Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2023 12:36
Onto the "wish list" report

"Lose my number. Nice try"

But admits that the Jets asked him about free agents that he's played with and that Rodgers talked glowingly about them. Says he didn't make "demands."

It feels like there's a big amount of space for nuance here.
AR is a politician albeit an incredibly wealthy one

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:36
texas wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:22
German_Panzer wrote:
15 Mar 2023 14:59
I even believe #12 that the Packers originally wanted him back right after the end of the season.
I haven't watched the Pat McAfee interview yet. Did Rodgers really say this?
He said they said take as long as you need to decide on retirement. Then waited for him to go into his darkness thing so they could build a case against him and work the media like the snakes they are.
Oh ok… I must have missed that part somewhere

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 20:41
What on Earth are you going to repeat ad nauseam, unprovoked, 15-20 times a day after we trade Aaron? Back the the LBers? New topic?
:lol: only the names will change, If these bums don't load Loves gun it'll be rinse and repeat :lol:

I'll be glad when this is all over.

finally listening to the Pat McAffery show, and his lead in is basically what I've been saying here, lack of weapons stands out, we need to treat Love better. :beer2:
Last edited by Yoop on 16 Mar 2023 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

JKB wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:18
YoHoChecko wrote:

But admits that the Jets asked him about free agents that he's played with and that Rodgers talked glowingly about them. Says he didn't make "demands."

This is true. I actually do like ARod, I think he's unique and I appreciate his focus on mental health a lot. I think he raises awareness around the topic and it's a shame that people make fun of him for it because his methods are unique.

BUT.....yesterday was 100% his spin on it, I'm sure the Packers FO have a different spin, and as always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:23
finally listening to the Pat McAffery show, and his lead in is basically what I've been saying here, lack of weapons stands out,
I watched it all. He literally didn't say anything about weapons, much less a lack thereof, and also confirmed he would vouch for them if they are thinking of signing Lazard and Cobb.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 08:10
Yoop wrote:
finally listening to the Pat McAffery show, and his lead in is basically what I've been saying here, lack of weapons stands out,
I watched it all. He literally didn't say anything about weapons, much less a lack thereof, and also confirmed he would vouch for them if they are thinking of signing Lazard and Cobb.
Never once mentioned anything about lack of weapons or not signing/drafting enough talent. Almost unfathomable how that could be read into anything he said.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:50
JKB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

This is true. I actually do like ARod, I think he's unique and I appreciate his focus on mental health a lot. I think he raises awareness around the topic and it's a shame that people make fun of him for it because his methods are unique.

BUT.....yesterday was 100% his spin on it, I'm sure the Packers FO have a different spin, and as always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
This. GB front office will take the high road and we will not hear the other side of the story.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

JKB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

As opposed to a politician who isn't wealthy?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Madcity_matt wrote:
16 Mar 2023 08:29
Acrobat wrote:

This. GB front office will take the high road and we will not hear the other side of the story.
To be fair, Rodgers did somewhat inadvertently tell both sides of the story by way of contradicting himself. So no need for the team to clear things up. Plenty of people, including AJ Hawk, caught the discrepancies and pointed them out.

If you felt throughout the season that this was the end, you felt like they were ready to move on, and you were still leaning 90% toward retirement a month after the season… then you claim they were ready to welcome you back until something shifted a month after the season…

welp I think we see where the spin is

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Let's also not forget that in Rodgers's first couple appearances on the McAfee show after our Week 18 loss, he talked about continuing to play in words not-so-subtly implying that it could be for a team other than Green Bay, before his interview yesterday acting like he did not fathom playing elsewhere before sensing a tone shift towards him from the mgmt.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Rodgers didn't do the lead in, Pat McAffery did, and his first line was lack of offensive weapons, maybe you should do what you preach to me, and actually read.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:02
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Rodgers didn't do the lead in, Pat McAffery did, and his first line was lack of offensive weapons, maybe you should do what you preach to me, and actually read.
I really wish Pat would have his brother Christian guest host the show every once in a while.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:06
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I really wish Pat would have his brother Christian guest host the show every once in a while.
And their father Ed!! :mrgreen:
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Mar 2023 08:37
Madcity_matt wrote:
16 Mar 2023 08:29
Acrobat wrote:

To be fair, Rodgers did somewhat inadvertently tell both sides of the story by way of contradicting himself. So no need for the team to clear things up. Plenty of people, including AJ Hawk, caught the discrepancies and pointed them out.

If you felt throughout the season that this was the end, you felt like they were ready to move on, and you were still leaning 90% toward retirement a month after the season… then you claim they were ready to welcome you back until something shifted a month after the season…

welp I think we see where the spin is
He brought up twice the lack of transparancy, players just like people have a lot of mixed emotions going through there head, should I do this or that, it was up to the organization to be clear, he may have felt he was done as a Packer, Detroit being his last game, but thats not his call, and he has constantly said he wanted to retire as a Packer, now maybe the FO thought he might retire and solve this issue, but it was up to them to be clear, and they weren't.

thats the spin I heard.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I rarely watch the show, to be honest it becomes boring and over the top to much for me, a little goes a long way :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Their all just worthless bloggers anyway, so not sure why we would take their opinion! :hide:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:17
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I rarely watch the show, to be honest it becomes boring and over the top to much for me, a little goes a long way :aok:
So Labrev, someone who actually watches Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays, talks about inconsistencies in Rodgers language over the course of the year. Then you barge in and tell Labrev he isn't telling the whole story and should actually READ something before shouting...

and then one post later admit, "I rarely watch the show"

:rotf: :rotf:

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:27
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Their all just worthless bloggers anyway, so not sure why we would take their opinion! :hide:
there ear candy for people that multi task, I suppose if I sat in a school room full of toddlers all day, I'd have a set of apple ear buds listening to the Pat McAffery show :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kind of funny Rodgers slipped into the hobbit hole at 90% retirement, but the Packers werent supposed to do anything with that "vibe" and start to look to the future.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The media is having a field day because Rodgers called them out. One of the things I liked about the interview.

Of course the media is going to spin it in their own direction. Jackals.
Love is the answer…