Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Mar 2023 15:32
Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Mar 2023 15:26
Then, once this trade is official, which vet QB do we sign as a backup?
I’m team Mariota but only for the right price
oooof, no way

Mariota sucks

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
13 Mar 2023 17:48
Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2023 13:06
Jimmy G owned Rodgers when they most recently faced each other in the playoffs. 2019 he had the better team, so that's whatever, but 2021 was an embarrassment, and if that wasn't enough to convince people, Rodgers out-Lion'd a Lions team with nothing to play for (thumb healed, btw) in a critical, must-win game. At Lambeau. In December. Making the exact same mistake that cost them the previous season.

Yeah Jimmy G is younger, will play next year, won't cost you picks, all that is true, but there is a bigger truth to come to terms with: Aaron Rodgers IS NOT GOOD. And most of the league is wise to it now.

Jets still want him because one year of mediocre QB play makes him a Top 5 QB in their team history; this team's fans have nostalgia for Favre and Sanchize. Carolina reportedly came calling, but they recently decide to make a big trade for the top QB prospect in the upcoming draft.

The emperor has no clothes.
This is what I have been wondering. Do all the other teams see what we have been seeing come playoff time every year? Are they just paying lip service in public?
Labrev is mad at Rodgers because he gave his mom the absolute business. Right now the league is in position where most teams either already have a franchise QB, a young QB who could be a franchise QB, or are in position to draft one. One top of that they can’t afford the contract because a ton of teams are still dealing with the Covid years.

I think what most of the league knows is that Gutenbumst is a $%@# idiot.

Andy Herman just talked about it today. Gutenbumst tried to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted to go all in and build for the future and ultimately that gets you nothing. You can’t sacrifice the futures cap and draft for the future. That’s stupid. We needed to either move on or go all in. We tried doing both and failed miserably. It further just proves my theory this team doesn’t have Super Bowl as their top priority. I’ve been saying it for years but they just want to be good enough to raise ticket prices.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

1 pick meant we drafted for the future.

Albeit all teams ALWAYS draft for the future.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers can def still play.

No one wants him because he’s a crazy person.

He goes into hobbit holes to make decisions, he takes 55+ days to make decisions most people make in a week, he speaks at hippy conferences, he doesn’t come to OTAs, he throws people under the bus…and you have no idea his commitment level or how many years he’s gonna play for you…all while costing you draft picks and 60m

Just too many other QBs that are sufficient that don’t make you deal with that stuff.

Plus teams know if rodgers plays for you for a year your going to win enough games to not get a good qb in the draft so you really can be left with nothing with he threatens to retire again.

Rodgers the play is NOT the problem. Guteys contract and rodgers being a pain in the a** is the problem.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Mar 2023 17:58
Gutenbumst
:worship:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Mar 2023 18:00

It’s not one pick. It’s drafting Gary at 12 when you have no plans for him to play for 3 more years. Don’t be obtuse.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Mar 2023 18:05
Pckfn23 wrote:

It’s not one pick. It’s drafting Gary at 12 when you have no plans for him to play for 3 more years. Don’t be obtuse.
Yeah not sure what he’s referring to. It actually cost two picks to draft Love. So wrong. They also drafted Dillon for the future but the reneged on that as well. So that’s actually 3 picks. So still wrong. Then they drafted Deguara at TE and we continued to resign the bums we already have. And there you have some bum bum sauce. A new Chinese recipe.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Mar 2023 18:11
Drj820 wrote:
13 Mar 2023 18:05
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yeah not sure what he’s referring to. It actually cost two picks to draft Love. So wrong. They also drafted Dillon for the future but the reneged on that as well. So that’s actually 3 picks. So still wrong. Then they drafted Deguara at TE and we continued to resign the bums we already have. And there you have some bum bum sauce. A new Chinese recipe.
Ego draft that backfired massively.

Love could make it better this year or he could make it much worse.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Acrobat wrote:
13 Mar 2023 16:54
I wonder if we're at the stage where compensation is still being negotiated. Maybe Packers increased their asking price based on the market?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It’s not one pick. It’s drafting Gary at 12 when you have no plans for him to play for 3 more years.
Rashan Gary was drafted the same year we signed both Smiths. Before coming to Green Bay both were middle of the road Edges, at best. Neither were sure things. Plus, it is very prudent to have 3 edge rushers. It just so happened that both Smiths lit the world on fire and made Gary superfluous.
They also drafted Dillon for the future but the reneged on that as well.
AJ Dillon was not just a pick for the future, but a pick for the present. We needed a bigger short yardage back, plus Jones and Williams were coming due.
Then they drafted Deguara at TE
This isn't a pick for the future, but a pick to try to fill a poorly filled position and a position we lacked in H back.

It isn't so much that we have drafted for the future (which that's what the draft is about) it is that we didn't do so well in drafting in 2020, period.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

At this point, I’m almost thinking that any news would come on McAfee tomorrow.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Mar 2023 07:52
go pak go wrote:
10 Mar 2023 07:50
Drj820 wrote:
10 Mar 2023 07:44
Is today the day?
I mean it's gotta happen by Monday at the latest right?
Tuesday on McAfee

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
13 Mar 2023 16:23
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This made me laugh 😂

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
13 Mar 2023 18:21
Acrobat wrote:
13 Mar 2023 16:54
I wonder if we're at the stage where compensation is still being negotiated. Maybe Packers increased their asking price based on the market?
We don’t deal with other teams much anyways

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I am pretty sure Rodgers is waiting to announce it tomorrow, albeit that is quite ridiculous.

I think he mentioned on Mcafee a few weeks ago he will announce it on the show. Shocked it won't be leaked prior though.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
13 Mar 2023 19:13
I am pretty sure Rodgers is waiting to announce it tomorrow, albeit that is quite ridiculous.

I think he mentioned on Mcafee a few weeks ago he will announce it on the show. Shocked it won't be leaked prior though.
It would be awesome if he calls the jets live on air and tells them his “decision”. That way nothing to leak before the show.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2023 13:06
Jimmy G owned Rodgers when they most recently faced each other in the playoffs. 2019 he had the better team, so that's whatever, but 2021 was an embarrassment, and if that wasn't enough to convince people, Rodgers out-Lion'd a Lions team with nothing to play for (thumb healed, btw) in a critical, must-win game. At Lambeau. In December. Making the exact same mistake that cost them the previous season.

Yeah Jimmy G is younger, will play next year, won't cost you picks, all that is true, but there is a bigger truth to come to terms with: Aaron Rodgers IS NOT GOOD. And most of the league is wise to it now.

Jets still want him because one year of mediocre QB play makes him a Top 5 QB in their team history; this team's fans have nostalgia for Favre and Sanchize. Carolina reportedly came calling, but they recently decide to make a big trade for the top QB prospect in the upcoming draft.

The emperor has no clothes.
This is what I have been wondering. Do all the other teams see what we have been seeing come playoff time every year? Are they just paying lip service in public?
Labrev is mad at Rodgers because he gave his mom the absolute business. Right now the league is in position where most teams either already have a franchise QB, a young QB who could be a franchise QB, or are in position to draft one. One top of that they can’t afford the contract because a ton of teams are still dealing with the Covid years.

Andy Herman just talked about it today. Gutenbumst tried to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted to go all in and build for the future and ultimately that gets you nothing. You can’t sacrifice the futures cap and draft for the future. That’s stupid. We needed to either move on or go all in. We tried doing both and failed miserably. It further just proves my theory this team doesn’t have Super Bowl as their top priority. I’ve been saying it for years but they just want to be good enough to raise ticket prices.
Insane, we paid Rodgers overt 200 mil. dollars since 2018 and spent most of our resources on a average defense.

:thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Mar 2023 19:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

Insane, we paid Rodgers overt 200 mil. dollars since 2018 and spent most of our resources on a average defense.

:thwap:
We did what we’ve done for a decade…tell rodgers to figure out the offense, while the GM whiffs on defensive selections