Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

???

Saying out loud “ya the guys great, but he is such a pain in the ass, we don’t even care how good he is, we just want him gone”

Is not the strategy I would choose for retrieval of max compensation

Murphy’s gotta act like the packers are good with him and good without him if the Jets WOW the packers with a package for Rodgers. But only if the Jets want to wow the pack
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Meh, it's a gaffe for sure, but I'm finding it hard to care.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Mar 2023 18:19
???

Saying out loud “ya the guys great, but he is such a pain in the ass, we don’t even care how good he is, we just want him gone”

Murphy’s gotta act like the packers are good with him and good without him if the Jets WOW the packers with a package for Rodgers. But only if the Jets want to wow the pack
Has anyone ever heard Murphy speak (to an audience or group)? I have. He is not good with words.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Mar 2023 18:30
Drj820 wrote:
10 Mar 2023 18:19
???

Has anyone ever heard Murphy speak (to an audience or group)? I have. He is not good with words.
right, he chose his words poorly, others do as well, but people critic every comment and read whatever they want, when often the message isn't exactly clear. as someone said, Murphy shouldn't give speeches. :)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The amount I don't care about this Mark Murphy thing

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

yoop wrote: Marino had the Marks Brothers, Clayton and Dupree ( I had to look up the last names), what a duo
You may want to look again. It was Mark Duper.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Mar 2023 18:44
The amount I don't care about this Mark Murphy thing
The amounts of $%@# I don’t give…

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I could be way off base here, but I actually have this weird hunch that Rodgers is going to announce his retirement either this weekend or early next week. The comment he made about being at complete peace if he hung it up was overlooked by almost everyone in the media. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers has already made this decision and the Packers and Jets know it, and in the past week, it's been the Jets trying to lure Rodgers to not retire and give the Jets a chance. The Packers are allowing it because they've also made their decision. Could that with MM's comments today that are all past tense.

Again, could be totally wrong but whole everyone else is waiting for the trade announcement, I'm more anticipation the retirement announcement.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I wouldn’t read anything into the “past tense” of Murphy’s comments. I think he genuinely wants Aaron to have what Aaron wants. But he probably hopes that Aaron will take the job in NY or retire. He doesn’t need a QB controversy in Green Bay. He’ll take it if he needs to. But Love is going to start, whether Rodgers returns or not. I think that is the one thing that 12 would like to avoid the most.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If there is anything here...the Packers absolutely sound like they are ready to move on.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
10 Mar 2023 21:10
If there is anything here...the Packers absolutely sound like they are ready to move on.

haha wow wtf yeah that's about as close to a confirmation as you can get without explicitly saying it, unless he's trying to throw everybody else off for some reason, but I don't understand what we would gain by that

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I thought the Duper Clayton Marino film clip was much more interesting.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m trying to think of a way Mark Murphy could gain something by making those comments but I’m at a loss. He’s a smart dude and overall has been good for the organization so I’m trying to give him the benefit of doubt here but…oof, that just didn’t come out good, like at all.

But regardless, I don’t think any of it is impactful in any way. It’s media masturbation at its toe curling finest.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
10 Mar 2023 23:18
I’m trying to think of a way Mark Murphy could gain something by making those comments but I’m at a loss. He’s a smart dude and overall has been good for the organization so I’m trying to give him the benefit of doubt here but…oof, that just didn’t come out good, like at all.

But regardless, I don’t think any of it is impactful in any way. It’s media masturbation at its toe curling finest.
Wonder how good he’d look without Favre and Rodgers as the QBs during his tenure.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Well, he had Favre as a player for all of 2 months.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Murphy got a big ego.

That's the reason I don't take this as a Love is good position as much as they just want to be rid of Rodgers.

When was the last time packers came last in the north?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
10 Mar 2023 23:18

I see no way those comments did any good. But I don't think significant damage was done, either. AR was clearly given the permission to explore a trade some time ago, which means there's been some time since the discussion between the team and AR happened. Considering that discussion happened in secret, maintained a secret until the Jets flew to meet him, and AR hasn't thrown a tantrum, I'd conclude both sides were OK with how it went.

Did GB lose leverage? Not really. Same thing: The minute AR was given the freedom to seek a trade, that was a clear sign to all teams that this parting of ways was gonna happen. Leverage lost there and then. The Packers do have the option to not trade him yet if the offers are utterly insulting or he doesn't like the suitors, but I doubt that's what either the team or AR wants.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Allowing AR to talk to other teams was a neutral move itself. It could just have been a courtesy or so the Packers could/should have made the Jets to believe to increase the price. After Murphys comments the price will skyfall bc now the Jets KNOW that the Packers want to get rid of Rodgers and that any continuation would become a rocky relationship. Unless of course the deal is already inofficially agreed upon. So it’s difficult to say if Murphy is an idiot right now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

In terms of trade compensation the Panthers trade I think can help drive the price in Rodgers. They jump the Falcons and Raiders now who are both in need of QBs obviously. Now they could be targeting Lamar and Jimmy G but maybe one of them misses or something happens where now they’re in on Rodgers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »