Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

…and yet another nice thread going to waste. At least this one can still be salvaged.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2023 08:31
what bothers some of you is that I wont go along with dissing Rodgers to support Love,
Well Rodgers was not part of my reply to lupe at all, much less any "dissing" of him.

The only way that could be is if you (childishly) came in here with the mindset of :favre: "ohhhhh you Rodgerz haterz wanna insult my HIERO?!? Well I'll show you by attacking YOUR boy!!!" :favre:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2023 08:37
…and yet another nice thread going to waste. At least this one can still be salvaged.

:aok:

Thanks for pointing that out. Let's not rehash the same Rodgers arguments in a thread focused on Love.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
08 Mar 2023 10:48
Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2023 08:37

:aok:

Thanks for pointing that out. Let's not rehash the same Rodgers arguments in a thread focused on Love.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

PS my YouTube algorithm is getting so whacked out by this intense combo of draft highlights and multi-era, multi-genre love songs

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 11:19
PS my YouTube algorithm is getting so whacked out by this intense combo of draft highlights and multi-era, multi-genre love songs
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've already been cussed by my wife for some of the additions YouTube is now offering in our shared video feed.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
08 Mar 2023 08:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Mar 2023 07:49
The Eagles game is not real to me. That game was over when he came in. He looked good in garbage time which isn’t a real evaluation point for me.
One of the Eagles defenders (CB Slay) said that they were not playing easier while Love was in the game.
Oh cool! And I bet when Robert Saleh says they’re still committed to Zach Wilson that’s true too.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Mar 2023 12:08
Labrev wrote:
08 Mar 2023 08:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Mar 2023 07:49
The Eagles game is not real to me. That game was over when he came in. He looked good in garbage time which isn’t a real evaluation point for me.
One of the Eagles defenders (CB Slay) said that they were not playing easier while Love was in the game.
Oh cool! And I bet when Robert Saleh says they’re still committed to Zach Wilson that’s true too.
It would be so much easier for Slay to be like "Nah, man, we were playing prevent. Game was over." He doesn't gain anything by saying they were playing hard.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Look, I'm on the Love train, but a player always has something to lose by saying they weren't playing hard. Players are expected to always play hard. Admitting otherwise is counter to lifetimes of social and psychological conditioning.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think it's best to just take the Eagles game for what it was. A great performance in a small and limited sample size of play.

There doesn't need to be much more qualification beyond that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Slay's praise was above and beyond "coachspeak" if you will. He said more in his favor than he had to.

If you do not want to grant the Slay thing, fine, I will give that one to you.

The way more compelling thing in Love's favor is the fact that Rodgers did not know his fate after the Lions loss. If Love could not play, and Rodgers would know this, then he would know he's playing however much longer in Green Bay as he wants (as planned).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 12:45
Look, I'm on the Love train, but a player always has something to lose by saying they weren't playing hard. Players are expected to always play hard. Admitting otherwise is counter to lifetimes of social and psychological conditioning.
I respectfully disagree: If he said "we were playing prevent" that does not reflect on his effort at all. Players use that excuse all the time because it shifts the blame onto the coaches.

Your last sentence is spot on, however.
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Lupe is right. Eagles game was useless. Game was over the defence was giving cushion.

Chiefs game is his only real footage.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

we werent even sure if Love could hit a wide open guy before the eagles game. He at least showed he could throw it accurately with plenty of time and if the WR is wide open.

Does it mean he will do well next year? No. But it did show us things about him that we did not know
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Mar 2023 14:08
we werent even sure if Love could hit a wide open guy before the eagles game. He at least showed he could throw it accurately with plenty of time and if the WR is wide open.

Does it mean he will do well next year? No. But it did show us things about him that we did not know
Love hit some balls in NFL windows. He also got some guys in the right spot that weren’t caught. Somewhere in this thread is a tweet with all of his throws in 2022. It’s from Justis Mosqueda if you want to look for it on Twitter.

He can throw the ball. Sometimes it’s a little behind but still catchable, particularly on slants.

But stop with this wide open guys stuff. He made regular throws against regular widows to regular wide receivers.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 14:12
But stop with this wide open guys stuff. He made regular throws against regular widows to regular wide receivers.
I read an interesting article from preseason, talking about what the coaches were asking from Love last August. The fans wanted to see Love string together a bunch of layups vs vanilla defenses - but you don't learn much from that. MLF and coaches pushed Love to go through his reads and get to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ones so they can get a better feel for his abilities. Anybody can take what the defense is giving, they wanted to know if Love could take what he wanted. And he did.

There's plenty of real evidence and real commentary from smart people who understand QB play and QB development- and they've been universally impressed with Love's progress and play. These are well- educated football folks who's opinions actually matter.

IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

The sideline throw that Aaron Jones dropped was
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
08 Mar 2023 14:43
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 14:12
I read an interesting article from preseason, talking about what the coaches were asking from Love last August. The fans wanted to see Love string together a bunch of layups vs vanilla defenses - but you don't learn much from that. MLF and coaches pushed Love to go through his reads and get to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ones so they can get a better feel for his abilities. Anybody can take what the defense is giving, they wanted to know if Love could take what he wanted. And he did.

There's plenty of real evidence and real commentary from smart people who understand QB play and QB development- and they've been universally impressed with Love's progress and play. These are well- educated football folks who's opinions actually matter.

serious?? you brought some comments from his personal QB's coach, he said he was more impressed with his misses then most of the completed passes, he specially was excited with 2 deep throws not completed, I looked at those and one throw was a yrd out of bounds, basically a un catchable pass, just saying imo his personal QB coaches opinion left me wondering more about him then Jarrod :idn:

I still think it's tough to know how good a prospect is till they have to deal with all out pass rush, and we only saw a couple plays under those conditions, and both times Jarrod rushed his delivery and the passes ended up to hard to catch, and weren't caught.

the coaches and football people can say what ever they want, when we see Jarrod under more dedicated pass rush then we can better make a informed evaluation, till then we are strictly going by his physical ability, and again most QB's picked by a pro team can deliver accurate passes with no pass rush, being able to be composed, read progressions, make quick decisions, while also moving and avoiding a pass rusher is what separates starter talent from the second stringers, hopefully Love has that ability.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Who the hell is Jarrod?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.