Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

No need to watch the clip. The headline says it all:

…and that’s just how AR likes it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Murphy is Rodgers biggest fan, gave him 120 mil. 5 years ago to stay, and probably had a voice in giving him the 150 mil. a year ago, and his last remarks of we'll bring him back and retire his number is something I doubt Gutekunst would ever say.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Mar 2023 07:27
No need to watch the clip. The headline says it all:

…and that’s just how AR likes it.
biggest story this off season, the press are eating it up, so are we :rotf:

Even Salmar has come out of hibernation for this event, nice to Hear from ya Sal :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
11 Mar 2023 08:05
I kinda figured that when Murphy made his comments
You don't divulge info like that unless you already have an agreement.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Trade is done but Rodgers needs to decide? Even furthers my belief that a retirement announcement is imminent.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Jets traded for safety Chuck Clark a couple of days ago. They already have Jordan Whitehead. That gives them 2 strong safeties. Wondering if one of them is heading to the Packers as part of the Rodgers trade.
Love is the answer…

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Acrobat wrote:
11 Mar 2023 08:13
Trade is done but Rodgers needs to decide? Even furthers my belief that a retirement announcement is imminent.
I mean now he knows the Packers do not want him back. No normal human being would consider working for someone with such attitude. It is humiliating. But maybe that is Aaron‘s fuel? Coming back to hostile enviroment and show it to everyone? I just cant envision an US citizen to waive 60 Mio. guaranteed money, not in the motherland of capitalism. :lol: That‘d be a epic stunner, people would still talk about in 100 years. But maybe Rodgers is „crazy“ enough?

We‘ll see….

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers can announce his retirement if he wants but I am calling his bluff. He may believe himself, but I don't believe him.

If he really does, doesn't make like a world of difference to us. Losing out on the draft comp will be somewhat disappointing, but retirement is better for our cap sitch.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2023 07:46

Even Salmar has come out of hibernation for this event, nice to Hear from ya Sal :aok:
Thanks. Guess start of a new era is a good time to get back in the game :lol: I had a sucky year of following football - my work schedule makers seemed to target Packers games so I missed most of them. :|

As for AR: Must be nice to have "retire as very wealthy man" and "become hero of NY and earn 60M for the year" as your life options.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
11 Mar 2023 09:16
Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2023 07:46

Thanks. Guess start of a new era is a good time to get back in the game :lol: I had a sucky year of following football - my work schedule makers seemed to target Packers games so I missed most of them. :|

As for AR: Must be nice to have "retire as very wealthy man" and "become hero of NY and earn 60M for the year" as your life options.
Work can be such a inconvenience at times :rotf:

yep, no matter what, win or lose, we do miss Packer football when we can't get to watch it, the drafts a little over a month away, football is now almost a 12 month a year activity.

this whole Rodgers saga has been interesting to say the least, a bridge burner for many fans, his comments and actions upset a lot of people, like Favre, his ego and perceived status swelled his head, his talent over shadowed that stuff for most of his career, then the wheels fell off last season, now he's the scrooge of the last decade of play off failures, the parting of loved ones is often filled with anguish, I'll forget the personal stuff I didn't like, but never the player. :beer2:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

German_Panzer wrote:
11 Mar 2023 08:31
Acrobat wrote:
11 Mar 2023 08:13
I mean now he knows the Packers do not want him back. No normal human being would consider working for someone with such attitude. It is humiliating. But maybe that is Aaron‘s fuel? Coming back to hostile enviroment and show it to everyone? I just cant envision an US citizen to waive 60 Mio. guaranteed money, not in the motherland of capitalism. :lol: That‘d be a epic stunner, people would still talk about in 100 years. But maybe Rodgers is „crazy“ enough?

We‘ll see….
No. None of this was done secretly. Aaron has known for some time how the Packers feel about him, for the good and the bad. Nothing of this past week is news to Rodgers. None.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I would believe that 12’s desire to play is still very strong. But if he’s looking at it like “retirement” is probably better than the Jets, then I think he’s also looking at what those options are. The Jeopardy gig is gone. What others are there? Broadcasting?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2023 10:42
I would believe that 12’s desire to play is still very strong. But if he’s looking at it like “retirement” is probably better than the Jets, then I think he’s also looking at what those options are. The Jeopardy gig is gone. What others are there? Broadcasting?
Rodgers has stated he doesn't want to broadcast or opine on the league after football.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think Rodgers may be at the point where he like Favre gets "burnout" after the season ends and does not want to so much as look at or pick up a football for a while.

Announcing retirement would not surprise me because right now, he may feel like his heart is truly in it.

But when we get closer to the start of the season, I don't think he will be able to resist the urge (or "itch" as Favre used to call it) of going out and competing. That's the point at which I don't see him being retired.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

A trade to NY would be nice for us but would it be nice for him? He had it made in GB. No traffic in GB, NFC, soft media, big fish in small pond, etc. Plus he has always said his wish was to retire as a Packer. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he decides to retire. Yes, the money is nice but will it it worth the hassle? Does he really want to start all over with a new organization with all new players, coaches and facility plus the NY media and then having to go up against Mahomes, Allen and Burrow in that conference?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Mar 2023 10:43
Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2023 10:42
Rodgers has stated he doesn't want to broadcast or opine on the league after football.
He’s gonna move to a compound in South America and live with a eye a wash ka shamon and not be seen for years
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
11 Mar 2023 11:40
I think Rodgers may be at the point where he like Favre gets "burnout" after the season ends and does not want to so much as look at or pick up a football for a while.

Announcing retirement would not surprise me because right now, he may feel like his heart is truly in it.

But when we get closer to the start of the season, I don't think he will be able to resist the urge (or "itch" as Favre used to call it) of going out and competing. That's the point at which I don't see him being retired.
who knows, people often change there minds, burn out, you bet, anyone that dedicates themselves to there jobs like most NFL QB's do, and specially those that have done it as long as Rodgers has need time off once the season is over, It's why QB as old as him don't want to do OTA's and other off season stuff.

Rodgers has been a virtual student of the game for years, he says a lot of off the wall stuff, I could see him being a NFL coach, a talk show host, or even running for a political seat, among countless other whimsical folly's, one thing for sure he wont have to growl for a weekly pay check ever again :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

bud fox wrote:
11 Mar 2023 00:20
Murphy got a big ego.

That's the reason I don't take this as a Love is good position as much as they just want to be rid of Rodgers.

When was the last time packers came last in the north?
I looked it up Bud. It was 2005 aka Custer's (Sherman's) Last Stand. Packers went 4-12 as basement dwellers that year. Only the Saints had a worse NFC record that year. 8 and 9 doesn't look that awful (yet), does it?

The 89ers are the team to root for. The 89ers will test the dedication of the newer Packers fans. S'pose some will be weeded out as will be evidenced when the #12 jerseys disappear from the Lambeau parking lots and shopping racks.

Da Bears :rotf:

Oh, has anyone seen this. I think the guy goes by Barstool Detroit. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... y-28903285

And this ............ maybe the last time in a Green Bay 89ers uniform, maybe not.