Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 18:08
Oh yoop.

You have made the day very entertaining. :lol:
sorry, I can't say the same for you

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 17:49
But seriously though.

There were some f*cking great times as a Packers fan from 2008 - 2021. Disappointed it didn't result in more hardware. But what a freaking ride.

2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 2nd half, 2019, 2020 and 2021 were just such special and fun seasons.
Genuinely, I have loved being a Packers fan all these years. This year was the first year it just wasn't fun. There was just some energy about the team that felt hopeless and lifeless. Like we just weren't going to get things done when it mattered. And honestly, even though I probably should have felt that way before, I never have. Even all the way back to the beforetimes and the terrible season (4-12) was fun for me because I made it to two games in person that they won (and SAMKON GADO)

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2023 18:35
go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 17:49
But seriously though.

There were some f*cking great times as a Packers fan from 2008 - 2021. Disappointed it didn't result in more hardware. But what a freaking ride.

2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 2nd half, 2019, 2020 and 2021 were just such special and fun seasons.
Genuinely, I have loved being a Packers fan all these years. This year was the first year it just wasn't fun. There was just some energy about the team that felt hopeless and lifeless. Like we just weren't going to get things done when it mattered. And honestly, even though I probably should have felt that way before, I never have. Even all the way back to the beforetimes and the terrible season (4-12) was fun for me because I made it to two games in person that they won (and SAMKON GADO)
BTW - Samkon did become a doctor.
Love is the answer…

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2023 18:29
Captain_Ben wrote:
14 Mar 2023 18:25
I've been very busy these past few days and haven't been able to pay much attention. So based on the posts here it sounds like it's official and he's going to the Jets.....? Or could it still all be media manufactured BS and he's still coming back to the Packers?
"Official" is the wrong word.

It feels likely and inevitable. It feels like the Jets and Packers are both optimistic that Rodgers will be a Jet. It feels like there is more agreement in place than Rodgers will tell anyone publicly or than the Packers and Jets have officially agreed to.

But it has not yet been finalized in terms of contract, compensation, and public announcement details.
Thx. I just wish I knew what information has actually come out of Rodgers and Packers mouth(s) and what is hype-driven media speculation. Because in &%$@ storms like this, it all tends to get lost in the woodwork. "What a tangled web we weave" to quote that dude who just got convicted of murdering his family.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
14 Mar 2023 17:13
Okay now noobs are ruining the meme. It's not just anyone who played with Rodgers before, it's the guys who he's buddies with.

Driver was an old vet when Rodgers took over as a young man. They were teammates that respected each other, but they were never buddies. DD was much more of a buddy to Favre than Rodgers.
Can't make fun of the noobs when the actual OGs are getting in on the joke

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think one of my favorite parts of this process has been watching the unbridled, unhinged, utter contempt that the mainstream news reporters (like ESPN and NFL Network) have for this whole process with Rodgers and having to spend all their time on it and keep talking about it.

They hate this so much

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

just another bump, I would have kept Favre the year we sent him off to the Jets, and so would have a lot of other Packers fans, and still would have kept Rodgers, hind sight says the timing to let Favre go was right, and might be with Love as well, but neither is or was a given, ya roll the dice and see what ya get.

I don't have to like the FO, or any player to be a Packer fan, hell I really never had a choice concerning any of this fan ship anyway, it's a family tradition, and I'am proud of that heritage, I don't lose sleep over not winning SB's either, this last 30 years of being highly competitive, winning the division, owning the Bears, Rodgers doing the belt, Favre running around after a score like a raving maniac, Bart Starr embracing both, It doesn't get much better, heck if we never win another Lombardi in my lifetime I'll still feel grateful to be born a Packer fan, heck to think of it I was at Lambeau watching us lose far more then being there for a win, losing never stopped me from going 200 plus miles one way to see em the few times I could afford to go, even though I was pretty sure we'd get boot stomped.

this is just another era of the team for me, I'am hoping to grow as fond of Love as I've been for the other 3 greats we've had. :hail:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:09
I think one of my favorite parts of this process has been watching the unbridled, unhinged, utter contempt that the mainstream news reporters (like ESPN and NFL Network) have for this whole process with Rodgers and having to spend all their time on it and keep talking about it.
I have to admit one of my most un pleasant things is listening to so many here put so much faith in what these people had to say, impossible to substantiate comments because those that did know anything where mums the word, so basically it amounted to gossip

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
I have to admit one of my most un pleasant things is listening to so many here put so much faith in what these people had to say, impossible to substantiate comments because those that did know anything where mums the word, so basically it amounted to gossip
I guess I don't really know what these people have gotten wrong.

Wingo maybe? (though time will likely prove him right).

I mean all of these reporters have been honest in their news and haven't been wrong up to this point. I don't know what else you possibly expect from them? :idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:29
I mean all of these reporters have been honest in their news and haven't been wrong up to this point. I don't know what else you possibly expect from them?
Correct. Even when a story feels inevitable, the temptation to report it as done when it has not been confirmed by anyone on the record or anyone with inside sourcing has left them unable and unwilling to one-up each other with details or trying to break the news first.

It's given me MORE faith in the rigor of their reporting, not less, that they won't announce a very likely transaction until they have someone willing to confirm it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
As we well should have. The reporters in question are cautious and reliable sources, and there was plenty of outside evidence behind what they were saying or suggesting (e.g. Jets players suddenly talking about their excitement on social media for no other apparent reason).

I didn't buy into the hype/rumors much last year, and it didn't happen (although Denver's strong interest has long since been confirmed). I *am* buying into it this year. Lo and behold, one by one the reports keep getting confirmed as true.

You just have not liked what the reports have been. There's no "Jets GM vows different approach than Green Bay, resolving to add 9 ProBowl WRs."

Then you'd have been like :favre: "Ya see kids? This is how a real franchise treats its HOF QB!"

SEETHE!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

By the way, I have an e-friend who is a Jets fan *and* an even bigger Rodgers hater than I am.

This has been his one take on the matter so far (posted today):
Rodgers is playing he jets for the fools that they are. He is now effectively the gm of the team. As the jets are going after every packer jag player just to a appease a 39 year old guy who is in for two years max.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:29
Yoop wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I guess I don't really know what these people have gotten wrong.

Wingo maybe? (though time will likely prove him right).

I mean all of these reporters have been honest in their news and haven't been wrong up to this point. I don't know what else you possibly expect from them? :idn:
just there non stop demands that Rodgers needs to make up his mind, when in all likelihood Rodgers already had, it was a non stop bombardment of innuendo and probably false information, how is it honest to claim theres a wish list that the Jets would actually take serious, why should anyone believe the Jets had no interest in Lazard till this invented wish list.

again I put almost zero faith in anonymous sources or those that spread second hand info until it's collaborated from the actual source, again it shocks me that you and others where so quick to do so, why wouldn't the Jets be interested in Lazard, to me he shouldn't have been our #1, same with Scantling for different reason the year prior, but like Scantling, Lazard has a fit in a pro offense, and the money was right, I'am sure if we could have afforded him he'd still be a Packer.

As to Cobb, or Lewis, it's the same thing, teams show interest in almost every FA we have every year, and these writers know that, doesn't take a genius to throw together a list of Rodgers fav players and then say Rodgers wants these players to seal the deal, when I see the list, and it comes from Rodgers or the Jets, I'll listen.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:49
By the way, I have an e-friend who is a Jets fan *and* an even bigger Rodgers hater than I am.

This has been his one take on the matter so far (posted today):
Rodgers is playing he jets for the fools that they are. He is now effectively the gm of the team. As the jets are going after every packer jag player just to a appease a 39 year old guy who is in for two years max.
this is sooo funny, you'll take the opinion of some Jets fan when neither the teams or Rodgers have said anything.

just admit it, most of your anguish is because you listened to the insanity of these sports media people that seemed to think teams should break tampering rules pacify you and them, you and they have no idea whats been discussed, and neither does your Jet email friend, that is sooo funny.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Mar 2023 19:46
Yoop wrote:
As we well should have. The reporters in question are cautious and reliable sources, and there was plenty of outside evidence behind what they were saying or suggesting (e.g. Jets players suddenly talking about their excitement on social media for no other apparent reason).

I didn't buy into the hype/rumors much last year, and it didn't happen (although Denver's strong interest has long since been confirmed). I *am* buying into it this year. Lo and behold, one by one the reports keep getting confirmed as true.

You just have not liked what the reports have been. There's no "Jets GM vows different approach than Green Bay, resolving to add 9 ProBowl WRs."

Then you'd have been like :favre: "Ya see kids? This is how a real franchise treats its HOF QB!"

SEETHE!
the Jets will make sure he has a quality stable of receivers, I'am not allowed to comment further about the lack of WR's our GM's failed to supply Rodgers with, and you are a kid, wtf is wrong with you, don't drink and post, ya sound like a idiot

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
14 Mar 2023 20:25
It sure has been entertaining. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2023 20:30
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
14 Mar 2023 20:25
It sure has been entertaining. :lol:
The frequency of contradictory opinions/posts the last month has been... Mind bottling.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Did the Jets sign Cobb yet? Lazard makes sense for them anyway bc he‘s a good WR with blocking ability. That is not necessarily pointing towards Rodgers preparing to join the Jets. But if they make a deal for Cobb then it does. Then it may only fail if the GMs overbluff themselves.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I can’t wait to see which WR the Jets will send us as part of the trade, as they will need to make room for Lazard, Cobb, and OBJ.

HAHAHAHAHA

The longer this takes to play out, the better Guty and our FO look.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!