Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
08 Mar 2023 21:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 21:13
Moving Rodgers costs cap space, not clears it; that means that there's no real deadline to do so. Yes, I WANT to get it done before free agency. But if the Packers say "he's simply not leaving our roster without a 1st in compensation, the pressure is on the Jets to get it done. A first for Rodgers, 2 firsts for Jackson, or sign Jimmy G? They'll cough it up.
Yeah the only pressing thing for us is we would have to pay if Rodgers doesnt retire and it turns into Week 1 and he's still a Packere.

But I agree. Put the pressure on the Jets. I'm hearing now that "it may not take even take a first rounder" talk and I think that is ridiculous. The Jets clearly want him BAD. Make them pay for it.
I hear ya. But I look at it more about the value. Rodgers would give them something that they clearly don’t have. It’ll cost them to acquire that. They need to pay.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

No idea who this dude is or if he’s credible. I just repost tweets and roll….

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
08 Mar 2023 22:06

It’s a joke thread about American Psycho.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 22:13
APB wrote:

He already has a reservation at Dorsia

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 22:13
APB wrote:

Oh lort...:lol:

Damn it. I wish I'd have actually read through some of that thread. I'd have had a lot more fun with the OP.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

More and more smart people continue to say it’s the money/contract that is screwing up compensation/complicating things.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t screw this up Erin

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 07:10

More and more smart people continue to say it’s the money/contract that is screwing up compensation/complicating things.
ya don't need a IQ to come to the conclusion that the new team doesn't want to pay for the old teams mistakes

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2023 21:40
go pak go wrote:
08 Mar 2023 21:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 21:13
Moving Rodgers costs cap space, not clears it; that means that there's no real deadline to do so. Yes, I WANT to get it done before free agency. But if the Packers say "he's simply not leaving our roster without a 1st in compensation, the pressure is on the Jets to get it done. A first for Rodgers, 2 firsts for Jackson, or sign Jimmy G? They'll cough it up.
Yeah the only pressing thing for us is we would have to pay if Rodgers doesnt retire and it turns into Week 1 and he's still a Packere.

But I agree. Put the pressure on the Jets. I'm hearing now that "it may not take even take a first rounder" talk and I think that is ridiculous. The Jets clearly want him BAD. Make them pay for it.
I hear ya. But I look at it more about the value. Rodgers would give them something that they clearly don’t have. It’ll cost them to acquire that. They need to pay.
yes
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Is there some meat to the bone of him going to the Jets or is it still 50/50 until he‘ll give notice?

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Mar 2023 09:40
Is there some meat to the bone of him going to the Jets or is it still 50/50 until he‘ll give notice?
I'm leaning towards very likely. I don't think AR would have entertained the NY brass if he didn't want to continue playing. I don't think the Packers would have allowed him to talk to Rodgers if they didn't want to trade him. Although I believe he wants to play, I think Rodgers decision depends on the situation for the upcoming season.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Mar 2023 09:40
Plenty of meat, he has permission to seek a trade and Jets sent the cavalry to go meet with him. There does not seem to be much question that he will play next year as opposed to retiring.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2023 13:07
For discussion, IF Rodgers gets traded, will Packers also trade Bahktiari?
I think I may just prefer... keep Bakh, tender Yosh w/ a 2nd (and I think a team will bite).

Get however much all-pro play out of Bakh that he has left (which will *really* help our young starting QB), play Tom at RT and then move him to LT permanently when Bakh leaves, and I feel like we will have our starting RT and backup swing-tackle between Jones, R. Walker, Tenuta, maybe even Newman or Rhyan, not to mention any draft-picks, FA and UDFA tackle signings we pick up between now and when Bakh leave.

That said, I am totally open to just trading him alongside Rodgers, there are certainly scenarios where that can make a lot of sense.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not that I wish injury on 12. I actually hope he does well in NY, if he goes.

But age 39 season it was the thumb.
Whats age 40 gonna be like?

I think his arm talent is gonna be there, I think the injury cliff was come soon.

Glad it hits in NY and not GB
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2023 09:56

I think I may just prefer... keep Bakh, tender Yosh w/ a 2nd (and I think a team will bite).
I know a national media voice just chimed in to say this, but honestly restricted free agents almost never sign offer sheets. It would be an extreme long shot to get a second round pick for Njimen.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2023 09:47

Plenty of meat, he has permission to seek a trade and Jets sent the cavalry to go meet with him. There does not seem to be much question that he will play next year as opposed to retiring.
And not for the Packers it seems, else why permit him to talk to the Jets if you REALLY want him back? As I previously wrote though I know thru reason that a trade is the best for us I‘d be sad to lose him, not only because he is our franchise player for forever but also because I still hope last season was some freak for him.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2023 09:54
I disagree with everything in that post @wallyuwl

It’s already a year too late.

Aaron Rodgers could not function better than even Andy Dalton with a broken thumb. It was awful. He played poorly and we lost five straight games.

Rodgers is not better for the team in 2023 because Rodgers refuses to adjust his game to account for receivers who lack experience and don’t know his brain inside and out.

Plus we have multiple sources, including a tacit admission himself, saying that Gutey wanted Love playing last year, but he’s the GM, not the coach.
Will AR have a broken thumb in 2023? The receivers won't be rookies anymore. But it would benefit AR and the team if he showed up to non-mandatory workouts/camps. Don't think it will matter, though, looks increasingly likely he will be traded.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 10:09
Not that I wish injury on 12. I actually hope he does well in NY, if he goes.

But age 39 season it was the thumb.
Whats age 40 gonna be like?

I think his arm talent is gonna be there, I think the injury cliff was come soon.

Glad it hits in NY and not GB
Rodgers actually played through a knee thing too. He’s actually a pretty tough guy and plays through quite a lot. No reason that I can think of that he wouldn’t continue to do the same. For Pete’s sake, he had a cracked fibula when he came back in the same game against da Bears and played the entire season.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:46

Right. So does that indicate that Clark will be part of a trade to the Packers? Have to wonder…