Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:39
kind of funny Rodgers slipped into the hobbit hole at 90% retirement, but the Packers werent supposed to do anything with that "vibe" and start to look to the future.
but he didn't openly say to the team he was thinking of retiring, least I didn't hear that, the team as is well known now told him take your time to decide, and Lafleur said we want you back, and knowing how two tongue and vague this FO has been I expect that was also expressed by Gute and Murphy.

I wish you and some others here would just look at the sequence of events starting when Murphy demoted Ted, and promoted Gutekunst to replace him, he obviously had a conversation with Rodgers prior to extending him with a new contract for I believe 120 mil. what caused the pressure to do that when Rodgers still had 2 years left on his old deal, I'd have liked to been a fly on the wall to hear that conversation, was Rodgers asking for a trade? who knows, but that always seemed like a deal to pacify a upset player to me, then Guty with his second draft moves up and drafts Love, one of the strongest WR groups the draft had seen in a few years and he drafts for the future Rodgers replacement, fast forward, Guty doesn't use a high pick on a receiver till he is absolutely forced to when he couldn't resign Adams, I hold Guty far more responsible for our PO losses then I do Rodgers.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2023 19:31
AmishMafia wrote:
15 Mar 2023 18:15
texas wrote:
15 Mar 2023 16:22

I haven't watched the Pat McAfee interview yet. Did Rodgers really say this?
Quick summary:

If you are a bigger fan of the Packers than AR: he said he is "debatably the greatest Packer ever," and is an egomaniac. Who would say such a thing? What an idiot. Then he contradicted himself a few times regarding how the Packers dealt with him.

If you are a bigger AR fan than of the Packers: The Packers are trying to screw him over because Gute is a horrible GM and is heartless with cutting older players. AR was so chill - not angry at all, just a realist.
more divisinist tactics, so now we can't be a fan of both the player and also the team, no 1st round draft picks on offense since that Tackle bust 7 or so years ago, not just WR's, who the hell short changes a offense with a first ballot HOF QB, this whole fo needs a hosing out, I'd fire everyone from Murphy on down.

And what do we have to show for it? 8 years of using 1st round and a lot of 2nd and 3rd rounders for a average defense, while the offense made do with the left overs.

most on here are fed up for not winning more play off games or SB's, problem as I see it, is they mis direct there blame, I think it's genetic, most fans didn't know who to blame for the chaos of the 70's and 80's either.

ahh, this has been so frustrating for me, knowing we had a player capable of so much more, yet the powers that be skimped on a position they had just seen win 15 games, we where Air raid revisited, but since the defense sucked it's been in rebuild mode for almost a decade, how insane.

I don't need trophys, what I do need is great offensive football, I liked the Air raid offense, that can get 6 in 2 plays, not that I don't like the running, I do, I simply like the passing more, and back till Jordy's knee blew out I was expecting that brand to continue, Ted let me down, and Guty seemed bound and determined not to change that
time for a change, sorry for the rant
See, I believe the problem was with Rodgers. Yes, he made some amazing throws. Lately, they were fewer and farther between. Yes he understands the game better than anyone not name Brady. But he is a very poor leader. We won 39 RS games in 3 seasons. We had talent. We just fell flat in the playoffs due to lack of leadership. We didn't have a QB who would talk with his receivers while on the sidelines. Or discuss formations with the OC on the tablets. He would just roll his eyes and scowl at the coaches, blame the WRs, then kick back on the sidelines by himself without a care in the world.

Word leaked out last offseason that most of the players on the team didn't like him or his attitude. I give him credit for working on that. There was a definite emphasis on his part to be nicer at the start of TC. Shaking hands, smiling, patting teammates on the back. Not sure if that helped. His efforts seemed to diminish throughout the preseason.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:43
Yoop wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:
15 Mar 2023 18:15

Quick summary:

If you are a bigger fan of the Packers than AR: he said he is "debatably the greatest Packer ever," and is an egomaniac. Who would say such a thing? What an idiot. Then he contradicted himself a few times regarding how the Packers dealt with him.

If you are a bigger AR fan than of the Packers: The Packers are trying to screw him over because Gute is a horrible GM and is heartless with cutting older players. AR was so chill - not angry at all, just a realist.
more divisinist tactics, so now we can't be a fan of both the player and also the team, no 1st round draft picks on offense since that Tackle bust 7 or so years ago, not just WR's, who the hell short changes a offense with a first ballot HOF QB, this whole fo needs a hosing out, I'd fire everyone from Murphy on down.

And what do we have to show for it? 8 years of using 1st round and a lot of 2nd and 3rd rounders for a average defense, while the offense made do with the left overs.

most on here are fed up for not winning more play off games or SB's, problem as I see it, is they mis direct there blame, I think it's genetic, most fans didn't know who to blame for the chaos of the 70's and 80's either.

ahh, this has been so frustrating for me, knowing we had a player capable of so much more, yet the powers that be skimped on a position they had just seen win 15 games, we where Air raid revisited, but since the defense sucked it's been in rebuild mode for almost a decade, how insane.

I don't need trophys, what I do need is great offensive football, I liked the Air raid offense, that can get 6 in 2 plays, not that I don't like the running, I do, I simply like the passing more, and back till Jordy's knee blew out I was expecting that brand to continue, Ted let me down, and Guty seemed bound and determined not to change that
See, I believe the problem was with Rodgers. Yes, he made some amazing throws. Lately, they were fewer and farther between. Yes he understands the game better than anyone not name Brady. But he is a very poor leader. We won 39 RS games in 3 seasons. We had talent. We just fell flat in the playoffs due to lack of leadership. We didn't have a QB who would talk with his receivers while on the sidelines. Or discuss formations with the OC on the tablets. He would just roll his eyes and scowl at the coaches, blame the WRs, then kick back on the sidelines by himself without a care in the world.

Word leaked out last offseason that most of the players on the team didn't like him or his attitude. I give him credit for working on that. There was a definite emphasis on his part to be nicer at the start of TC. Shaking hands, smiling, patting teammates on the back. Not sure if that helped. His efforts seemed to diminish throughout the preseason.
your a gossip monger, players say a word or two and it's blown up that Rodgers doesn't like or support the rookies and receivers, it's bloviated out of context BS

and the reason we lost in the PO's was partly leadership all right, we had the worst ST's in the league coupled with a defense that couldn't stop the run for a decade, and it's a whole lost easier to win RS games then PO games, but you know this &%$@, but here you are like others here defending this lack of impact offensive players, rinse and repeat.

the whole football world of gossipers agree's with me, and you use them when it suits your agenda, why not when it's actually is solid info, look around at the high power offenses in the league, most have a stable of 4 to 5 impact offensive players, we havn't used a first rounder on a receiver for 2 decades, havn't used a 2nd on a receiver since Adams in 2014, instead we bring in receivers raw as road kill, but you lay the blame at the feet of the QB, last season with us Lazard was our most productive receiver, do you even realize how infinetly idiotic that is, you saw just how good a rookie receiver can be with Watson, and he was hurt for most of the season, compared to Lazard that is a night and day shut down of your feeble argument Amish, you like others here have a agenda to blame Rodgers and defend the GM that cared more about after Rodgers is gone then he did winning the big game, I bet Murphy had more to do with this last contract then our GM did, but who knows because there has been zero transparency from our FO since 2017

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:02
Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 08:10
Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:23
finally listening to the Pat McAffery show, and his lead in is basically what I've been saying here, lack of weapons stands out,
I watched it all. He literally didn't say anything about weapons, much less a lack thereof, and also confirmed he would vouch for them if they are thinking of signing Lazard and Cobb.
Rodgers didn't do the lead in, Pat McAffery did, and his first line was lack of offensive weapons, maybe you should do what you preach to me, and actually read.
I watched it and especially the first line. There was no complaint by 12 about that. Zero.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Foosball wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:43
The media is having a field day because Rodgers called them out. One of the things I liked about the interview.

Of course the media is going to spin it in their own direction. Jackals.
The media is having a field day only be cause that is what they do. They’ve been spinning so much junk because they don’t have so much to offer during the offseason. So they conjure up stuff because they can’t publish the “I dont know” stuff. For a guy of Rodgers’ public stature, he could show up and have tape on his lips. And the press would publish loads of what he “meant” or what it supposedly means.

Rodgers had a good discussion yesterday, albeit more open than most people would be. And you see the spin now, even in this very forum.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If you guys who watch the cap and do that math will let me know if this is incorrect…

Looks like the Packers are actually having an INCENTIVE to delay a trade until June. Rodgers’ cap hit for a trade would decrease by something like $24M after then. Is that correct?

I think that means there is no trade unless the Jets ante up at least $24M plus whatever draft picks, at least until June. So that’s a lot of time for the Jets and the Packers to sit on their chairs.

Part of me thinks that this will end with 12 announcing his retirement as a Green Bay Packer - in another month at least.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Mar 2023 11:35
If you guys who watch the cap and do that math will let me know if this is incorrect…

Looks like the Packers are actually having an INCENTIVE to delay a trade until June. Rodgers’ cap hit for a trade would decrease by something like $24M after then. Is that correct?

I think that means there is no trade unless the Jets ante up at least $24M plus whatever draft picks, at least until June. So that’s a lot of time for the Jets and the Packers to sit on their chairs.

Part of me thinks that this will end with 12 announcing his retirement as a Green Bay Packer - in another month at least.
True, but that comes at the cost of 2024 cap and pushing trade compensation to 2024.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 11:21
AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:43
Yoop wrote:

your a gossip monger, players say a word or two and it's blown up that Rodgers doesn't like or support the rookies and receivers, it's bloviated out of context BS

and the reason we lost in the PO's was partly leadership all right, we had the worst ST's in the league coupled with a defense that couldn't stop the run for a decade, and it's a whole lost easier to win RS games then PO games, but you know this &%$@, but here you are like others here defending this lack of impact offensive players, rinse and repeat.

the whole football world of gossipers agree's with me, and you use them when it suits your agenda, why not when it's actually is solid info, look around at the high power offenses in the league, most have a stable of 4 to 5 impact offensive players, we havn't used a first rounder on a receiver for 2 decades, havn't used a 2nd on a receiver since Adams in 2014, instead we bring in receivers raw as road kill, but you lay the blame at the feet of the QB, last season with us Lazard was our most productive receiver, do you even realize how infinetly idiotic that is, you saw just how good a rookie receiver can be with Watson, and he was hurt for most of the season, compared to Lazard that is a night and day shut down of your feeble argument Amish, you like others here have a agenda to blame Rodgers and defend the GM that cared more about after Rodgers is gone then he did winning the big game, I bet Murphy had more to do with this last contract then our GM did, but who knows because there has been zero transparency from our FO since 2017
So adams sucked because he wasn't a first rounder? Tonyan didn't catch the most TDs for a TE before his injury? Aaron Jones isn't one of the best receiving RBs in the NFL?

Maybe the reason some of the WRs didn't emerge is because AR didn't attend minicamps, ignored them in the offseason, blamed them for his poor throws, wouldn't go over things during the games, etc. You know, like most successful QBs in the league.

But no. He is Aaron Rodgers and is perfect.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 11:43
So adams sucked because he wasn't a first rounder? Tonyan didn't catch the most TDs for a TE before his injury? Aaron Jones isn't one of the best receiving RBs in the NFL?

Maybe the reason some of the WRs didn't emerge is because AR didn't attend minicamps, ignored them in the offseason, blamed them for his poor throws, wouldn't go over things during the games, etc. You know, like most successful QBs in the league.

you just don't get it, Adams dropped a TD pass as did Tonyan in 2020 PO's, when you only have 2 or 3 impact players on offense what happens when ya lose one, if you can't matchup player for player offense to defense, well obviously one side has the upper hand, seriously Amish this conversation is so childish.

you blame Rodgers I get that, so be it, but he's less to blame for our PO loses then you and others want to admit.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This! A Quote from Bill Parcells…

If there are still any who would want 12 back in Green Bay in 2023.
Attachments
3B92337F-61DB-4E95-907C-95F7A9B6FA6B.jpeg
3B92337F-61DB-4E95-907C-95F7A9B6FA6B.jpeg (224.93 KiB) Viewed 427 times

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:01
AmishMafia wrote:

you just don't get it, Adams dropped a TD pass as did Tonyan in 2020 PO's, when you only have 2 or 3 impact players on offense what happens when ya lose one, if you can't matchup player for player offense to defense, well obviously one side has the upper hand, seriously Amish this conversation is so childish.

you blame Rodgers I get that, so be it, but he's less to blame for our PO loses then you and others want to admit.
And when you refuse to accept responsibility; refuse to help your young players, this happens. When you delude yourself that your skills are still elite and that you can make any throw and gain pocket time with your legs, you probably think you don't have to put in the work - it's easier just to yell at your receivers, scowl at the coaches, and snear at the OC.

It's tough to see your hero look so pedestrian. But you have to accept the reality and stop blaming everyone else in the organization for Aaron's short comings.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Hey guys, Adams dropped a pass in the NFC Championship Game.

:bigcry:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'm not sure how accurate that quote about retirement is but I can buy it. What I can definitely buy is that spite is going to give him a second-wind for sure. Pissed off Rodgers is best Rodgers, it is known.

One reason for Rodgers's drop-off last season that I have thought about a few times but have not had the opportunity to express: he was too happy/content with things. And when he is content, he just does not have that same fire that makes him truly dangerous.

I didn't initially buy the idea that drafting Jordan Love helped light a fire under him to have that MVP season, but I do now. He was way too comfy last year, there are now reports of him checking-out (which are given credence by him skipping OTAs and such).

He's gonna be a bit angry for the Jets, good for them. We are not gonna get angry Rodgers, though, so trade him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:31
Yoop wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

And when you refuse to accept responsibility; refuse to help your young players, this happens. When you delude yourself that your skills are still elite and that you can make any throw and gain pocket time with your legs, you probably think you don't have to put in the work - it's easier just to yell at your receivers, scowl at the coaches, and snear at the OC.

It's tough to see your hero look so pedestrian. But you have to accept the reality and stop blaming everyone else in the organization for Aaron's short comings.
I didn't, go look at post from last year and years past, I blamed Rodgers plenty, what I wont do is blame him for the idiocy of our GM not to provide better players.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

im sure Rodgers will have a good season with the Jets next year unless he gets hurt.

I have no worries that he will win a SB
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:35

And the guy who keeps bringing it up would take Adams back in a heartbeat if we had the chance, showing how incredibly cheap of a shot it is.

Adams is one of the best WRs in our whole team history. You'd think yoop of all people would respect that, but this Rodgers worship is so out-of-control that they will even attack this team's absolute greats to cover for their God.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:37
AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:31
Yoop wrote:

I didn't, go look at post from last year and years past, I blamed Rodgers plenty, what I wont do is blame him for the idiocy of our GM not to provide better players.
Rodgers' actions and the GM's actions are two separate things. Criticizing Rodgers for not attending OTAs or showing sub-par leadership should not generate a "but our receivers sucked" response from you. What you're doing is called "whataboutism"; look it up. :roll:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:40
Acrobat wrote:

And the guy who keeps bringing it up would take Adams back in a heartbeat if we had the chance, showing how incredibly cheap of a shot it is.

Adams is one of the best WRs in our whole team history. You'd think yoop of all people would respect that, but this Rodgers worship is so out-of-control that they will even attack this team's absolute greats to cover for their God.
Well said.

Gute is a much better GM and MLF is a much better coach than AR is a QB at this point. 10 years ago, AR was the playing at the highest level ever for a Packer QB. But those days are long gone. I believe you are right, and he will play much better for the NYJs than he has for us. But I don't think they will see the SB.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:56
Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:40
Acrobat wrote:

Well said.

Gute is a much better GM and MLF is a much better coach than AR is a QB at this point. 10 years ago, AR was the playing at the highest level ever for a Packer QB. But those days are long gone. I believe you are right, and he will play much better for the NYJs than he has for us. But I don't think they will see the SB.
We actually dont know how good of a GM Gute is or Lafleur is as a coach without Rodgers...but stay tuned...we will soon know!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean there are hundreds of posts and acknowledgement of the supporting cast errors in the NFC Title game that keeps getting brought up. Adams drop. Lazard route miscommunication. EQSB's 2 pt conversion drop.

And yes. Rodgers had his errors too. Both are true. One doesn't vindicate the other. Everyone had issues. It was multiple errors by players you don't expect to make errors.

Where the conversation goes awry is trying to correlate errors by everyone except MVS in that game to the GM. That's why I keep bringing up macro and micro issues. The specific game error is a micro issue. Not a roster build issue.

There is a lot of finger pointing and cat fighting right now. yet the only guy here who contradicts himself is yoop which is why I have been laughing so much in my posts lately. You can't at one second say our 3rd WR was trash and then in the next breath say "of course he got paid $44MM.... he's a great receiver." to defend a completely different argument of why the Jets signed him.

Yet that is exactly what has happened. And it's why the Rodgers defense at all cost is such transactional arguing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.