Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Mar 2023 22:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Mar 2023 21:05
Daniel Jones didn’t have a better year than Rodgers. No convincing me of that absurdity.
Ok, you don't have to be convinced; but, fwiw, it's dang close.
I mean Jones outplayed Rodgers when they went head-to-head this past season, lol.

And for all the complaining about our WR situation, the WR group that Jones had to work with was way worse than ours at any point of the season. Still outplayed Errant.

I think some folks are having trouble coming to terms with the decline in Rodgers's play. The idea of comparing Rodgers to the middle-of-the-road QBs at a given time was unthinkable for a long while (other than 2018-2019), and a lot of people are still operating under that mindset, but in reality it has now become arguable.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Lol wait till this year.

I am excited for this year.

Can't wait for all the posters on this forum to say

"Yeah I knew Rodgers wad good but but but"

Get ready to be embarrassed ... again ...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
02 Mar 2023 09:08
Lol wait till this year.

So you must think Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs are pretty awesome huh?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
02 Mar 2023 09:08
Lol wait till this year.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Mar 2023 15:56
I don't much care if someone thinks I'm a Rodgers hater or not. I equivocate on some issues because I think there's room for some nuance.
I've never accused you of this, and everyone has a right to there opinions, but when people over look the reason we've lost games and just blame Rodgers for not being able to over come failures of the rest of the team, then thats what bugs me.

I think most of my angst centers on our GM's, Ted and Brian, Ted for not continuing to draft receivers, and Brian for avoiding improving the position since the day he became GM, seriously that guy made it a point not to draft a high floor receiver till last year.

I'am on record here for not approving any contract Rodgers has been given after his rookie deal, no kidding there where people here that went gaga because we had the most expensive NFL player in 2011, and I especially didn't like the shut up money given in the off season after Ted was demoted and Guty was promoted to take his place, which to me is when this all started spiraling out of orbit.

IMHO we wasted the talents of a great QB by denying him better receivers and instead spent a fortune building a very average defense, so we basically screwed ourselves two fold, and I havn't even mentioned special teams which seemed like a after thought ever since we've been on this defense or bust trip.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

people over look the reason we've lost games and just blame Rodgers for not being able to over come failures of the rest of the team, then thats what bugs me.
Maybe this is all just a misunderstanding. What I am going to say is 100% facts. No one on this forum has just blamed Aaron Rodgers for any of our 2022 losses.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 Mar 2023 08:21
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Mar 2023 22:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Mar 2023 21:05
Daniel Jones didn’t have a better year than Rodgers. No convincing me of that absurdity.
Ok, you don't have to be convinced; but, fwiw, it's dang close.
I mean Jones outplayed Rodgers when they went head-to-head this past season, lol.

And for all the complaining about our WR situation, the WR group that Jones had to work with was way worse than ours at any point of the season. Still outplayed Errant.

I think some folks are having trouble coming to terms with the decline in Rodgers's play. The idea of comparing Rodgers to the middle-of-the-road QBs at a given time was unthinkable for a long while (other than 2018-2019), and a lot of people are still operating under that mindset, but in reality it has now become arguable.

snip

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just find it funny that those who complained why the Packers sucked last year was due to a horrible supporting offensive cast (league worst and/or worst in NFL history mind you) are now saying, "I am excited for the 2023 Packers offense and Rodgers" with essentially the same cast of characters. :idn:

You don't go from league worst to excited because one guy has 8 games of experience and another guy feels more comfortable on an injured leg. Yet that is essentially the argument being assembled as to why we need to do whatever it takes to bring Aaron back.

Sounds like contradictory talk to me.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Mar 2023 09:45
I just find it funny that those who complained why the Packers sucked last year was due to a horrible supporting offensive cast (league worst and/or worst in NFL history mind you) are now saying, "I am excited for the 2023 Packers offense and Rodgers" with essentially the same cast of characters. :idn:

You don't go from league worst to excited because one guy has 8 games of experience and another guy feels more comfortable on an injured leg. Yet that is essentially the argument being assembled as to why we need to do whatever it takes to bring Aaron back.

Sounds like contradictory talk to me.
this is what stumps me about you and a few others here, but I should expect it, after all according to you Rodgers was the problem and not the receivers or the OL, or the stinking defense, just Rodgers, blah blah blah.

all 3 drafted WR's stand a good chance of continuing to improve as they did the last part of last season, and the same can be said for the OL, you chose to focus your belief that Rodgers was the main problem, which was wrong, and you refuse to believe he's the best choice for the job this year, fine, but don't twist this up with your confusion about what was actually wrong last year and denying that it shouldn't be better this year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:10
after all according to you Rodgers was the problem and not the receivers or the OL, or the stinking defense, just Rodgers, blah blah blah.
Again, NO. This is not the case and never has been the case. NO ONE on this forum has ever said just Rodgers was the problem.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:13
Yoop wrote:
after all according to you Rodgers was the problem and not the receivers or the OL, or the stinking defense, just Rodgers, blah blah blah.
Again, NO. This is not the case and never has been the case. NO ONE on this forum has ever said just Rodgers was the problem.
This recent response from [mention]Labrev[/mention] bears repeating:
Labrev wrote:Also, just the mere fact of being critical of Rodgers means you will be seen as a "hater" by his Taliban no matter what. Whereas most others respond to that by trying to tone it down and trying to prove that they are not haters, I believe it is better to just embrace the full power of the dark side and just become one full-fledged, especially if you will just be seen as it regardless, then you get all the downside of being one and none of the benefits (and there are benefits)!
Screw it. Might as well embrace it if you're going to be repeatedly accused of it anyway...

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Who wants to join the official He-Man Rodger-Haters Club™ ? Club dues only $29.95 per month. :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's how I know that we shouldn't be sure of anything in the future.

RODGERS' quote from that podcast was: "Obviously there were changes that happened on the team and the coaching staff and I didn't have my best year playing and there's probably people who think I'm done. I thought I was done before I became MVP twice."

Emphasis added by me. After 2018/2019, Rodgers himself wasn't sure he had it left. Rodgers himself wasn't sure he could be MVP again. If Rodgers can embrace doubt and criticism of his play (internally, obvi, he's defiant outwardly), and wonder if below-standard play indicates that his future may not be bright, then we as fans should be willing to accept questioning and critiquing and considerations.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:36
Who wants to join the official He-Man Rodger-Haters Club™ ? Club dues only $29.95 per month. :lol:
Well since I and Labrev are 1a and 1b on the list you all should be paying us! :lol:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I really think Rodgers was the problem.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:41
Here's how I know that we shouldn't be sure of anything in the future.

RODGERS' quote from that podcast was: "Obviously there were changes that happened on the team and the coaching staff and I didn't have my best year playing and there's probably people who think I'm done. I thought I was done before I became MVP twice."

Emphasis added by me. After 2018/2019, Rodgers himself wasn't sure he had it left. Rodgers himself wasn't sure he could be MVP again. If Rodgers can embrace doubt and criticism of his play (internally, obvi, he's defiant outwardly), and wonder if below-standard play indicates that his future may not be bright, then we as fans should be willing to accept questioning and critiquing and considerations.
come on Yoho, that comment was soooo out of character, thought he was done before covid, done here with the Packers maybe, I'd believe that, but mostly because he was threatening to hold out after Guty drafted his replacement, seriously Rodgers talents hadn't declined, it was simply his attitude towards the FO, namely Guty.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Mar 2023 10:13
Yoop wrote:
This recent response from @Labrev bears repeating:
Labrev wrote:Also, just the mere fact of being critical of Rodgers means you will be seen as a "hater" by his Taliban no matter what. Whereas most others respond to that by trying to tone it down and trying to prove that they are not haters, I believe it is better to just embrace the full power of the dark side and just become one full-fledged, especially if you will just be seen as it regardless, then you get all the downside of being one and none of the benefits (and there are benefits)!
Screw it. Might as well embrace it if you're going to be repeatedly accused of it anyway...
It wasn't criticism of Rodgers play, it was focusing the blame for every PO loss on Rodgers, and those that did it should own it, but as you see that aint happening, what a bunch of two faced fans this forum has become.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Blaming Rodgers for EVERY playoff loss? No. Just yesterday, I said in a reply TO YOU, yoop, that I do not blame him for playoff losses where he individually played well, using the Arizona losses as examples.

See, irrational hate like that would just discredit my stance, so I don't just wantonly attack him for everything. I take great care to keep my hate rational. It is exactly because I keep the narrative against him fact-based, nuanced, coherent, and sound that makes it so powerful, and why the enemy can never quit us no matter how hard they try. :twisted:

But "focusing the blame" on him?

Yes. Yes!!! A thousand times, YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

He's QB1. If he plays a bad game, which has been the case in *most* of our playoff losses (not merely being unproductive in ways that are caused by other players, but bad throws/decisions), then that's absolutely where the blame should be focused, 99 times out of 100.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ah, in typical fashion, the statement is now changing. It went from blaming just Rodgers to focusing the blame on Rodgers.

No, no one blamed just Rodgers.

Yes, the QB should have praise and blame focused on them. They are the only position that is assigned wins and losses.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.ebay.com/b/Wurlitzer-Machin ... n_57670242

tune changers, now it's we never said Rodgers was to blame, nope never said that :rotf: