Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

For those that are saying, "I don't think the Jets will want to give up more than a 3rd round pick for one year of Aaron Rodgers" need to remember that the 49ers gave up a 3rd and 4th round pick for a half season of Emmanual Sanders
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Mar 2023 17:57
For those that are saying, "I don't think the Jets will want to give up more than a 3rd round pick for one year of Aaron Rodgers" need to remember that the 49ers gave up a 3rd and 4th round pick for a half season of Emmanual Sanders
And the Patriots gave up a 2nd for Mohammed Sanu.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Mar 2023 17:57
I don't think more than 1 person is saying that. I personally wouldn't be upset if negotiations went from 1 and change, but pick up some contract money to 2 and change with no contract money picked up. And yes, the contract was a mistake, but for this transaction it is water under the bridge for me. It is still the correct decision to deal him. I think we will get a 1st, but might not be this year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jets gotta be getting nervous as time goes on just waiting on a nut case to accept their engagement ring!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

So the Jets say they have the contract *and* the trade compensation in place.....

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Funny thing about all the young Jets vibing on twitch is that will repulse 12 and make him LESS likely to come to NY.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
09 Mar 2023 16:13
Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2023 16:01
The reason that 12’s contract can be viewed as bad (or worse) is when it is looked at in hindsight. Given that the Packers knew 1) that 12 was coming off 2x MVPs, and 2) the uncertainty at the time of Love’s development, Guty was justifiable in making that contract. And as the market for QBs is now evolving in front of our eyes, it seems that much less back-breaking as we might’ve said last year.

I see Guty as handling very complicated circumstances pretty well. The only way that I think he might’ve done better was if he would’ve signed 12 to a below market contract. Trouble is that 2x MVP assured that was an unrealistic expectation.
Gute should have grown a pair and told Rodgers to honor his contract he relooked at and signed in 2021 or it's time to move on and deal with those consequences.

Gute gambled on bringing the band back for another crack at it and failed. It was a failure. I understand why he did it. He was so close for 3 years. But he held on one year too long and we are now paying the consequences of a wasted 2022 season, wasted cap space, and wasted draft capital.
The margin between success and failure in the NFL is very narrow. That is why you might call it failure and I might say that it’s actually better than we think. 2023 will tell. To me, injuries took an immense toll. And rookie receivers needed time to mature enough. Even so, we were one game away from getting into the playoffs. I think that’s remarkable. By no means was it what I hoped for. But this team was still competitive in week 17.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gonna be pretty funny when we ship Rodgers and a bunch of those other older guys out because we're rebuilding, but then win the Super Bowl anyway because MLF has been an offensive genius the whole time and Rodgers' contributions actually made it worse.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 18:14
At first, I don’t know why any player would know the details of what’s happening. Even so, I do think it’ll probably take a while to unpack the deal. I do think that the Pack will gain more value and lessen the financial impact by doing a three-way trade. And maybe it’s even more than that!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2023 18:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
At first, I don’t know why any player would know the details of what’s happening. Even so, I do think it’ll probably take a while to unpack the deal. I do think that the Pack will gain more value and lessen the financial impact by doing a three-way trade. And maybe it’s even more than that!
He’s saying other FAs will line up to play in NY with them

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2023 18:49
The margin between success and failure in the NFL is very narrow. That is why you might call it failure and I might say that it’s actually better than we think. 2023 will tell. To me, injuries took an immense toll. And rookie receivers needed time to mature enough. Even so, we were one game away from getting into the playoffs. I think that’s remarkable. By no means was it what I hoped for. But this team was still competitive in week 17.
Half the league made the playoffs, and we weren't in that half. Finishing 13th or 14th out of 30 might not be called failure, but it isn't success.

And all we had to do differently to get to the playoffs was to win either game against Detroit. Detroit weren't a good side, and like all Detroit teams, they were able and willing to lose to anyone competent. With the squad we had last year PLUS and MVP quarterback, finishing in the bottom half of the league was failure, IMO.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 19:02
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
I’m sure you are right, to a degree. But “package deals” means trades, I think.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2023 16:01
The reason that 12’s contract can be viewed as bad (or worse) is when it is looked at in hindsight. Given that the Packers knew 1) that 12 was coming off 2x MVPs, and 2) the uncertainty at the time of Love’s development, Guty was justifiable in making that contract. And as the market for QBs is now evolving in front of our eyes, it seems that much less back-breaking as we might’ve said last year.

I see Guty as handling very complicated circumstances pretty well. The only way that I think he might’ve done better was if he would’ve signed 12 to a below market contract. Trouble is that 2x MVP assured that was an unrealistic expectation.
Gute should have grown a pair and told Rodgers to honor his contract he relooked at and signed in 2021 or it's time to move on and deal with those consequences.

Gute gambled on bringing the band back for another crack at it and failed. It was a failure. I understand why he did it. He was so close for 3 years. But he held on one year too long and we are now paying the consequences of a wasted 2022 season, wasted cap space, and wasted draft capital.
7 out of 16 teams make the playoffs. You have to have a low bar to have postseason be an accomplishment. Playoffs is a success in 2023 with Jordan Love. Squeaking in the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers at 9-8 would not have been a success.

The only thing successful about 2022 was Christian Watson, Aaron Jones and Rashan Gary
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
funny that the people that think Rodgers sucks the most are members of this forum :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Sure. Combine the NYC area and a HOF QB like Rodgers, then all sorts of people will want to play there. Understandable.

So, it seems like the Jets have set the table and it just takes Rodgers to sit at it now. The Packers will agree to some sort of deal quickly, if they haven’t already.

I still think that maybe 12 is making calls to a couple of other teams. Maybe he can stir up some interest before he commits to the Jets.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2023 20:33
Drj820 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

funny that the people that think Rodgers sucks the most are members of this forum :rotf:
Aaron Rodgers is just past his prime. There are no hats to pull rabbits out of anymore. He needs an exceptional team around him to be successful now. We're now the 89ers and have to do something about it before it gets any worse. Lambeau will be a much happier place to be once the incessant booing stops. :clap:

Oh by the way ............. the NY metro area is over-rated. And the East Rutherford Giants led by RB Barkley are still the fan favorite over the Florham Park Jets.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 Mar 2023 19:28
Scott4Pack wrote:
go pak go wrote:

7 out of 16 teams make the playoffs. You have to have a low bar to have postseason be an accomplishment. Playoffs is a success in 2023 with Jordan Love. Squeaking in the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers at 9-8 would not have been a success.

The only thing successful about 2022 was Christian Watson, Aaron Jones and Rashan Gary
I thought you thought Love was a success, guess not, and if you think a guy that plays half a season is a success then what about Bahk? same thing, hell Bahk I'd think had a higher Grade then Gary, we have a lot more talent on this team then just those 3 players, what about Nixon, or Alexander, and if Doubs didn't impress you then you need to see a optometrist, seriously.

and now making the PO's is a low bar, I guess where all guilty of taking that for granted, so it doesn't mean as much to us, thing is there are about 31 other teams that would love to have our record over the last 15 years, but since we only have one SB trophy in that span, we are a failure according to some fans, wow

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Mar 2023 20:51
Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2023 20:33
Drj820 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers is just past his prime. There are no hats to pull rabbits out of anymore. He needs an exceptional team around him to be successful now. We're now the 89ers and have to do something about it before it gets any worse. Lambeau will be a much happier place to be once the incessant booing stops. :clap:

Oh by the way ............. the NY metro area is over-rated. And the East Rutherford Giants led by RB Barkley are still the fan favorite over the Florham Park Jets.
no way is Barkley a bigger draw then Rodgers, your letting your hatred cloud your judgement, we could have had more UFA interest but the word is out that we keep a tight wallet, or more so that we wont over pay, that is the main reason and we've even heard that from UFA that we didn't get to ink a deal here, and plenty of players that left, the studs want more then just a fair deal, like it or don't thats just the way it is

I have no idea what the compensation will be for Rodgers, lots of variables involved, like is it a 1, 2, or 3 year deal the Jets want, also whos getting stuck with dead money and how much, that will affect what the Jets will give us, but either way Rodgers isn't even close to being as dilapidated as you and others are acting as though he is, you have a personal dislike for him I get that, but give him a little time with some quality receivers and he'll be slinging it like he was a couple years ago