In particular, I think teams should at the least should lower concession prices during preseason games. Like give the fans a reason to want to attend these things.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
25 Feb 2023 13:29
So the concession idea was a hedge to get a$$ses in the seats.
Yes indeed. And there's a myriad of reasons why they need more asses in seats- including gripes from the other owners. All teams contribute some of their ticket sales to the league pool and those monies are shared. So if/when one team is lagging, they'll hear about it from the other owners. That's also a part of why GB keeps raising prices and the grand dickhead himself commented on it: Jerry Jones said the Packers have this massive waiting list, they should be charging more ! ( which puts mo money in his pocket)

TV has a stake in it too- they don't want empty seats tarnishing their broadcast. The football game has to be seen as THE place to be, it helps with ratings. There's parking $$ and lots of ancillary local cash from having a well-attended NFL game. And Arthur Blank is still paying off the debt on that dome in ATL.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
22 Feb 2023 18:11
@RingoCStarrQB not gonna be happy…

Invoice received, Thank You 13-Time World Champion Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl Champions I, II, XXXI, XL.

In the letter signed my Mark Murphy that accompanied the invoice, he was sure to tell us:

"We greatly appreciated your support at Lambeau Field during the 2022 season. Your passion and enthusiasm were definitely on full display. Our players and coaches praised the environment at home as the best in the NFL. The team fed off that energy throughout the season and produced some great moments as we went 5 - 3 at home. ..........."

There was no mention of the wonderfully disgusting 8 - 9 overall record, and the lack of clutch play in the 4th quarter versus the Lions. Later on the news regarding the ticket price increases was laid out ($3, $5, $6, $7, $9 depending on seat location). Preseason game ticket prices are again discounted compared to the regular season ticket prices

:dance: :nuts: :rotfl: :beer: :slapfight:

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Yikes :hide:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not a huge fan of the Preston restructure. Maybe that had no other choice but that’s a deal I think we need to get out of sooner than later.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Feb 2023 10:47
Not a huge fan of the Preston restructure. Maybe that had no other choice but that’s a deal I think we need to get out of sooner than later.
It's an odd year. Take advantage of his odd year. Draft somebody this year and the swallow the dead cap in 2024.

I was 50/50 on Preston. On one hand I am very much "clean house" but on the other I want to still keep a winning culture. Our Edge room would be completely empty if we had to rely on Enegbare and a rookie until November. So I don't hate bringing back the veteran leadership.

But I am starting to no liking this cap deferral with no results to show for it.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It would have cost $11 million more on the cap to cut him. While, I personally, would have rather not, it was an understandable adjustment.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
26 Feb 2023 12:01
But I am starting to no liking this cap deferral with no results to show for it.
cap deferral guarantees nothing. Cap conservatism guarantees nothing.
Its merely the price of admission.

As far as no results ?

47-16 is not nothing; if you actually think it's nothing- I can't help you, you'll need professionals. 8-)

Try this exercise:
How many of the 31 other NFL franchises won 47 games over the last 4 seasons ? I'll hang up and await your answer.
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Preston doesn't miss games. That's huge with what we have at edge right now. He's a starter in this league and is in his odd year. He's a good teammate and we'll liked. I don't have any issue

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
It's an odd year. Take advantage of his odd year. Draft somebody this year and the swallow the dead cap in 2024.

I was 50/50 on Preston. On one hand I am very much "clean house" but on the other I want to still keep a winning culture. Our Edge room would be completely empty if we had to rely on Enegbare and a rookie until November. So I don't hate bringing back the veteran leadership.

for goodness sakes, the league just went through hell with covid, almost every team is carrying dead cap money in part as a result of that, and all you ever do is complain about checks and balances, and dumping any player not on a rookie contract, I'am sure glad your not our GM.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Feb 2023 12:41
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

for goodness sakes, the league just went through hell with covid, almost every team is carrying dead cap money in part as a result of that, and all you ever do is complain about checks and balances, and dumping any player not on a rookie contract, I'am sure glad your not our GM.
The only player I can think that I complained about dumping not on a rookie contract was Z'darius Smith. I knew it was coming. But I felt like it could have been avoided had both parties planned and played together better.

Other than that I don't think I have complained about any player dumping not on a rookie contract. But would am open to be enlightened.

And trust me. I'm glad I'm not the GM either. I don't have the football knowledge to be one.
Yoop wrote: