Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If rodgers made his decision Friday and since then everyone has just been waiting on the compensation…all he had to do was tweet that he wants to be a jet at anytime since Friday. Yet he wants to act so shocked lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Management don't want this to become a Rodgers vs us scenario. That can divide a team - longer it goes on current packer players coming out in support of aaron etc.

I suspect it won't be much value likely with escalations if win sb etc.

Management have a positive spin either way. Get a haul and say got great compensation. Or low compensation but say it was important to do right by aaron after what he has done for the team.

Just n3ed to get it done.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NFL xm radio said there is no financial advantage for packers to move rodgers until first week of season.

Is this true? This led them to say they have all the power.

I thought we’d want him off our books sooner than later.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:31
NFL xm radio said there is no financial advantage for packers to move rodgers until first week of season.

I feel like about 4 or 5 people have answered this quite a bit on this forum.

Right now Rodgers cost $31MM on our cap.
If we trade Rodgers now or he retires he will cost $40 MM on our cap.

And yes. We have until September to make a move otherwise the Option officially kicks in.

So our cap actually increases the sooner we make a move (from a Top 51 standpoint) and doesn't actually have a "can't go back now" on the cap until September. Getting Rodgers off our books sooner increases our 2023 cap hit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Jets owner is going to get the most pressure. I can see him getting berated by fans. "WTF? You said you'd give up multiple firsts, now do it! Man up!"

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

bud fox wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:25
Management don't want this to become a Rodgers vs us scenario. That can divide a team - longer it goes on current packer players coming out in support of aaron etc.

I suspect it won't be much value likely with escalations if win sb etc.

Management have a positive spin either way. Get a haul and say got great compensation. Or low compensation but say it was important to do right by aaron after what he has done for the team.

Just n3ed to get it done.
meh, I think we could probably safely jettison those players who would come out in support of Aaron, if such a thing happened.

If they're young, they probably won't be too much on Aaron's side. I'm thinking it would moreso be the veterans. And if they are veterans, then by the time we will be able to compete again, they'll be too old to keep anyway, so might as well get rid of them now and start developing talent.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Mar 2023 14:59
I even believe #12 that the Packers originally wanted him back right after the end of the season.
I haven't watched the Pat McAfee interview yet. Did Rodgers really say this?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:22
German_Panzer wrote:
I even believe #12 that the Packers originally wanted him back right after the end of the season.
Rodgers overarching theme was, "he felt all during 2022 that the organization wanted to move on after this season but then was shocked when the Packers told him they wanted to move on after his darkness retreat."

So he definitely had some double speak. Overall Rodgers said it "felt like the end" during all of 2022.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Again, Green Bay needs to remind NY that their first-round pick is not going to help them if they enter another season starting Zach Wilson at QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
He said they said take as long as you need to decide on retirement. Then waited for him to go into his darkness thing so they could build a case against him and work the media like the snakes they are.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

texas wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Yes. He said that after the season they signaled him to continue with him but that changed later when he did his darkness experiment. And indeed after the season MLF signaled he‘d want #12 back, but then later more ambigious signals came from Gute.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:36
texas wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
He said they said take as long as you need to decide on retirement. Then waited for him to go into his darkness thing so they could build a case against him and work the media like the snakes they are.
I didn't see it yet, but this makes more sense then he thought it was his last season dating back early last season, what I remember most was his disgust for the receiver situation, he got on the young guys and Watkins, because other then Cobb and Lazard he needed those new guys, then the thumb, the OL, and through it all I didn't see any quit in him.

sometimes I think Rodgers says whatever he thinks will be the most acceptable.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2023 14:14
Scott4Pack wrote:
15 Mar 2023 12:33
He is NOT offended at all. McAfee stirring things up a little with how former players were treated. 12 still saying that he is totally okay and loves every person in the organization. “Nothing but love and appreciation.”
Scott what would you say in his shoes? the same thing, he is not about to act like a spoiled sport, he wants to show a positive attitude with his new boss, new team, no way he's going to show disgust with Gute or the Packer FO, or even Fans. he wants to leave hoping everyone connected to the Packers appreciates what he meant to this team, why would he burn those bridges.

what he said is for the public, it doesn't mean much to me.
I’m just accepting what he said at face value. There are enough other people reading into his comments. I don’t need to be one of them.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Ooh yay it's fantasy fiction hour again!

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:38
Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:31

I feel like about 4 or 5 people have answered this quite a bit on this forum.

Right now Rodgers cost $31MM on our cap.
If we trade Rodgers now or he retires he will cost $40 MM on our cap.

And yes. We have until September to make a move otherwise the Option officially kicks in.

So our cap actually increases the sooner we make a move (from a Top 51 standpoint) and doesn't actually have a "can't go back now" on the cap until September. Getting Rodgers off our books sooner increases our 2023 cap hit.
And don’t forget the bonus that he is due anytime between now and the first week of the season. It is imperative that he is off roster before then. Otherwise, he’s just a guy on the roster and employee of the Green Bay Packers.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly that interview and this whole situation is way more chill than the people discussing it

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2023 17:12
Honestly that interview and this whole situation is way more chill than the people discussing it
Apologies for discussing

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2023 17:12
The misrepresentation of his literal words to create that lack of chill is interesting, but not surprising.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

texas wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Quick summary:

If you are a bigger fan of the Packers than AR: he said he is "debatably the greatest Packer ever," and is an egomaniac. Who would say such a thing? What an idiot. Then he contradicted himself a few times regarding how the Packers dealt with him.

If you are a bigger AR fan than of the Packers: The Packers are trying to screw him over because Gute is a horrible GM and is heartless with cutting older players. AR was so chill - not angry at all, just a realist.