Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

AJ with good journalism

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not really gung-ho going back to Green Bay. He said HOWEVER he knew that wasn't going to happen.

*Contradictory to what he said earlier. AJ Hawk firing bulleyes.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers brings up again that he objected to how the org let go of guys like Jordy, Cobb, Goode.

Says it's fine to move on from players and that it's a business, but that he wanted GB to do so with dignity, and says that this is what he fought for with the org a few years ago.

NOTABLY ABSENT CRITICISMS: costing him SuperBowl appearances, wasting his prime, management incompetence of "Guteybumst," not being given good enough Wydra SEEEvers.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Big contradiction

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hawk asks Rodgers if he got out of the darkness retreat and had a text from Green bay that they wanted him back and let's do this, would he have been gung ho to come back for the Packers? "Not really."

Rodgers then goes on to say (despite what he said earlier about them welcoming him back), that he felt the whole year, especially toward the end, that they were ready to move on

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

who reported the packers and jets had a deal and everyone was just waiting on Rodgers?

Thats the top wrong person it seems

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"are you okay if we dont bring back any of your guys?" lol

what was that answer I wonder?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My notes from his convo on McAfee:

Aaron said that “the door was wide open” for his return, after coming out of darkness. But once he came out, something changed.

Went into darkness “90% retiring, 10% playing”.

He wishes they would’ve had the conversation before he went into darkness, as he appreciates direct communication.

He is “fine” with the Packers wanting to move on. That’s the nature of the business.

So now he’s shifted his idea about seeing what playing can look like. He wants to get into his workouts and see how that feels. But he has made it clear that his intention is to play and play with the NY Jets.

Lots of love for the Packers, fans, and FO. He is fully aware that the Packers are ready to move on and he’s okay with that.

He is “hands off” on the trade package, as he is focusing on his workouts.

“I’m debatably the best player in franchise history.” “Nobody has bled green and gold like me.”

“Jordan’s gonna be a great player.”

He is NOT offended at all. McAfee stirring things up a little with how former players were treated. 12 still saying that he is totally okay and loves every person in the organization. “Nothing but love and appreciation.”

He felt, at the end of the season, that every body was ready to move on.

“Now I want to play.”

“If I hadn’t won MVP two times in a row, we would have had that conversation [about his future] earlier.”

He understands that the FO “wants to have their own people” (talking about Love, etc.) and he understands that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers hurting his trade value, telling the Packers "its time to do the right thing" because we know they arent taking him back

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 12:31
who reported the packers and jets had a deal and everyone was just waiting on Rodgers?

Thats the top wrong person it seems
Yes, sounds true.

Wingo was right that Rodgers wasn't the hold-up, but was wrong that a deal has been done. Wingo also got the time right saying that this has been done "since Friday."

Pelissaro and Rappaport and Garafolo have all been adamant that no deal was agreed to on NFL Network. I think Schefter also said that. So the major players seemed right.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

He's really screwing the Packers negotiating position. This is his way of getting even. I'm hoping now they draw the line in the sand at 2 #1s and call his bluff. What would the Jets do? Would he retire then?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

He told Schefty, “Lose my number. Nice try.”

Ohhhhhh man!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers does not like Schefter, holy hell.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

rodgers texted schefter with the response of "lose my number, il speak for myself"

LOL

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Onto the "wish list" report

"Lose my number. Nice try"

But admits that the Jets asked him about free agents that he's played with and that Rodgers talked glowingly about them. Says he didn't make "demands."

It feels like there's a big amount of space for nuance here.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

12 says that he does NOT have any demands from the Jets. He hasn’t given a “list” of players to them.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2023 12:36
Onto the "wish list" report

"Lose my number. Nice try"

But admits that the Jets asked him about free agents that he's played with and that Rodgers talked glowingly about them. Says he didn't make "demands."

It feels like there's a big amount of space for nuance here.
There might not have been a list or demands, BUT it does sound like he made some suggestions.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

they talked about Packers that he wants in NY. His denial was that he made demands on a sheet of paper they were asked to sign. lol

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Kudos to Bob McGinn he nailed that story about them moving on and no longer wanting Aaron in the exact timeframe AR mentioned. I guess Bob still has a good source. ;)