Scott 1st 2023 Mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Scott 1st 2023 Mock

Post by Scott4Pack »

Here’s my first mock this year, showing a trade of Rodgers for NYJ #43.

pff_mock_results.png
pff_mock_results.png (502.02 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I didn’t pay for the “pro” info. So, to be honest, I don’t know a lot about these guys. But I wanted to get a mock out there sooner than later.

I wanted a good receiving target for the RZ and third downs, so I went with a TE. Kincaid isn’t actually my first pick. I’d love us to get the guy from Norte Dame, but he wasn’t available in the mock (already taken). But Kincaid is good and should be Love’s security blanket.

Smith is an interior guy and we do need help there.

The trade for Rodgers will not yield a 1st, in my view. (Hope that I’m wrong.)

Adebawore is an edge guy. I want an edge picked high, but I really don’t know much about him.

Williams seems to be speedy enough, if raw. He will fit in nicely and have time to develop.

Wypler is a Big10 guy and helps the competitive nature of our Center position that is needed.

McGuire is another edge guy. But he can fill in at ST. And maybe we can get a few snaps in the Edge rotation meanwhile.

Kuntz might be a ST guy for a time. But we will find, with a new starting QB, that we cannot have enough TEs. And “Kuntz” is a good name for a Packer!

O’Connell fit in round 5. He will be talented enough if Love goes down. And he might become good enough to start (on a different team) someday.

Winters is another good name for a Packer. Put him on ST for a season. Same for Miller.

Shorter might actually turn into something. And in round 7, that’s okay if it takes time.

Luepke is another great Packer name. Watson would’ve put in a word for this guy.

Hill is another developmental guy.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Some good names, some good positions. I sort of hate Dalton Kincaid because he's old and his athleticism is average, but he's an immediate big slot receiving threat while he learns to block, if he does, and other nuances of the game

Very interesting array of front 7 defenders. Adeboware was thought to be an edge/3-tech 'tweener and then just blew the doors off the combine athletically. So is he a big edge? A small 3-tech? Both? A 4-3 DE only? I love the player; am unsure about the fit with the Packers. BUT getting a BIG athletic DT, an uber-athletic inside/outside guy and the McGuire, more of a power rusher in the mold of Enegbare or Za'Darius developmentally, certainly gives us reinforcements and options all around the DL. Don't know anything about the LB you picked.

Glad you gave us a FB type. I feel like we may add one.

Not a big fan of Shorter, even though he's taller; gotta have big WR in there somewhere, though. Would like more of a quick separator.

I love Kuntz and he'll take a ton of development. But don't love adding two TEs that don't really block (yet).

All in all, a really fun addition. Our defensive coaches would have a really fun time with these pieces.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Mar 2023 21:27
Not a big fan of Shorter, even though he's taller;

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Great mock, and these are fun. I love your edge and overall defensive options. I would be kind of mad if he went TE in the 1st though. I mean, it would be a little sexy because there are a couple nice options, just not my cup of tea. They take 3-4 years to fully develop, I’d rather get a decent TE off the FA heap and let the others invest high draft capital in them.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Well PFF liked it - you got mostly A's. I usually get a few D's.

Like the idea of building our Dline. I think we need more help for the Oline though.

Not familiar with a bunch of these guys so I can't say much.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I have come around to Kincaid in 1. 'Not my first choice but I can get behind it without any real issue. Draftniks whose opinion I trust think he will be a legit playmaker at the next level, and that he is not just winning on superior athleticism next to college comp but is already very refined and nuanced in his receiving skills.

I would like to see pro day numbers to confirm he has the requisite athleticism, especially with all these other TEs testing really well, but I am willing to trust tape judgment.

I like Mazi Smith a lot as a Round 2 DL target, and a freak like Adebawore paired next to Gary is a fun thought if we can coach him up. With Preston back in the fold, I am willing to take a less pro-ready guy at EDGE. Wypler sounds like a pure C. I don't overly mind the pick with Myers being a question mark but I would prefer someone who can play G if Myers figures it out this season.

I'm okay with Kuntz there. Don't know any of the other guys, the positions largely check out although I wouldn't bother with a FB. If we really need that then stick Deguara or one of the other TEs there. Solid mock.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Mar 2023 21:27
Some good names, some good positions. I sort of hate Dalton Kincaid because he's old and his athleticism is average, but he's an immediate big slot receiving threat while he learns to block, if he does, and other nuances of the game

Very interesting array of front 7 defenders. Adeboware was thought to be an edge/3-tech 'tweener and then just blew the doors off the combine athletically. So is he a big edge? A small 3-tech? Both? A 4-3 DE only? I love the player; am unsure about the fit with the Packers. BUT getting a BIG athletic DT, an uber-athletic inside/outside guy and the McGuire, more of a power rusher in the mold of Enegbare or Za'Darius developmentally, certainly gives us reinforcements and options all around the DL. Don't know anything about the LB you picked.

Glad you gave us a FB type. I feel like we may add one.

Not a big fan of Shorter, even though he's taller; gotta have big WR in there somewhere, though. Would like more of a quick separator.

I love Kuntz and he'll take a ton of development. But don't love adding two TEs that don't really block (yet).

All in all, a really fun addition. Our defensive coaches would have a really fun time with these pieces.
I did this more for the going through the motions of it, without really analyzing the players and how they fit (or don’t fit). I’ll do another later with more consideration. But I did glean how complicated it can be for any GM to see what players are available when the pick comes up and how frustrating it can be to have to try to trade down or choose a player that isn’t as high as you’d like on your team’s board.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Packfntk wrote:
10 Mar 2023 06:55
Great mock, and these are fun. I love your edge and overall defensive options. I would be kind of mad if he went TE in the 1st though. I mean, it would be a little sexy because there are a couple nice options, just not my cup of tea. They take 3-4 years to fully develop, I’d rather get a decent TE off the FA heap and let the others invest high draft capital in them.
I know how you feel. I’d really like to take that TE from Notre Dame and it’ll take a 1st to get him. He mimics Whitten. And who wouldn’t want a guy like that!
:-)

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

AmishMafia wrote:
10 Mar 2023 07:07
Well PFF liked it - you got mostly A's. I usually get a few D's.

Like the idea of building our Dline. I think we need more help for the Oline though.

Not familiar with a bunch of these guys so I can't say much.
Yeah. I really doubt the Packers go very long before drafting a OLine guy. But after the 1st round, they just weren’t popping up for me, at least not any that had value for the pick. Argh!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Mar 2023 09:34
Packfntk wrote:
10 Mar 2023 06:55
I know how you feel. I’d really like to take that TE from Notre Dame and it’ll take a 1st to get him. He mimics Whitten. And who wouldn’t want a guy like that!
:-)
Yep, he’s my favorite TE in the draft. Would be incredible to have that guy, but what you are giving up to draft him there may be too much IMO.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Kincaid is the only TE worth a first round pick. Would he be the BPA at that spot? I don't know but perhaps you guys do.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
11 Mar 2023 11:56
Kincaid is the only TE worth a first round pick. Would he be the BPA at that spot? I don't know but perhaps you guys do.
He is talented, for sure. But he has two things that might go against him. First, he is old and isn’t a 22 year old or so. Second, he doesn’t block well. That’ll almost certainly cross him off of Guty’s list. But as I ran the mock, I wanted to get a TE in that slot. Hahaha.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2023 16:54
Pugger wrote:
He is talented, for sure. But he has two things that might go against him. First, he is old and isn’t a 22 year old or so. Second, he doesn’t block well. That’ll almost certainly cross him off of Guty’s list. But as I ran the mock, I wanted to get a TE in that slot. Hahaha.
How old is he?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
11 Mar 2023 17:51
Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2023 16:54
Pugger wrote:
How old is he?
I believe he is 25, but should double-check.