Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Anyone want to volunteer to run an off-season "best Love song" contest?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looking at all these backup QB contracts, 5-6 million a year, I’d rather just be all for drafting one or two guys and seeing what you get.

Good backups are more important when you need to go .500 on a 6 game stretch when competing for playoff seeding or to finish a game.

Worst case scenario, we are like 4-5 and expensive backup takes us to 9-8 and we miss playoffs.

If Jordan misses half the year, let’s not limp along.

And if you do get a quality backup on a 4th+ round contract, then it’s all just gravy paying him pennies over the league min.

So I’m okay just punting on a credible vet QB until next year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love is going to be on his 4th year. At this point he is the veteran. He shouldn’t need a vet backup.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2023 07:58
Love is going to be on his 4th year. At this point he is the veteran. He shouldn’t need a vet backup.
I think everyone needs a vet backup. Every team in the NFL, regardless of who their QB is.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Packfntk wrote:
15 Mar 2023 08:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2023 07:58
I think everyone needs a vet backup. Every team in the NFL, regardless of who their QB is.
A guy named DeShon Kizer was a veteran backup when he came to GB. Eish! Alas, I digress. A vet doesn’t need to be splashy. Just a guy who can truly do what he can do and be confident in that for only a few games.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 07:41
Looking at all these backup QB contracts, 5-6 million a year, I’d rather just be all for drafting one or two guys and seeing what you get.

Good backups are more important when you need to go .500 on a 6 game stretch when competing for playoff seeding or to finish a game.

Worst case scenario, we are like 4-5 and expensive backup takes us to 9-8 and we miss playoffs.

If Jordan misses half the year, let’s not limp along.

And if you do get a quality backup on a 4th+ round contract, then it’s all just gravy paying him pennies over the league min.

So I’m okay just punting on a credible vet QB until next year.
Guty is a Thompson disciple, I expect our 2nd and 6th round draft picks to be QB's, wouldn't that blow peoples minds :lol:

actually I do expect him to draft a QB, not sure about who or when though, and only prudent to bring in a vet FA, hard to know for sure what to expect from Love

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

“Jordan is gonna be a great player.” Aaron Rodgers, 15 March 2023
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

All You Need Is Love

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Scott4Pack wrote:
15 Mar 2023 13:35
“Jordan is gonna be a great player.” Aaron Rodgers, 15 March 2023
Hopefully this is one of the 30%...no, maybe 15%... of times when Aaron's talent evaluations is right! :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

My hat goes off to Jordan Love for keeping his cool through YEARS of this &%$@...

I hope he now walks through the door like a boss, as if AR was never here (except for the compulsory niceties)
, and takes full command of this outfit.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:00
My hat goes off to Jordan Love for keeping his cool through YEARS of this &%$@...

I hope he now walks through the door like a boss, as if AR was never here (except for the compulsory niceties)
To be fair, Aaron Rodgers went through way worse sh*t than Jordan. Favre hated Rodgers. Fans openly hated Rodgers (nobody admits it now but I fully remember the vitriol Aaron endured).

At least internally everyone seems to support Jordan and externally nobody is giving Jordan any hate. In fact Packer fans are by and large ready to move on.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

salmar80 wrote:

Well said. Love has displayed a lot of character through the entire circus as even Rodgers acknowledged today.

However, I worry looking at that group of tight ends and wide receivers that Jordan is being set up to fail.

Hope not.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:

Jordan has been treated a lot better from Rodgers, then Rodgers was treated by Brett, so I dont understand the &*^%$@ part

think about this, Rodgers asked Guty to bring in Tom Clements, and Jordan went from scatter passing, frigid under pressure in 2021, to the mostly compassed and accurate QB we saw last year.

Rodgers and Love worked up upcoming opponents schemes for the scout team, now think back do you think Bert did that for AR? I very much doubt that, actually from some of the comments Brett made about not his job to coach players, and not coaching up someone to take his job, nah, Jordan should feel lucky to have Rodgers to apprentice under, he wasn't ready till last season, and he got a year from a very good QB coach to learn the game from with Clements, all because Rodgers influenced that hire.

We all hope Love is a success

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:09
salmar80 wrote:

To be fair, Aaron Rodgers went through way worse sh*t than Jordan. Favre hated Rodgers. Fans openly hated Rodgers (nobody admits it now but I fully remember the vitriol Aaron endured).

At least internally everyone seems to support Jordan and externally nobody is giving Jordan any hate. In fact Packer fans are by and large ready to move on.
yep :aok:

funny how time curves our memory, I've accepted Love about the same as I did Rodgers, and Lots of fans would have taken Favre back for that season just as I would have, if it works dont fix it, change requires the acceptance of basically the unknown, sure they may look good in practice, or PS games, but till they do it under a first quarter pass rush and succeed a few times, hope is all you have to hold onto, it's like standing on solid ground and leaping on to a invisible ramp like in Raiders lost ark, it takes a lot of faith :lol:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

335268181_662330599030046_2994791085000640520_n.jpg
335268181_662330599030046_2994791085000640520_n.jpg (253.42 KiB) Viewed 271 times